Haus

Ifollow this year ?

So, Im leaving my current job in August and taking a 2 year work break, Im going travelling (initially Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam)  Does anyone know is Ifollow running this year still  ?  I cant see any prices anywhere online.  

5 minutes ago, Haus said:

So, Im leaving my current job in August and taking a 2 year work break, Im going travelling (initially Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam)  Does anyone know is Ifollow running this year still  ?  I cant see any prices anywhere online.  

Bill's your man

• Haha 1

I think the league should take the bull by the horns and go for a model where everything is streamed for subscribers without reservation; I subscribed to ifollow last time and was continually finding a game wasn't available because one or the French broadcasters happened to be televising it. 

F1 sells broadcast rights but still shows everything on F1.com without reservation for less money than an ifollow subscription.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Haus said:

My understanding is that NCFC tore up their deal with EFL Digital so iFollow (for home games) will not be available this season.

Does anyone know what 'Access to digital matchday programme' means for the home membership?  I assumed that audio commentary would be available as it has been for many years, but now I'm a little worried that this might not be the case and I've signed up to it for nothing... It sounds like away commentaries aren't part of the Away package, at least as far as I can tell (and the club aren't replying to my queries about it...).

Would be pretty disappointing if there's no audio commentary any more, living too far away to get a decent radio Norfolk signal...

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Does anyone know what 'Access to digital matchday programme' means for the home membership?  I assumed that audio commentary would be available as it has been for many years, but now I'm a little worried that this might not be the case and I've signed up to it for nothing... It sounds like away commentaries aren't part of the Away package, at least as far as I can tell (and the club aren't replying to my queries about it...).

Would be pretty disappointing if there's no audio commentary any more, living too far away to get a decent radio Norfolk signal...

Might be available on freeview or freesat.

31 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

You can go to BBC Radio Norfolk online.

6 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

It's blocked outside of Norfolk I believe. There is that fella on YouTube Dr Tubber? Is it... He rebroadcasts Radio Norfolk commentary .

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dont be go by Bert or something now?🤔

Yeah. He likes those unusual puppets with old fashioned names as his avatar.

39 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Might be available on freeview or freesat.

Just to add, although blocked online it's available on the above. I'm over 60 miles from Norwich but can still get it that way.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Yeah. He likes those unusual puppets with old fashioned names as his avatar.

You sure Bert is Bilious? He insults me very much in the same way Waveneyo/ Freddo did. ... Often referring to my non existent Catholic Republican leanings. Unless Bill has suddenly got clever-er.

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Just to add, although blocked online it's available on the above. I'm over 60 miles from Norwich but can still get it that way.

I’m 90-100 miles away and can get it (knebworth herts) 

45 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Do you get Norfolk commentaries online during match times then? I thought all local (ONLINE) BBC commentaries were blocked across the UK.

Edit: Maybe you meant you're listening over the airwaves at that distance though?! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It's blocked outside of Norfolk I believe. There is that fella on YouTube Dr Tubber? Is it... He rebroadcasts Radio Norfolk commentary .

Dr Dublin. Think he got banned unfortunately as I made great use of that here in NI.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It is not available outside Norfolk as you say, so the chances of getting it in the far east are negligible as the BBC seem better at controlling availability than Sky or whomever (albeit the demand for such a stream are much, much lower than Sky programmes). 

The guy on YouTube you are thinking of is Dr Dublin.  However he seemed to have stopped streaming toward the back end of last season - probably because both he and his audience had given up on listening due to the crap being served up on the pitch. Ah, just seen (Northern) Irish Canary's post -  didn't realise he got banned.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I get it but when matches are on I cant. 

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Do you get Norfolk commentaries during match times then? I thought all local BBC commentaries were blocked across the UK.

It's not blocked if you are in broadcast range of Radio Norfolk (analog or digital).  I can get it in my car here in deepest darkest Suffolk but my digital radio doesn't pick it up.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

It's not blocked if you are in broadcast range of Radio Norfolk (analog or digital).  I can get it in my car here in deepest darkest Suffolk but my digital radio doesn't pick it up.

All bbc local commentaries are blocked to online access. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

All bbc local commentaries are blocked to online access. 

Yep I'm aware online commentaries are blocked, it's also blocked in Norfolk in that scenario.  I was referencing other methods.

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You sure Bert is Bilious? He insults me very much in the same way Waveneyo/ Freddo did. ... Often referring to my non existent Catholic Republican leanings. Unless Bill has suddenly got clever-er.

Fred also has fredherring. So I’m not sure. 

3 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Yep I'm aware online commentaries are blocked, it's also blocked in Norfolk in that scenario.  I was referencing other methods.

Sorry, I did mean online.  I've edited my post now.

43 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Do you get Norfolk commentaries online during match times then? I thought all local (ONLINE) BBC commentaries were blocked across the UK.

Edit: Maybe you meant you're listening over the airwaves at that distance though?! 🙂

On sky mate 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

I've definitely been unable to do that in the past, with it being blocked in Lincolnshire.  I guess there are probably workaround, but it used to be so handy to get all commentaries (home and away) through the canaries player... though incredibly frustrating when it broke periodically!

If I get in my car, park on a hill and don't want to listen past about 16:00, then I can get an actual radio signal... but after that time, it degrades and another station that plays carp folk music starts to really get in the way.

2 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

All bbc local commentaries are blocked to online access. 

1 hour ago, (Northern) Irish Canary said:

Dr Dublin. Think he got banned unfortunately as I made great use of that here in NI.

Yeah, last couple of times I looked for it, it wasn’t available. I’m surprised it survived that long TBH.

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

On sky mate 

Is it? During matches?

Can’t believe I’ve missed that. Although it is another reason not to cancel my subscription which I get that close to every time it comes up.

4 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

My understanding is that NCFC tore up their deal with EFL Digital so iFollow (for home games) will not be available this season.

My understanding is that the club is going to sign an exciting partnership with vipbox.tv and then use all the extra revenue from the “sexy mature ladies in my area” advertising on it to buy that Pukki replacement.

OT - where do all the sexy childish ladies advertise?