Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Huddersfield vs Forest play off final

Whos getting promoted?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we think is winning todays play off final?

• Huddersfield
    • Forest

We can live with the ref making his call, he's only human, and mistakes can be accepted.

It's the VAR officials, they are there with the benefit of technology to correct mistakes. 

And then they make decisions like that... it's pathetic and corrupt. 

Let's face it - VAR has done nothing to make football fairer. And considering the loss in joy when a team scores, if it can't even supply more fairness, it shouldn't exist.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let’s face it

it’s John Moss’ last game, he’s **ed up, and his mate in the VAR booth has done him a favour.

closed shop boys club. Absolutely stinks. Investigation needed pronto 

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

We can live with the ref making his call, he's only human, and mistakes can be accepted.

It's the VAR officials, they are there with the benefit of technology to correct mistakes. 

And then they make decisions like that... it's pathetic and corrupt. 

You look at that once on replay and it’s obviously a penalty, can’t wait to hear the reasoning.

Just now, Monty13 said:

You look at that once on replay and it’s obviously a penalty, can’t wait to hear the reasoning.

It’s usually the club badge

• Like 2

I suppose you could argue a case for the first one not being given, but the second one, a blatant penalty was not even looked at. Get the bigger club promoted at all costs.

Edited by Well b back
  • Like 1

There is no reasoning. VAR is totally random. Which is ironic, since the whole point of it was to cut out random decision-making.

Meanwhile, quite frankly neither deserve to be promoted - obviously one will - based on the appalling lack of quality on display on this game. Like I have said before I'll be stunned if we don't finish in the top six next season, or even top two given the state of the Championship. 

Edited by Surfer

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

It’s usually the club badge

Still is today, the Premier League want former champions of Europe back in the league, Moss has his orders. 

• Like 4

Nottingham forest are more marketable 

you can lean on the ancient history like Leeds, gives Jamie Carragher something to talk about. 

Wont last though, media are already done with Leeds “back where we belong” etc

FA clearly made a unanimous decision that Forest were getting promoted today, and everyone but Huddersfield knew about it.

No description available.

• Like 2

I think it was a simple case of it being Jon Moss' final game and the VAR officials didn't want to ruin his big day by questioning his decisions. Because that's how officials tend to think, they're just as important and famous as the football clubs and the fans and TV cameras are there to see them just as much as a game of football. It was HIS big day and they weren't about to spoil it by making him look silly because it was such an obviously poor decision, it was only a Championship game and he's PREMIER LEAGUE referee, they should be so lucky that they got to be a part of such a historic occasion as his final game. 

He probably thought I've played a blinder there catching that dive, one last show of how great I am before I retire. Hopefully he feels like a pillock when he watches it back. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Christ , was that really the 3rd vs 4th placed teams in that league this season?

Lets hope the Championship is even only half as poor next term

Some on here reckon we’ll do well to avoid relegation 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Some on here have massively changed our minds after watching that dross 😁

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

What about the other forums FF, what are they saying? 

How's the dog? 😛😄 

Edited by Greavsy

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Sheff Utd would have gone up today instead of Forest , I genuinely think us and Watford wouldve had a free run for the top 2 next season

Both Sheff Utd snd WBA are a bit of an unknown for next season as are Burnley....but there would be something incredibly wrong if we didnt at least finish in the top 6 , if that was the standard today

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If Sheff Utd would have gone up today instead of Forest , I genuinely think us and Watford wouldve had a free run for the top 2 next season

Both Sheff Utd snd WBA are a bit of an unknown for next season as are Burnley....but there would be something incredibly wrong if we didnt at least finish in the top 6 , if that was the standard today

Those five and Middlesborough could well be the top six.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

1998 was the last time they were in the top flight I do bealive. Been a long time, even more so for a club like them that were once a pretty big club and they do have a very loyal fanbase too.

1999, twenty three years ago until now. It just seems right that a team with their history are now back at the top table where they belong.

Cannot excuse the awful officiating today though.

Edited by KernowCanary