cambridgeshire canary

Must be fun being a Brentford fan

I'm sure second season syndrome will hit them hard like it did the Blunts and Huddersfield and all, but my word are they are having fun. Who knew keeping your best players might work out? Fair play to them I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I expect them to build on this and continue to impress next season. They've got a lot of smart people working at the club and a second season's Premier League money will improve the squad significantly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I expect them to build on this and continue to impress next season. They've got a lot of smart people working at the club and a second season's Premier League money will improve the squad significantly.

Hopefuly all set to lose Erikson and Toney so that's a start.

27 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm sure Leeds, Sheffield United and several teams before them have thought along similar lines.

19 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

*** ****'* ** *********?

R, please.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It has if you look harder 😉

Touché Monsieur Tube man!

I would love to experience the second season syndrome and a second season's Premier League money

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 5

Eriksen will be gone in the summer and they will finish bottom 3 next season comfortably, if he hadn't sign in January they'd have been relegated with us and Watford. 

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Do you have a list of inaccurate top scorers for their history young Cambridge? 

I said after 93, whats your issue old man? Nobody cares who scored in 1856😉

• Haha 2

Second season syndrome will hit them hard. This season they have got a lot of results against the big 6 and fair play to them for that. Take away the unexpected results which dry up so Beating Arsenal and Chelsea and getting a point against Liverpool. Throw in doing the double over West Ham though this is a bit marginal. Without those it’s a relegation fight. 

Remind me a bit of us in Hughton first season take away the Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City wins and we would have been in big trouble which caught up with us the following season.

Anyway far too many London clubs as it is.

16 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I would love to experience the second season syndrome and a second season's Premier League money

We did

we bought Leroy Fer and it all went to s41t

16 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Eriksen will be gone in the summer and they will finish bottom 3 next season comfortably, if he hadn't sign in January they'd have been relegated with us and Watford. 

Good piece of intelligent football business 👏 getting Eriksen on board, I would say. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm sure Leeds, Sheffield United and several teams before them have thought along similar lines.

Sheffield United had a system that was found out and then they recruited haphazardly. Leeds had a superb manager that got the absolute max from his players but they ran out of steam.

At Brentford we've seen then lose and replace quality for years building up to where they are now. They seem much more akin to a Brighton to me which obviously makes sense considering their ownership.

I'm not saying they're going to be bulletproof but I certainly wouldn't be expecting them to fail and then making weird thereads like this.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

F@&k Brentford 

Bit like Bournmouth really. A bit of a hipster favorite but a tiny club, always will be and a club most players never want to stay at for long.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm sure second season syndrome will hit them hard like it did the Blunts and Huddersfield and all, but my word are they are having fun. Who knew keeping your best players might work out? Fair play to them I suppose.

You literally have your own compendium of admiring tweets about Brentford. Obsessed isn't the word.

17 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sheffield United had a system that was found out and then they recruited haphazardly. Leeds had a superb manager that got the absolute max from his players but they ran out of steam.

At Brentford we've seen then lose and replace quality for years building up to where they are now. They seem much more akin to a Brighton to me which obviously makes sense considering their ownership.

I'm not saying they're going to be bulletproof but I certainly wouldn't be expecting them to fail and then making weird thereads like this.

I mostly agree, but they were looking pretty pitiful before bringing Eriksen in, so it will certainly be a test of their recruitment abilities over the summer.

They have more points in one season than what we got in our last two prem seasons combined. 

let that sink. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Depends they knew Erikson would be short term so i imagine they have been looking for a AM most of the season

( unlike us with CDM )

Will they pick one up as good as Erikson No i doubt it but might get a good one somewhere 

i think they will do exactly what they did this season and replace like for like if they sell and get one or two new ones 

the second season everyone will know exactly how they play and know all about their players 

i think if they get a good AM they might stay up once more 

20 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

They have more points in one season than what we got in our last two prem seasons combined. 

let that sink. 

Ooooh, that’s a good one. I did wheel out the “as many points as us and Watford combined” the other week, but I think this one is better. 👍

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Ooooh, that’s a good one. I did wheel out the “as many points as us and Watford combined” the other week, but I think this one is better. 👍

Nearly there on goals too, Brentford 47, Us 49 (26,23). And they’ve got Leeds while we’ve got Spurs, entirely feasible this one could get over the line too. 

• Like 1

Just back from Everton. Quite a rollercoaster!

It really is fun! 

Who knows about next season? Maybe Toney goes, but for lots of money. Wissa looks like he’ll kick on after a full preseason. Maybe Eriksen won’t extend. Jensen today played as well as him and played the passes leading to the first red and the second goal. We’ve been quite consistently good at recruitment for years so the summer buys will be interesting. But maybe we don’t know how to spend £25m as well as £5-15m. 

We might get found out but then again we’ve not stuck rigidly to a particular system and have switched it up for different opponents so have a little more unpredictability than the recent second season syndrome clubs. 

We’ve actually substantially underperformed our xG so could have been comfortably top 8 (!) whereas both seasons Sheff U were up they substantially outperformed xG. So we’re more like Brighton than them  

Even if you reduce our tally from the top 6 to match Leeds’ nul points we’d be on 38 points and safe barring a hammering by Leeds next Sunday when our biggest margin of defeat has been by 3 goals. 

And if it does go wrong this season will live long and the Championship is higher than most fans have seen for most of their time following the club. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aBee said:

Just back from Everton. Quite a rollercoaster!

It really is fun! 

Who knows about next season? Maybe Toney goes, but for lots of money. Wissa looks like he’ll kick on after a full preseason. Maybe Eriksen won’t extend. Jensen today played as well as him and played the passes leading to the first red and the second goal. We’ve been quite consistently good at recruitment for years so the summer buys will be interesting. But maybe we don’t know how to spend £25m as well as £5-15m. 

We might get found out but then again we’ve not stuck rigidly to a particular system and have switched it up for different opponents so have a little more unpredictability than the recent second season syndrome clubs. 

We’ve actually substantially underperformed our xG so could have been comfortably top 8 (!) whereas both seasons Sheff U were up they substantially outperformed xG. So we’re more like Brighton than them  

Even if you reduce our tally from the top 6 to match Leeds’ nul points we’d be on 38 points and safe barring a hammering by Leeds next Sunday when our biggest margin of defeat has been by 3 goals. 

And if it does go wrong this season will live long and the Championship is higher than most fans have seen for most of their time following the club. 

image.gif.cbf41f6f868fb88c11447e8cd9b695c2.gif

😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4