chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v West Ham (PL/H) *****

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Yes you did, you said about going down with similar points to last time and how we bounced back to win the league to counter my comment that next season will be just as dross as this one 🙄

Exactly. I said we have gone down, kept the board/management and much of the playing staff the same and bounced back. I never said that is what will happen. My argument is writing off next season without having major changes is ridiculous. 

Just now, chicken said:

Everything. Someone Fiery Zac was comparing this season to the last one in the premier league. You said it's because we don't have Skipp - we didn't have Skipp then either. 

That's not what I said, we were comparing the chance of bouncing back next season with the fact we did last time. We had Skipp in the last CHAMPIONSHIP season. If you're going to join in then try to keep up with what's being said 

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Exactly. I said we have gone down, kept the board/management and much of the playing staff the same and bounced back. I never said that is what will happen. My argument is writing off next season without having major changes is ridiculous. 

So what have I "made up" then?? 😂 I get you disagree with me, but what I corrected Chicken about the conversation we're having is correct. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Someone throw the white towel on the pitch. 

Delia did that in August. 

So how’s everyone doing ? I’m sitting on a sunny balcony outside the Uk . Just popped on to get a bit of a feel for the game. I couldn’t give my season ticket away. Kind of sums it up. 

Happily we are still a top 26 side .  Amen to that. 

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wonder if Chris Goreham can actually bring himself to criticize the club after yet another shocking and abject outing. 

Don't be daft 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yeah, looks a good bet. 

I will turn off the lights when I go.

Could you just make sure the plug socket for the VAR is switched off as well please... left on last time and cost us a decent loan signing... 

I can see trouble ahead- the fans will be clapping and cheering the players off the pitch- Smith will do a lap around the ground - Smith comment will be most of the players will be here next season to return the gratitude to the fans for turning u🤣p and clapping,

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

How confident are you this time?

The club felt a lot more together going down last time than it did this time. And a lot of the **** from 19/20 was put down to the post COVID awful run of form. Up to then we at least put in some cracking performances amongst the ****e - and had gotten plenty of praise for our style of play when it went well. Everything made sense about how / why we were being relegated and the greater goal.

This time, no praise or positivity whatsoever. Our best performances have been 6.5-7/10 at best - but mostly few and far between. The lows have been atrocious. And it’s no longer clear what we’re building for at all. It’s a total existential crisis…

Not as confident as last time certainly.

But I don't believe Smith has had a chance to make his mark on the club yet. He's done what he can  with the poor squad he's walked in to. He deserves the chance to create his side, make his signings and (most importantly) get the team to play the way he wants them to, not just the way he thinks is a way to get some results in the PL with a non-PL squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helsinki canary said:

This is spot on, Aarons positioning is awful, he constantly leaves the extra man free when the ball is worked across, Krul not to blame, Aarons and dowell didn’t do their jobs. We should cash in on aarons in the summer, highly overrated defender

He really is. Looks like a child every time and constantly holding his ankle!

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Sorensen unlucky, ball headed onto hand at close range.

Sorry Ricardo but that wasn’t unlucky, his arm should never have been where it was.

We've just got a squad full of complete thickos haven't we.

I guess there's a premium to be paid for players with a footballing brain.

We've got Dowell doing a pass but then standing still to admire himself instead of doing a 'pass and move' like any other attacking player at this f*cking level, and then we've got Sorenson punching the ball in a league which operates with VAR

Been a long time since I felt so unable to relate to our playing squad, honestly think at this stage we should take an axe to it and start again like we did when we finished 14th under Farke, complete rebuild necessary. 

As for Smith, why is he still playing Gilmour, send him packing already, chap is sh*t. 

have the fans turned on webber yet ? and chants of sack the board ?

4-0 down i would thought be the tipping point 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if Delia will be smiling after this one?

Absolutely... We, the nasty natives just don't know what we're talking about. 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Sorensen unlucky, ball headed onto hand at close range.

You are joking? He punched the ball because he got caught lacking by the West Ham player.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

have the fans turned on webber yet ? and chants of sack the board ?

4-0 down i would thought be the tipping point 

Seriously? The fans are more likely to politely applaud the team off at the end of the game

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So what have I "made up" then?? 😂 I get you disagree with me, but what I corrected Chicken about the conversation we're having is correct. 

🤦‍♂️

I never said we will be fine next season just because we were last time.

That's what you said I had said, and that's what you made up.

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

🤦‍♂️

I never said we will be fine next season just because we were last time.

That's what you said I had said, and that's what you made up.

You certainly bloody insinuated it, and you know it. If not your post was utterly pointless as a retort 🙄

The person I feel most sorry for is Efan Ekoku.

The poor sod is always doing the commentary for our matches.

Deserves fan of the season.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 4