Terminally Yellow

Summer Transfer & Rumour Thread 2022

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is beyond ridiculous. First off, we played him in a friendly and we ‘let him’ get tackled. Such a weird understanding of football. Secondly, he is a prisoner? Most prisoners don’t freely sign a contract to be in prison and then get paid 40k a week to be in prison. Shame on Gary Gowers for even quoting this nonsense.

24 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

This is beyond ridiculous. First off, we played him in a friendly and we ‘let him’ get tackled. Such a weird understanding of football. Secondly, he is a prisoner? Most prisoners don’t freely sign a contract to be in prison and then get paid 40k a week to be in prison. Shame on Gary Gowers for even quoting this nonsense.

There’s no point blaming Gowers, who is always worth reading and not up the clubs backside. It might be a case of lost in translation with the quote, but you can get the basics of it. Gary is just asking the question.

None of us know how Pukki really feels, but it’s fair to say there are better places to  play than The Championship regardless of what one gets paid  

29 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Why shouldn’t he share it?

Yes it’s ridiculous but I’d rather hear about what’s being said personally.

I don’t think these stories from Finland bode well for a new contract which is what I’d love to see personally.

Not really a transfer rumour but no other thread seems as appropriate so I found this interesting

Just finished an episode of Webbers The Climb podcast in which he describes two scenarios from recent history-

- A 32-year-old player sending his agent after Webber to complain about not getting in the team 

- a player from the past 2 seasons who slid into a local journos DMs to chew him out for only giving him a 6 in the player ratings

I wonder who is who 🤔

Edited by Mason 47

2011-2018 : 12 Goals  (0 Euro Qualification goals) <- Pre NCFC

2018-2022 : 24 Goals (10 Euro Qualification goals) <- Post NCFC

Prisoner... Sure.  Try revelation!

image.png.e962154ef932c40d6d16c46c1d74685d.png

Edited by Google Bot

25 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

- A 32-year-old player sending his agent after Webber to complain about not getting in the team

Timm Klose

After his interview with TNC I can readily believe he'd do something like this.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

- a player from the past 2 seasons who slid into a local journos DMs to chew him out for only giving him a 6 in the player ratings

I wonder who is who 🤔

Max Aarons 🤫

54 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t think these stories from Finland bode well for a new contract which is what I’d love to see personally.

Maybe it’s a really bad translation but the point about playing him in a friendly and him getting tackled is so weird. I wouldn’t personally quote someone with such a pathetic point of view. He signed a contract, it’s such a warped but regular point made by journalists that if you have the audacity to hold a player to a contract you are oppressing him. The player expects his contract paid in full every month, why shouldn’t a club also expect it honoured? If you quote someone as an interesting insight, you are at least saying it’s a valid point of view, this quote is beyond ludicrous and thus reflects badly on him finding it news worthy.

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

He’ll definitely move on for free in my opinion. Let’s hope Idah has a good season.

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

If you quote someone as an interesting insight, you are at least saying it’s a valid point of view

I think this is where we are in disagreement, I don’t think that’s true at all.

Its still interesting to hear what sources are saying even if you think it’s total boll0cks.

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

He’ll definitely move on for free in my opinion. Let’s hope Idah has a good season.

Unfortunately I’m becoming increasingly resigned to the fact this is probably the case.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I think this is where we are in disagreement, I don’t think that’s true at all.

Its still interesting to hear what sources are saying even if you think it’s total boll0cks.

Tbh, he says the commentator is ‘usually fair’ which doesn’t mean he thinks they are fair in this case. I agree with you on this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Unfortunately I’m becoming increasingly resigned to the fact this is probably the case.

He’s had a good stint. Been good for his international career, his medal drawer and his bank account. Good luck to him. He’ll be 33 when he leaves. He was never going to play here that much longer. Might even get a bumper contract in America to see things out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Meh. I get the distinct impression this is likely to be their MFW take on the interview by the Finish reporter that the PinkUn already interviewed. I would think it is something lost in translation but if you watch that interview, the reporter does inform Paddy that he felt the message from Pukki's agent was rather that whilst they would always honour a contract that was in place, they are somewhat limited by the valuation Norwich put on Pukki, though they also understand why that valuation was set as to the club, he is worth more than to another club.

As such you could easily just throw around typical transfer phrases such as "held hostage", "priced out of a move" etc etc etc. Didn't seem at all reluctant, grumpy or anything in any of the videos he has featured in and was clearly enjoying time with squad mates.

Is this the best time for him to move in his career? Yes. He's just spent four seasons making his name, and at 32, hasn't got long to capitalise on the first real period of success in his career. 

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

Meh. I get the distinct impression this is likely to be their MFW take on the interview by the Finish reporter that the PinkUn already interviewed. I would think it is something lost in translation but if you watch that interview, the reporter does inform Paddy that he felt the message from Pukki's agent was rather that whilst they would always honour a contract that was in place, they are somewhat limited by the valuation Norwich put on Pukki, though they also understand why that valuation was set as to the club, he is worth more than to another club.

No they are genuine comments on an article about Sinani 

Your main issue all the time is that your clearly best player does not want to play anymore for Norwich. Still your obviously idiot manager forces him to play also against very low level clubs, where he gets injured. Its obvious that low level amateur players will tackle late someone like Pukki. Your club has become very strange since Farke left. A player who does not want to stay, its always the best solution to let him leave. A very unhappy player does not play at his level. This issue Norwich must fix first and then you can start thinking what role Sinani or whoever might play. If your plan really is to stick with Pukki no matter what, it proves very clearly that your club has zero faith in other players talent.

Hi Jim, there are enough Teemus interviews made during his time with the national team. Interviews are made in finnish and its his mother language andi n the mother language express their feelings. Everyone who has at least some common sense can see that everything is not right at all. The interviewer even tries to even cheer him up by saying that in championship you will score plenty of goals and Norwich have won that league 2 times, it does not cheer him up. Its more like dont try to put words in my mouth reaction and obviously he is not interested in discussing Norwich at all. Main reason for interview was the national team of course, everything is fine for him in national team but obviously players are getting questions about their clubs which they represent. These are very informative stuff, Pukki was not only one who made it. Players here spoke how they really feel and that is of course the idea of those interviews. Its obvious cultural difference to Britain. Of course we also know here what kind of personalities they are at least a certain level. Our player pool is not that large and many have played with or against them or have coaching experiences. Their personal life is their personal life, of course if someone has a drug or alcohol problem its widely known without any press interviews. Teemus interview was not the most interesting or shocking one, very interesting stuff some players said about their football life abroad so thanks to those we know more than local fans who knows usually only the cover. After the national team games Teemu has been seen partying and waving albanian flag in Pristina. He wants a move, I dont know or care what his agents wants. If someone believes that his agents want to bring chaos to Norwich, they are very wrong.

Our women euro 2022 broadcasting studio started with nice drama. 1 of the tv pundits was national team second coach and she had resigned. She told her feelings about it and how badly she felt the head coach had treated her. Head coach who is swedish has refused to comment, because its not part of their culture. If she would be finnish, she surely would have given her own view of things to the public and by that she would get some respect here.

So, everyone knows here that Teemu wants to leave. Your friendly vs that low level club has been in several media here because some of the players tackled Teemu and you let that happen and because his situation is what it is in Norwich now. We see him as a prisoner.

The problem is Norwichs asking price. Lower that and accept what you get. He is a prisoner basically, what else? This situation now does not favor either side and Norwich club owners and board should use some common sense remembering too how much Teemu has already given to the club.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No they are genuine comments on an article about Sinani 

Yup, and they look like they have been informed by various sources. Seems a bit poorly written, very amateurish.

As said, I would watch the videos we have of pre-season and the friendlies. They do not reflect the mindset and attitude reflected in this piece which seems "baity" to me. Not only that, if you watch Michael Baily's youtube vid reflecting on the Kings Lynn game, he said it was clear after the game that Pukki wasn't injured, it was a contact injury and came off but nothing more and that he saw Pukki after the game and he was walking around fine.

22 minutes ago, chicken said:

As such you could easily just throw around typical transfer phrases such as "held hostage", "priced out of a move" etc etc etc. Didn't seem at all reluctant, grumpy or anything in any of the videos he has featured in and was clearly enjoying time with squad mates.

Is this the best time for him to move in his career? Yes. He's just spent four seasons making his name, and at 32, hasn't got long to capitalise on the first real period of success in his career. 

I agree with this.

I also believe that we don't have an irreplaceable player in our squad.

I am relaxed about each individuals status at the club.

There are plenty that I want to stay but none that would upset me if they left.

18 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not only that, if you watch Michael Baily's youtube vid reflecting on the Kings Lynn game, he said it was clear after the game that Pukki wasn't injured, it was a contact injury and came off but nothing more and that he saw Pukki after the game and he was walking around fine.

Watch in the background of Omo being interviewed here (3/4 way through) and tell me that isn't Pukki limping across the pitch! I'm concerned, he wasn't moving that freely.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I agree with this.

I also believe that we don't have an irreplaceable player in our squad.

I am relaxed about each individuals status at the club.

There are plenty that I want to stay but none that would upset me if they left.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I struggle to see any player I think we could be without the exception being Pukki.  I see him as vital to next season. 

14 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Watch in the background of Omo being interviewed here (3/4 way through) and tell me that isn't Pukki limping across the pitch! I'm concerned, he wasn't moving that freely.

Maybe he got too close to Hanley in the changing rooms post match?

3 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Gowers likes a stick with which to beat the club, even if he has to clutch at one. Pukki’s career had stalled. Celtic and Brondby. We helped make him an international star. When the Finnish PM or president met Macron he gave the French president a Pukki Finland shirt. We took a chance and that was the result.

If now Pukki would prefer that we didn’t need him to stay I would understand that, but we do need him to stay, and I am sure he understands that.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Oh god, that's nothing. Baily was right. 

42 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Gowers likes a stick with which to beat the club, even if he has to clutch at one. Pukki’s career had stalled. Celtic and Brondby. We helped make him an international star. When the Finnish PM or president met Macron he gave the French president a Pukki Finland shirt. We took a chance and that was the result.

If now Pukki would prefer that we didn’t need him to stay I would understand that, but we do need him to stay, and I am sure he understands that.

Very harsh view on Gary there Purple.

Edited by king canary

2 hours ago, chicken said:

Yup, and they look like they have been informed by various sources. Seems a bit poorly written, very amateurish.

As said, I would watch the videos we have of pre-season and the friendlies. They do not reflect the mindset and attitude reflected in this piece which seems "baity" to me. Not only that, if you watch Michael Baily's youtube vid reflecting on the Kings Lynn game, he said it was clear after the game that Pukki wasn't injured, it was a contact injury and came off but nothing more and that he saw Pukki after the game and he was walking around fine.

Where did they say Pukki got injured? They said he got tackled by lower league players and he did. Don’t understand the issue personally but that was the complaint.

I’ve watched the videos, you think the official channel’s going to show unhappy footage of Pukki? 

I don’t get why you are being so super defensive about this still. Pukki’s a pro, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to leave or that people in his home country picking up on that are wrong.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

If they were even vaguely worried he would be in a boot or on crutches.

Walking exactly like he got a right old smack, which I believe is the technical term

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Looks like me walking off after 6 a side every week! The lads the wrong side of 30 now, things start to creak a bit more, he’ll be fine

You've all reassured me! I can rest easy and look forward to the season still! 😄

[For now] 😉

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

well if its reached that stage lets get him Thread of his own

instead of trawling this lot

7 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Looks like me walking off after 6 a side every week! The lads the wrong side of 30 now, things start to creak a bit more, he’ll be fine

of topic maybe in the Pukki thread 😉

I think losing Pukki could actually help Dean Smith. First, if Pukki's departure was announced just before the season started, it would take a lot of the pressure off Smith to deliver immediately. People would probably forgive a poor first half of the season in such a circumstance. Second, it would make it much easier for Smith to change the entire style of the team. Everything I saw last season suggested to me that Smith did not like the style he inherited from Farke and he would love to change to a more direct and muscular one. But as long as Pukki is there and we build our play around him, it's very difficult to do that. We have to play on the floor.

Let me make clear that I'm not advocating selling Pukki. Far from it. I've made it crystal clear elsewhere that I want Pukki to stay and I personally want Smith to go. I just see a clash between what Smith seems to want to do and what Pukki offers.

• Like 1