Sign in to follow this  
cornish sam

Manager in waiting

Paul Warne for me.....Done miracles at Rotherham within a budget.....Local boy and ticks the boxes.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russell Martin and his Swansea team have been very comparable to Farke in his fist season here. Both in style and in ratio of wins, draws and losses. They have some good youngsters coming through too, expect them to be about the playoffs next season.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I Like the foreign manager route  so we can unearth some gems from lower leagues abroad 

This is nigh on impossible after brexit.

I just have that feeling things will go t*ts up with Martin. He divided fans when he was here, goodness knows what would happen if he came here and we had a difficult spell. Would rather anyone than Martin tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What exactly has Martin achieved in management to be even mentioned? 

He's got swansea to get their first double over Cardiff in like decades or something but that's about it, although given the state Cardiff are in I don't think that's much to gloat about

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's got swansea to get their first double over Cardiff in like decades or something but that's about it, although given the state Cardiff are in I don't think that's much to gloat about

Fair point, you can’t ask for much more. Would he be a ‘Yes’ man though and fit into to the culture of managing Norwich City? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

51 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Like the foreign manager route  so we can unearth some gems from lower leagues abroad 

Seem to remember when Chris Hughton left Norwich the club said they were scouring Europe - and possibly the world and universe too - in their quest to find the right person then ended up with Neil Adams who was already in the building 😀

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What exactly has Martin achieved in management to be even mentioned? 

I suspect had he remained at MK Dons he would have a promotion on his CV.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fair point, you can’t ask for much more. Would he be a ‘Yes’ man though and fit into to the culture of managing Norwich City? 

Russ would get first dibs on the Yorkshire puds and pork cracklin' when invited for Sunday lunch down Stowmarket way....

Plus as much as he wants from the Gravy boat....

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Seem to remember when Chris Hughton left Norwich the club said they were scouring Europe - and possibly the world and universe too - in their quest to find the right person then ended up with Neil Adams who was already in the building 😀

Yes - that was truly cringeworthy!! However, methinks a similar statement may be issued soon if / when Webber leaves.........'by mutual consent'.  Adams would walk straight into said vacancy would he not?? 

5 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Russell Martin and his Swansea team have been very comparable to Farke in his fist season here. Both in style and in ratio of wins, draws and losses. They have some good youngsters coming through too, expect them to be about the playoffs next season.

You may well be right. However, Swansea fans are often far from thrilled with the style of football 'Russ' demands his team play. Indeed if you thought Farke's first season was boring as hell (which it was) then the ex Captain / Legend is even more obsessive in possession for possessions sake. Endlessly passing the ball along the back line for no apparent purpose. No pace in the team and little by way of cutting edge are also held up as examples of the managers current playing style. More than one Swan has described the type of football as 'euthanasia'!! Not sure I want to see that here. 

MK Don's seem to have improved since he left. Swansea seem to be worse since he joined. There's two ways of looking at this, either a) he set a great foundation for MKD to build on and has a massive rebuild on his hands with Swansea, or b) he had a team that finished third in mid-table and a play off team in the bottom half. 

• Like 1

I would say we are a club that should be appointing managers with more pedigree than Martin. So yeah nailed on he'll come here.

Martin. Another classic case of being suggested because of the club connection rather than any merit. 

Warne is more intriguing. 3 promotions. And a cup (And yes 2 relegations) Rotherham are the Norwich of league one. No idea about the style of football they play. Or how he'd do with a bigger budget. He's also been there since 2016 which surprised me as I thought someone would've taken a punt on him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Russ would get first dibs on the Yorkshire puds and pork cracklin' when invited for Sunday lunch down Stowmarket way....

Being a vegan, he would be more interested in the fruit and veg in her garden.....

6 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

MK Don's seem to have improved since he left. Swansea seem to be worse since he joined. There's two ways of looking at this, either a) he set a great foundation for MKD to build on and has a massive rebuild on his hands with Swansea, or b) he had a team that finished third in mid-table and a play off team in the bottom half. 

Swansea may well be worse since he joined but that will be largely down to significant cost and squad cutting necessitated by the loss of parachute payments. Which their rich American owners didn’t replace.

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Being a vegan, he would be more interested in the fruit and veg in her garden.....

Crackd Vegan Yorkshire Puddings - YouTubeMaking Vegan PORK RINDS from RICE PAPER!! - YouTubeThe World's Best Vegan Gravy Recipe - The Kitchen Wife

39 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Martin. Another classic case of being suggested because of the club connection rather than any merit. 

Warne is more intriguing. 3 promotions. And a cup (And yes 2 relegations) Rotherham are the Norwich of league one. No idea about the style of football they play. Or how he'd do with a bigger budget. He's also been there since 2016 which surprised me as I thought someone would've taken a punt on him. 

The style isn't great from memory when we played them last season and they didn't mind kicking lumps out of our players.

Also, I don't hugely want Martin in charge but it's worth remembering that sometimes getting the right manager with the right style in to a club can be more important than that managers previous results. Both Graham Potter and Steve Cooper failed to get Swansea promoted but both have shown they are very good managers.

19 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Unlikely, he's vegan mate. 

On 01/05/2022 at 09:07, Mello Yello said:

Paul Warne for me.....Done miracles at Rotherham within a budget.....Local boy and ticks the boxes.....

Loves a yoyo too 👍

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Swansea may well be worse since he joined but that will be largely down to significant cost and squad cutting necessitated by the loss of parachute payments. Which their rich American owners didn’t replace.

Who did they sell over the summer out of interest?