Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Brazilian striker linked.

Liked the look of that Jarlan Barrera that CrankyCanary posted in other thread. Looks strong on the ball, but tricky and creates openings, very much like Buendia.

The Brazilian link comes from EDP saying they now have scouts in Brazil, so S. American players are who we should be looking at for that bit of flair

I wonder how many of these links to young players even through the official pinkun page actually go on to be signed and achieve anything for the city 1st team?

In a 100? That might even be a bit generous

Oh goody, another foreign teenager no sod has heard of..... 😁

*quickly checks Football Manager *.... 

Yes a another homesick teenager unless we show him bright lights of Hemsby and Yarmouth prior to signing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Liked the look of that Jarlan Barrera that CrankyCanary posted in other thread. Looks strong on the ball, but tricky and creates openings, very much like Buendia.

The Brazilian link comes from EDP saying they now have scouts in Brazil, so S. American players are who we should be looking at for that bit of flair

If you ever want some other South American suggestions, just ask and I shall provide.

Edited by CrankyCanary

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Know absolutely nothing about him, but a new name for once. 

Screenshot_20220418-150307.png

I feel like it's an A********h thing to say especially considering I know **** all about him, but I'm getting Soto vibes of this kid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We've known about the South American scouting for a while. Supposedly the only reason we didn't make moves in that market last summer was because they couldn't get out and watch players due to Covid.

Looking at a video of some of his youth team exploits this link makes a lot of sense. Big, decently fast and technically skilled.

29 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We've known about the South American scouting for a while. Supposedly the only reason we didn't make moves in that market last summer was because they couldn't get out and watch players due to Covid.

Looking at a video of some of his youth team exploits this link makes a lot of sense. Big, decently fast and technically skilled.

Can you link the video please?

52 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I could make someone's nan look like that in a youtube video though. 

• Haha 2

Obviously, you can only get the basics of a player from a highlight reel. You could put together a very similar reel from the Norwich youth careers of Carlton Morris or Adam Idah. That's why scouts go and watch them in the flesh.

I only really looked it up to see if I could add some validity to Goal Brazil's report that our scout was there as I donl't know the source. I think looking at the type of player on top of the buy out fee being relatively low I absolutely believe the report.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I could make someone's nan look like that in a youtube video though. 

Perhaps, bit you couldn't make me look like Giovane 😁

His full name is Giovane Santana do Nascimento. 1 goal in 9 games for Corinthians this season. If memory serves correct, I vaguely remember some other Brazilian with the same surname who turned out to be a half decent player.

12 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

His full name is Giovane Santana do Nascimento. 1 goal in 9 games for Corinthians this season. If memory serves correct, I vaguely remember some other Brazilian with the same surname who turned out to be a half decent player.

Giovane (Transfermarkt)

He's part of the Corinthians youth team so he'll most likely join up as an option for our youth team too, if he does sign.

Might be the recruitment team testing the waters of bringing in South American talent and utilising the knowledge they've acquired over the past couple of years.

Screenshot_20220418-232119_Instagram.jpg

No chance he would not come here only if we where in the premier league has club just woken up that we need a goal scorer not some one just score when he feels like it.

This is just PinkUn puffery. Every time the natives are in danger of getting a bit too restless, the Pink Un manages to drag up something potentially exciting - like a young Brazilian - to take our mind off yet another abject performance or woeful season. It keeps them in sweet with the club (which I understand is necessary because they depend on the club for information, but is irritating all the same).

EDIT: It's like their podcasts. They never go for the jugular. I accept they are meant to be experts and therefore their arguments should be more measured than the opinionated stuff you get on here - including from me - but sometimes I wish they could be a bit less mealy-mouthed (e.g. just say that loaning Gilmour has been a disaster rather than pussyfoot around the reality).

Edited by canarybubbles