Rhino1

The emotional immaturity of some fans is disgrace …..

Tbh, I'm in two minds. I don't dislike the ownership, I don't dislike the idea behind the model that they tried out, I don't feel that we should be sold to many of the terrible investors out there. However it's a reality that we have been relegated multiple times because we don't seem to be able to compete on what we can pay.

Half of me feels that the club needs to move on to become competitive, the other half felt a bit dead when Newcastle got bought out mid season by a distinctly unappealing regime and the whole world pretended that they couldn't possibly have known that Abromovitch had dodgy connections before this year.

There's not a lot of sporting integrity, let alone moral integrity in a club in a relegation fight being able to attract a massive authoritatian state funded buyer to try to bail them out mid way through a season.

All in all, I'm not sure I want to participate in the current circus and I'm not sure a buyout and competing in this farce would actually bring me the joy in victory I felt when I first went to Carrow Road.

Im always going to love Norwich City, but English football in general feels more hollowed out than ever before. My dad stopped watching about 10 years ago for this reason, I have probably never been closer to following him than after this season.

• Like 5

To all of those replying accusing me of the same playground antics than those I accuse of emotional immaturity ! TOSH. ! My observations are not knee jerk reactions, but considered over many months, they may have come out of increasing disillusion with an increasing number of shallow city fans, who show no understanding of context! Or an ability to rationalise - rather just knee jerk based on emotional, unrealistic dreams!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

How much more are they entitled to?.....Without them 'chippin' in?.....

How much more of what?

I guess we could all get 'chipin' in. I've not got much but could sell an old kidney. But would have to sell one every year for the investment to be sustainable. So hopefully others would sell one before they need my other one.

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Where does the entitlement for other people's money come from Kenny?

That's the thing I can't get my head around. If I was a billionaire it's the reason I wouldn't go near a football club. You only have to look to fans at other clubs to see that however much of other people's money they get there is an entitlement to more.

People have value. Not their money.

Entitlement for other peoples money? Our owners would be best placed to answer that...I have invested more than they have. Whats the club worth now?

They way some go on here, we get criticism for expecting a shot on goal....

You have your thoughts on the matter, many disagree.

Value? Sponsorship debacle, record staff leaving including lots of well respected people, squad weaker than 2 seasons ago, a DoF who wasted the best opportunity to strenghten, concentrating on climbing a mountain whilst building his owe sporting foundation (the club already has one you know), the away ticket fiasco and most importantly a dreadful embarrassing season (yes it is embarrassing) for the first team... 

You're a nice fella but I genuinely think you'd rather be in the conference than challenging the best in England.

3 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

You just have to give Delia the clap - you know it makes sense . Don’t be a nappy wetter, just give her your clap.

Hee hee! 😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Clubs shouldn't be running at a loss and relying on donations from owners.

In a nutshell, the problem with this sport/business (delete as necessary) at this level. Very insightful for a bot! Is your algorithm funded by one R. Murdoch?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

In a nutshell, the problem with this sport/business (delete as necessary) at this level. Very insightful for a bot! Is your algorithm funded by one R. Murdoch?

We have been very well funded by the premiership and Sky sports.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Entitlement for other peoples money? Our owners would be best placed to answer that...I have invested more than they have. Whats the club worth now?

They way some go on here, we get criticism for expecting a shot on goal....

You have your thoughts on the matter, many disagree.

Value? Sponsorship debacle, record staff leaving including lots of well respected people, squad weaker than 2 seasons ago, a DoF who wasted the best opportunity to strenghten, concentrating on climbing a mountain whilst building his owe sporting foundation (the club already has one you know), the away ticket fiasco and most importantly a dreadful embarrassing season (yes it is embarrassing) for the first team... 

You're a nice fella but I genuinely think you'd rather be in the conference than challenging the best in England.

If our club is worth more than it was in 1998 that is testament to the owners.

I doubt you've invested more than them. Remember if you're talking about the worth of our club then that's our worth. What they did do though was convert loans into shares, not as an investment but to avoid the loans being paid back.

Tickets? Well you won't win that one as they blow your 1972 out of the park.

Like I have always said - we don't have to be grateful as they.chose to do it, but being ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

Oh and don't patronise me with your nice fella playing in the conference nonsense. I knock your.1972 out of the park too. And you won't catch up now you've jacked in.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We have been very well funded by the premiership and Sky sports.

Very true, but I suspect Googlebot was making a more general point about the constant upward spiral of funding from increasingly richer 'investors' since the inception of the Premier League & how the game has been and continues to be impacted, as opposed to looking at it purely from a yellow and green perspective. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

If our club is worth more than it was in 1998 that is testament to the owners.

I doubt you've invested more than them. Remember if you're talking about the worth of our club then that's our worth. What they did do though was convert loans into shares, not as an investment but to avoid the loans being paid back.

Tickets? Well you won't win that one as they blow your 1972 out of the park.

Like I have always said - we don't have to be grateful as they.chose to do it, but being ungrateful is the thin end of the wedge.

Oh and don't patronise me with your nice fella playing in the conference nonsense. I knock your.1972 out of the park too. And you won't catch up now you've jacked in.

Oh dear.. all very my Dad's better than your Dad... you seem a bit upset so I will let you be.

😂

18 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ps have our owners been paid back for what they bought the club..simply yes or no will do. X

I'll ignore the first post being as you didn't mean it anyway..

No 

Although I bet you won't want a simple no. If you like I'll explain it or better still you look it up for yourself.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll ignore the first post being as you didn't mean it anyway..

No 

Although I bet you won't want a simple no. If you like I'll explain it or better still you look it up for yourself.

I thought they had..  I will look it up when I can be bothered. Have a good night.

8 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I disagree with that opening part. Smith took Villa from 18th in the championship to top half prem and then lost his job after 1 bad run because the owner had a hard on for a certain mr Stevie G who has come in and not really improved things that much. I want to see what Smith can do next season before giving up on him.

in terms of who is to blame for where this club is, Smith is way down the list.

Your first paragraph is spot on.

In terms of................ Smith is way way way down the list. Again you are spot on.

For me there is a clear name to blame for this torture this season. A being that if it was possible he would kiss his own a*se over and over again. The mistakes are all down to him. He should walk 🚶‍♂️ sooner rather than later. Ego buster. Fraud.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

Have to remember the TalkNorwichCity lads likely come out with very polarising opinions to generate clicks and engagement, they seem like two decent lads but would agree they are more like slick presenters than knowledgable football supporters

I think they could have been far more polarising and click bait than they were tbh. They’re much better than the likes of AFTV for example.

Eventually, reluctantly deciding Farke needed to go doesn’t make them click bait merchants, thought their opinions were reasonable and nuanced about it all.

They’re sometimes quite jestful about stuff like Chris appearing on SSN when we thought Lampard was gonna be announced but it was obvious he was being like that and you can’t take that sort of stuff too seriously.

not like they’re sat in their armchairs never going to games either so it’s a bit harsh to say they don’t know what they’re talking about. It’s been hard work to stay positive about much this season for them in fairness!

7 hours ago, 1902 said:

Tbh, I'm in two minds. I don't dislike the ownership, I don't dislike the idea behind the model that they tried out, I don't feel that we should be sold to many of the terrible investors out there. However it's a reality that we have been relegated multiple times because we don't seem to be able to compete on what we can pay.

Half of me feels that the club needs to move on to become competitive, the other half felt a bit dead when Newcastle got bought out mid season by a distinctly unappealing regime and the whole world pretended that they couldn't possibly have known that Abromovitch had dodgy connections before this year.

There's not a lot of sporting integrity, let alone moral integrity in a club in a relegation fight being able to attract a massive authoritatian state funded buyer to try to bail them out mid way through a season.

All in all, I'm not sure I want to participate in the current circus and I'm not sure a buyout and competing in this farce would actually bring me the joy in victory I felt when I first went to Carrow Road.

Im always going to love Norwich City, but English football in general feels more hollowed out than ever before. My dad stopped watching about 10 years ago for this reason, I have probably never been closer to following him than after this season.

Absolutely spot on! I’m sure I’ll get laughed out of town by some mates when i pitch up next season at my local league 2 club but I don’t really care. All feels a bit pointless watching Norwich flail about in this pay to win league.

We’ve put 2 of the most non-competitive, pathetic premier league campaigns in a row - of course a lot of fans are sick of it and of course they want change! How is that surprising to anyone, or deemed particularly harsh?

Any poster who thinks our fans are overreacting on the whole need to consider looking at ANY other club’s social media, I don’t think many clubs in the PL have had to put up with worse than us - but I regularly see a massive overreaction.

Anyone remember that Wolves match thread that got shared after we beat them 1-0 away in the cup and the most popular posts were slating the ownership for this disgraceful game, the lack of transfers, the rubbish manager etc etc - it was one ducking game and they were sitting like 6th in the PL 😆?! Embarrassing. 

And more recently what about Newcastle fans’ reaction to the Spurs result too? Outrageous given the form they’ve been in. 

Give any of those fans (and any others) what we’ve been served up this year and they’d be total toxicity in the stands, protesting and probably riots….

I’ve said it before, we have one of the most patient and loyal fan bases in the country. No question. **** off trying to make out anything else based on a few mongs on social media - yes of course we have some idiots but it doesn’t take long to realise it is one of the smallest sections of idiots going!

Of all the things to blame this season, I’d actually say our loyal support has been one of the only positives. How the **** did so many go to Brighton away and try to get behind the absolute **** of a performance I will never understand. 

• Like 2

On 04/04/2022 at 03:25, Rhino1 said:

Plastered all over the various fan websites, social media accounts this weekend, have been idiotic calls for Smith to go, Delia to go etc etc. Quite frankly any city fan associated with such immature, knee jerk, playground name calling, are immature, brainless idiots. The same group that rounded on Farke, because of their lack of any intellect to see the real problem, a gamble on too many unknown, untried transfers, and the loss of key players that made us tick, Emi, Skipp and Cantwell ( who started to believe his own hype and has become a village player, who has blown a promising career because of a dreadful attitude). I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, through the ups and downs, but I can’t remember a period, where we had such a large proportion of shallow, good time Charlies in our supporter base, hyped and rabble roused by idiots such as the lads at TalkNorwichCity - so called Norwich fans. I just hope the true supporter, the silent majority - remain undeterred in their support of a club, that has given me many enjoyable moments in life. Letting the immature idiots move on to put their emotional energies into something else their brains can cope with, such as computer games! My only hope is that, at least some, of the brainless worms are IPs- - it fans on the wind up, because otherwise I am ashamed of this largest contingent of Norwich fans.!!! 

Blame the modern 'gimme gimme' generation who aren't conditioned to accept failure and defeat with grace at an early age. Try looking closer to home if you want to moan about attitudes because that's where the problem lies.

Back in the day a good boo and a torrent of flying cushions sent the message to both players and owners... now the snowflakes blub online thanks to a lack of emotional maturity.

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

As a club we invested no less than Brentford who people are looking at with envy. They just got it right.

Supporting a football club doesn't really make sense if you look at it logically and all relegations make the fan base pretty miserable. This pretty much applies to all football clubs. Where the OP has a point is where fans diverge from reality when looking for scapegoats for a poor season. In football successful seasons tend to be the exception rather the rule for any but the big clubs, particularly when the advantages weigh so heavily in favour of the big wealthy clubs. It is not realistic to expect that the fundamentals of football economics can be denied by NCFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We’ve put 2 of the most non-competitive, pathetic premier league campaigns in a row - of course a lot of fans are sick of it and of course they want change! How is that surprising to anyone, or deemed particularly harsh?

Any poster who thinks our fans are overreacting on the whole need to consider looking at ANY other club’s social media, I don’t think many clubs in the PL have had to put up with worse than us - but I regularly see a massive overreaction.

Anyone remember that Wolves match thread that got shared after we beat them 1-0 away in the cup and the most popular posts were slating the ownership for this disgraceful game, the lack of transfers, the rubbish manager etc etc - it was one ducking game and they were sitting like 6th in the PL 😆?! Embarrassing. 

And more recently what about Newcastle fans’ reaction to the Spurs result too? Outrageous given the form they’ve been in. 

Give any of those fans (and any others) what we’ve been served up this year and they’d be total toxicity in the stands, protesting and probably riots….

I’ve said it before, we have one of the most patient and loyal fan bases in the country. No question. **** off trying to make out anything else based on a few mongs on social media - yes of course we have some idiots but it doesn’t take long to realise it is one of the smallest sections of idiots going!

Of all the things to blame this season, I’d actually say our loyal support has been one of the only positives. How the **** did so many go to Brighton away and try to get behind the absolute **** of a performance I will never understand. 

Yeah the kind of post by the OP always amazes me. The Norwich fan base is one of the most patient and tolerant out there. There is no way fans at Leeds or Wolves would have reacted with the level of support we did after losing 10 straight to finish the last season in the Premier League. There is no way fans of those clubs wouldn't be booing their teams out of the ground and chanting for owners/DoF's/managers to go week in week out. 

• Like 1

It does amaze me that we have this debate every year, regardless of promotion, relegation or treading water!

The bottom line is it’s an entertainment service, if it makes you question why you’re spending so much money and time doing something which is not bringing you the pleasure it once did, then why continue? After nearly 40 years of attending and holding a season ticket for a majority of that time I came to that conclusion five seasons ago and I’m a lot happier for it!

I no longer give a hoot who the owners are, how they run the club, I have debates on here regarding aspects of the season and ask the question if we’ve moved back to becoming a comfortable club with no pressure from top to bottom, if the owners at 80 are actually motivated and interested enough to be the owners, maybe they should hand it to Tom a younger guy who with his years on the board might have new dynamic ideas when he’s let lose! 
But like I said why keep paying a shed load of money and time into something you don’t get pleasure from?

15 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If our club is worth more than it was in 1998 that is testament to the owner

Up to a point you are right but it is also testament to the heaps of TV money which, perhaps rightly, you loathe.

• Like 1

Plastered all over the various fan websites, social media accounts this weekend, have been idiotic calls for Smith to go, Delia to go etc etc. Quite frankly any city fan associated with such immature, knee jerk, playground name calling, are immature, brainless idiots. The same group that rounded on Farke, because of their lack of any intellect to see the real problem, a gamble on too many unknown, untried transfers, and the loss of key players that made us tick, Emi, Skipp and Cantwell ( who started to believe his own hype and has become a village player, who has blown a promising career because of a dreadful attitude). I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, through the ups and downs, but I can’t remember a period, where we had such a large proportion of shallow, good time Charlies in our supporter base, hyped and rabble roused by idiots such as the lads at TalkNorwichCity - so called Norwich fans. I just hope the true supporter, the silent majority - remain undeterred in their support of a club, that has given me many enjoyable moments in life. Letting the immature idiots move on to put their emotional energies into something else their brains can cope with, such as computer games! My only hope is that, at least some, of the brainless worms are IPs- - it fans on the wind up, because otherwise I am ashamed of this largest contingent of Norwich fans.!!! 

Wow, seems you are the only true Norwich fan. Congratulations.

Must be lonely being the only one?

You clearly have no idea how business works and NCFC is a business.

When significant mistakes and failures are made, those have to be held accountable.

Dean Smith should be spared because he had been given no budget and therefore cannot assemble he own squad, so I view criticism for him as unfair. 

Stuart Webber is Sporting Director and has made a complete balls of it. So therefore criticism is warranted there. 

The Majority Shareholders lack of desire and interest of the club becoming a more permanent fixture should also be held to account. Webber could argue that he has not been given a decent budget to do the job, although realistically he doesn't deserve it and would be sacked by any other club based on this season alone. 

Don't blame TalkNorwichCity - the club has to get its own house in order. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Up to a point you are right but it is also testament to the heaps of TV money which, perhaps rightly, you loathe.

You won't catch me out with this nonsense Essex. It's testament to getting the TV money through sporting achievement. When we were relegated to League One in 2009 we didn't go to hell in.a handcart as was widely predicted on here. Through sporting achievement we went straight to the PL. Or did they give us TV money to achieve it?

But you're right about one thing. I don't like it because it does away with sporting achievement and fosters greed and entitlement. But rather than worry about me, if I was you I'd be more concerned about continually funding those clubs at the top of the greed chain.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You won't catch me out with this nonsense Essex. It's testament to getting the TV money through sporting achievement. When we were relegated to League One in 2009 we didn't go to hell in.a handcart as was widely predicted on here. Through sporting achievement we went straight to the PL. Or did they give us TV money to achieve it?

But you're right about one thing. I don't like it because it does away with sporting achievement and fosters greed and entitlement. But rather than worry about me, if I was you I'd be more concerned about continually funding those clubs at the top of the greed chain.

Instead of "clubs" I would replace with "players" Double N.

We cannot blame the media. Football is the one sport they all want to provide. And the media, with more competition via the internet, have been willing to negotiate massive contracts. And I assume the media companies still make a profit out of it themselves.

But the players have dominated the negotiations with their respective clubs because of the need to achieve success on behalf of who? The Fans. The top clubs supporters demand success at any cost then bellyache when they don't achieve it. And we, having tasted success to a degree, for the last 50 years, would love the Canaries to be successful to a degree in the EPL.

But the relative success we have achieved becomes a poison chalice to supporters who have known nothing else whereas many of us remember the blanket going around Carrow Road and cheques from the Supporters Club.

Bit I would wager the Board, if asked what they would prefer would not just be the self financing model but one where others pay for our position. WE only agree to the self financing model because there is no alternative.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

It does amaze me that we have this debate every year, regardless of promotion, relegation or treading water!

The bottom line is it’s an entertainment service, if it makes you question why you’re spending so much money and time doing something which is not bringing you the pleasure it once did, then why continue? After nearly 40 years of attending and holding a season ticket for a majority of that time I came to that conclusion five seasons ago and I’m a lot happier for it!

I no longer give a hoot who the owners are, how they run the club, I have debates on here regarding aspects of the season and ask the question if we’ve moved back to becoming a comfortable club with no pressure from top to bottom, if the owners at 80 are actually motivated and interested enough to be the owners, maybe they should hand it to Tom a younger guy who with his years on the board might have new dynamic ideas when he’s let lose! 
But like I said why keep paying a shed load of money and time into something you don’t get pleasure from?

But it isn't quite like that, Indy, is it? If you get bored with what is on at the theatre or the local disco then you stop going, because you don't have the kind of emotional attachment to those venues that you have to a football club, which is on top of the entertainment value - or lack of it - of a particular game or season.

40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Finishing 21st in the rankings in 2019 with £34 million turnover is an achievement albeit we spent double that amount. This year we are likely to finish 20th in the rankings with £130 million turnover with effectively a reward for past achievement and TV receipts that exceed gate receipts at least 6 fold.

Despite this our Club still seeks to squeeze every penny possible from the fans in a vain attempt to chase the teams above us who are in turn seeking in vain to chase the top 6 big city clubs. The latter ought to be doing more to maintain competition more evenly throughout the country and the grassroots. It is greed. Why then aren't clubs like us openly supporting the Crouch Report?