Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Final nail in the coffin ?

50 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The guy I quoted said it was “the most embarrassing season in the club’s HISTORY”. 

Take your Ipswich nonsense up with him. 

Maybe Alex's NCFC history doesn't go back as far as yours? 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think he's far off to be honest. 

Can't speak for the entire history of the club but personally I've found this season more embarrassing than our relegation to League One. Sure that team was worse but in the context that we've been whipping boys for the second premier league season in a row and become a national joke, this one has been right up there.

I agree, at least after being relegated to league 1 we knew where the club had to get to, there was a clear objective which everyone bought in to / wanted.

For this relegation I’m genuinely not even sure what the club is building towards now - nor do I feel engaged to see things play out. That’s the worst thing!

The embarrassment of playing so poorly in the PL (again) is also strong. At least in the championship no one really saw how **** we were on a global level. Last time we got plaudits for our football, our recruitment, our model etc etc - up to the lockdown at least we’d won many of the neutrals over, albeit things fell apart after then.

But this time there is nothing of the sort to cling to for any kind of positivity or comfort, and with the club’s standing and long term goals also under scrutiny, it’s real hard work to get excited for anything.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Can't speak for the entire history of the club but personally I've found this season more embarrassing than our relegation to League One. Sure that team was worse but in the context that we've been whipping boys for the second premier league season in a row and become a national joke, this one has been right up there.

When even Lakey acknowledges we are down with 9 games still to go, you know that this has been an annus horribilis.

These guys are being lined up for the next home game:

Coffin GIFs | Tenor

OTBC

• Haha 1

We could go on a 5 game winning streak and get out of it 

We won't. But we could.

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

For this relegation I’m genuinely not even sure what the club is building towards now - nor do I feel engaged to see things play out. That’s the worst thing!

I hear ya. Apathy. That's where I'm at right now. This season is dead and needs to end as soon as possible.

Can we not just forfeit all the remaining games and instead put on a 90 minute circus performance at Carrow Road on the days we would have played? Would we notice any difference if they did?

Josh Sargent as the clown? Tzolis as the amazing invisible man? Kenny as the ringmaster? Pukki reindeer taming? Delia as the bearded lady?

OTBC

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We could go on a 5 game winning streak and get out of it 

We won't. But we could.

Putin could grow a conscience and execute himself on state television.

He won't. But he could.

OTBC

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

In terms of embarrassment its whether we mean for us or the general public.

For us, it has to be one of the worst in our history. We obviously can't talk about the tirties but I remember the financial problems we faced in the fifties. But I think the team and club had a bit of gumption. The dark days of the late 90s were probably compensated by the actual knowledge that we were relying on a team full of local products. And the Grant/Roeder days saw some really poor football but with poor footballers to be honest.

But this particularly and the previous EPL season have been absolutely dire and the only benefit  from 67 games that seems to be available is that we beat ManC. However less of a squad we have than other clubs, our feeble attempts during so many games is proof that there is something radically wrong in our scouting system.

And we do not have one leader in that squad. Hanley, big as he is should be giving grief to any player not pulling his weight. To think that the only player who looks like he would lay down his life for us is a loan player in Williams. If he's available, buy him and make him Captain.

Where are the Holts who apart from his effort and leadership had a bit of evil in him and let the opposition know they might be technically better but were going to have to fight to beat us. And if a decision goes against us, as much as it annoys me when players do it, do we ever give the referee grief? No, we form an orderly queue to speak politely to him.

Our off the field image has been transferred to on the field. And that doesn't have to be. We can do both.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

We were relegated in October.

We absolutely deserve to be where we are. Could you ever see us coming back from 2-0 down away from home and winning a vital game? We are absolutely toothless, spineless, the whole lot.

The most embarrassing season in the club's history.

That’s always been my one criticism of the Farke era.  We never recruited warrior type players, the kind of players that thrive in a siege mentality, that love nothing more than a backs to the wall situation. We’ve a squad with absolutely zero fight in them, same as last time in the prem.

Many of them are good players when the going is good but crumble as soon as it gets tough. Some players get better in that situation - we have none of those in this squad. You can’t have a team full of them or you’d end up needing Tony pulis as your manager but a sprinkling in key positions throughout the squad is so important. 

8 hours ago, percy varco said:

We do not have the fight in us. Now if skipping and pointing got points we would be in Europe. 

This season has been a capitulation of the worst kind. Never shown desire just little ol Norwich, happy to be in the big boys league. 

Big rebuild needed next season, get back to bringing youth through and hopefully not promoted for at least 3 years so that the pain of this season’s no show can fade. 

We are stuck with the Delia family dynasty so best crack on with our delt hand  

I do not want us to bounce straight back  

Dean Smith can go as he is not and was never a solution  

I agree with most......we have the hand dealt, let's get on with it. A lot of clubs and supporters would trade with us in a heartbeat let's not forget that.  As for not bouncing back, I'm unsure if it would hurt or not. If (and it's a massive if) smith does turn these(and his boys in windows) into actual players,  it's there rite to be promoted. We as supporters need to get behind them no matter what. Yes, absolutely agree a dismal season is petering out. Is Smith the rite man? Was unsure then, still unsure now. But......who's out there that as a fan base we would be happy with DF isn't an option lol

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Putin could grow a conscience and execute himself on state television.

He won't. But he could.

OTBC

VAR will review it and he'll be alive.

• Haha 1

Club has been a national embarrassment ever since Delia and MWJ took over. Oh for the heady days of Chase when we were actually competitive in the top flight and even Europe. 

All the best. Big Keith S.

14 hours ago, Mengo said:

C'mon cc , he's out celebrating 🍾 his wife's promotion and all that extra money flowing into the household. Busy man just now counting all that money Norwich 💰 pay them. 

I hope you realise directors are not paid a salary so no extra money coming into the household .

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope you realise directors are not paid a salary so no extra money coming into the household .

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

🙃I'm sure there is ways and means of a financial benefit to the Webber household. 😂

More Than One Way To Skin A Cat.

Edited by Mengo

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Expenses?.....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Expenses?.....

Can you claim expenses when you travel by private jet ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Can you claim expenses when you travel by private jet ?

Speaking in plane english there are rudder ways and means to wing it....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Speaking in plane english there are rudder ways and means to wing it....

Zoe has been propelled to an elevated position that is for sure.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Bit of a flap concerning her appointment....

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

But her new found roll should propeller onto better things.... 

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

That's RIVETING news. Onwards and upwards.

21 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Depends if her old man runways.

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Depends if her old man runways.

As long as nobody's WINGING it.

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

In terms of embarrassment its whether we mean for us or the general public.

For us, it has to be one of the worst in our history. We obviously can't talk about the tirties but I remember the financial problems we faced in the fifties. But I think the team and club had a bit of gumption. The dark days of the late 90s were probably compensated by the actual knowledge that we were relying on a team full of local products. And the Grant/Roeder days saw some really poor football but with poor footballers to be honest.

But this particularly and the previous EPL season have been absolutely dire and the only benefit  from 67 games that seems to be available is that we beat ManC. However less of a squad we have than other clubs, our feeble attempts during so many games is proof that there is something radically wrong in our scouting system.

And we do not have one leader in that squad. Hanley, big as he is should be giving grief to any player not pulling his weight. To think that the only player who looks like he would lay down his life for us is a loan player in Williams. If he's available, buy him and make him Captain.

Where are the Holts who apart from his effort and leadership had a bit of evil in him and let the opposition know they might be technically better but were going to have to fight to beat us. And if a decision goes against us, as much as it annoys me when players do it, do we ever give the referee grief? No, we form an orderly queue to speak politely to him.

Our off the field image has been transferred to on the field. And that doesn't have to be. We can do both.

We don't always agree Keelan but you have written a top class post. On effort alone, BW should be an absolute shoe in for POTS.

No-one else comes remotely near him on that basis. 

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

She brings quite a bit of baggage to her new posting though.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sure to cause turbulence up in the boardroom alright. Can she navigate her way through it?

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What about us coffin dodgers? No nails to be seen...

Not many  nails in modern coffins, Nuttyo. Sustainable wicker  is  very popular nowadays.  You can probably  buy them in Norfolk grown willow too.

Edited by wcorkcanary