Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

We don't need a stadium expansion then...

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Its relatively easy to get a single ticket if you don't mind where you're sitting.

Most people like to go to football with mates and they're the casuals we miss out on with our ground size. Midlands says its very easy but likely because he's attending on his own. 

Its been near impossible for some of my mates without season tickets to get 3 or 4 near each other.

Yes all valid points, the whole thread was tongue in cheek really (although I was surprised, and it is a significant number empty seats for that point in the game!).

Despite the thread title, I do think a stadium expansion to say 32000ish is necessary - we need to free up capacity to attract the next generation of fans, like we did under Peter Cullum. Wouldn't go above 35,000 though, I'd hate to see thousands of empty seats as standard. 

Build the extra seats, then worry about how we'll fill them.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Empty seats have been noticable since covid, not just at FCR either, seen it around quite a few grounds.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes all valid points, the whole thread was tongue in cheek really (although I was surprised, and it is a significant number empty seats for that point in the game!).

Despite the thread title, I do think a stadium expansion to say 32000 is necessary - we need to free up capacity to attract the next generation of fans, like we did under Peter Cullum. 

Yeah the City Stand has clearly had some older ones not go due to Covid presumably - the club could put more work into contacting and releasing them tickets if you ask me, but there we go.

I agree, the clubs been kicking its heels with expansion but there's never going to be a perfect time. Just get it done (although we've missed the f*cking boat on low interest rates seemingly)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Empty seats have been noticable since covid, not just at FCR either, seen it around quite a few grounds.

I hope this is mainly people being cautious, with people being 6 feet under a secondary cause, the area of the ground shown in my photo is of course the bit with the highest average age! 

Well from my seat in the City Stand tonight there were quite a considerable amount of vacant pews around me, empty rows of 4 seats plus, so families or people wanting to sit together with their chums had an opportunity tonight .....Looking over at the Chelsea end in the South Stand it was vociferous, rammed and full.....A rearranged fixture with a 7.30pm kick-off certainly didn't deter them, they travelled up from the smoke in numbers regardless. Those justified sanctions at their club and punishment of their Oligarch Owner I would have thought would have been an obvious excuse for a low away fan attendance.....but there wasn't.....

I don't actually recall the club announcing tonight's home attendance either?.....

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Dunno, I think its something called supporting your team, its a new concept I think.

It’s one that’s sadly lost on many.  I couldn’t get to the game as I live/work in Surrey and was simply too busy at work.

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well from my seat in the City Stand tonight there were quite a considerable amount of vacant pews around me, empty rows of 4 seats plus, so families or people wanting to sit together with their chums had an opportunity tonight .....Looking over at the Chelsea end in the South Stand it was vociferous, rammed and full.....A rearranged fixture with a 7.30pm kick-off certainly didn't deter them, they travelled up from the smoke in numbers regardless. Those justified sanctions at their club and punishment of their Oligarch Owner I would have thought would have been an obvious excuse for a low away fan attendance.....but there wasn't.....

I don't actually recall the club announcing tonight's home attendance either?.....

Remember that Chelsea have been banned from selling any casual tickets for home games for the rest of the season, so away games the only chance some of them will have to see them this season, if they had anything sold out this morning it would have been snapped up for this reason.

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Remember that Chelsea have been banned from selling any casual tickets for home games for the rest of the season, so away games the only chance some of them will have to see them this season, if they had anything sold out this morning it would have been snapped up for this reason.

.....They still turned up in numbers (maybe a few were Yarmuff Blooz?) 

I'm surprised the stadium was as full as it was. A bit more spirit from the City fans 2nd half, but take away the Russian/Abramovich chants the atmosphere was lacking, especially first half.

Mass exodous from many when the 3rd goal went in.

Easy to criticise Norwich fans when you don't show your face all season and leave ST holders to pick up the tab.

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

When my wife let me, I live almost 200 miles away.

I'm a frequent away fan, have been that way for many years. 

What's the relevance please, when we are apparently discussing seats which are bought and paid for by season ticket holders? These people are opting to not use a ticket that they have already paid for.

You definitely have a posting style, with all the pent up anger and agression, that suggests you’re well and truly under the thumb. Glad wifey let you out of your cage for a couple of hours lad 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mastoola said:

One game without a full stadium   Most games u cant get a seat

I've been able to get a ticket for every home game this season. 

3 minutes ago, City fan said:

I've been able to get a ticket for every home game this season. 

Same. The best time to get a ticket is actually on match-day itself. Plenty of options to choose from for every single game this season. Ironically, as they are the smallest team, Brentford was the hardest game to get a ticket for. 

Mind you at £40+ for most casual tickets this year for Adults, it's no great surprise. 

• Like 1

I don't actually recall the club announcing last night's home attendance either?.....

Now if the club were to install armchairs in certain areas of the ground?....Maybe a few comfy settees for folk to sit next to family members or their chums?.....Give Carra that 'watch from home' experience.....Club's deffo missin' a trick here......

That might be it for me now. I don't have a ST and have been paying min £43 every home game. We had a great half hour last night, but these high spots where the team works with genuine spirit are few and far between now. 

So I'll spend my money on something else for now. 

One good reason why the Club didn't like the fixture change is that it challenged the £48 charge and ticket buy back system to the limit.

Why not show more generosity to the fans who are faced with the Premier League fixture madness? The Club are right not to like it but don't have any excuses for not showing an appropriate reaction in fans favour.

By the same token if Chelsea are barred from selling tickets they should issue them free. 

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

1485328740_CityStand.JPG.18b2bd2a4c34583aefd47127f6212369.JPG

Its a similar situation behind the goal in the Riverend lower too. 

Only the same empty seats that have been empty all season near where I sit in River end. The guy who sits next to me and has done for years hasn't been there all season, got on really well with him but don't know his name, which seems weird - a unique kind of acquaintance. I hope he's just avoiding the stadium than Covid having had a more sinister impact, I might never know. Same with the older (60s) who sit behind me usually - not been there all season. The city stand had a lot more empty seats than elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

You definitely have a posting style, with all the pent up anger and agression, that suggests you’re well and truly under the thumb. Glad wifey let you out of your cage for a couple of hours lad 🤣

Yeah that happened after having kids, a trip to Carrow Road is a weekend with her left dealing with the kids on her own. 

I'll escape a bit more when the oldest is big enough to come with me on a long train journey, I'll get them following Norwich and she can't argue with the kid wanting to go to Carrow Road can she 🤣

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Despite the thread title, I do think a stadium expansion to say 32000ish is necessary - we need to free up capacity to attract the next generation of fans, like we did under Peter Cullum. Wouldn't go above 35,000 though, I'd hate to see thousands of empty seats as standard. 

That's a novel take on Cullumgate. I think you mean the excellent marketing supremo we had with a similarish name I cannot just now remember who was poached for a top job at MK Dons.🤓

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's a novel take on Cullumgate. I think you mean the excellent marketing supremo we had with a similarish name I cannot just now remember who was poached for a top job at MK Dons.🤓

Andy Cullen who was recently appointed CEO of Portsmouth. Light years ahead of any administrator we have had since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A few years ago I was told that the City Stand has no casual tickets, season ticket only, so unless this has since changed it will be season ticket holders who have decided not to attend. 

Well you were told wrong as i have sat in it for many years and there have been numerous casuals at every game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Andy Cullen who was recently appointed CEO of Portsmouth. Light years ahead of any administrator we have had since.

Thanks. It was annoying not to remember.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the retirees stand though, surely a bovril and blanket would sort them out? 

Tongue in cheek obviously ?

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Those same seats are empty every game since Covid, but those tickets are never available to buy, not sure why the old duffers don't sell them back. 

They would only sell if people were scrabbling for tickets due to a sell out crowd which we haven't had bar a handful of games this season. Your comment about the same seats being empty is well wide of the mark Ken.

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

They didn't nor did they last Saturday v Brentford.

Edited by TIL 1010

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Those same seats are empty every game since Covid, but those tickets are never available to buy, not sure why the old duffers don't sell them back. 

Because the “””old duffers”””  don’t need the peanuts the club offers

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Hahaha, Andrew something wasn't it? 

With such a short notice change it wasn't possible to make it last night, although to be honest midweek games are just not feasible full stop really with a young family and living 3 hours from Norwich.  Originally our tickets were going to be taken by family, but due to illness they couldn't make it.  Put the tickets on Buyback on Wednesday, but can't imagine that they sold.