Jersey Canary

Everton in the 💩

I see Everton are in ‘discussions’ with the PL about their £230m rolling losses when their allowance is something like £105m plus COVID losses. 

I wonder if this has come to light now Uzmanov’s money has been sanctioned?

Let’s hope they get caught out and have a significant points deduction and it might give us a better chance of staying up or going back up next year. 

You honestly think this will be sorted in the next few weeks or even next season ? Just remember how long it took to catch up with the financial antics of Derby County.

Edited by TIL 1010

As funny as the Everton situation is, can’t see a situation them being relegated with us is good for us, they’ll be nailed on to return,

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

As funny as the Everton situation is, can’t see a situation them being relegated with us is good for us, they’ll be nailed on to return,

Agreed, if they get relegated (they won't), they'd be straight back up and make our life more difficult in the Championship. Certainly won't help us stay up this season, we'd still need to be better than two other teams and that just doesn't look very likely

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do we really want to play Everton in the championship next season though..?

Definately. Fire sale of players, copious amounts of debt. I see another Sunderland brewing if they go down.

FFP is really starting to bite - only the very large clubs who are continuously successful can keep spending big money. Villa will be one of the next ones to be hamstrung unless they realise some cash in player sales.

11 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Definately. Fire sale of players, copious amounts of debt. I see another Sunderland brewing if they go down.

Wonder if we can get Godfrey back and play him in the midfield at last?😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

putting selfish reasons aside whether Everton are relegated of not.  Hope FFP starts to work as it should and we have serious results.  Would like to see NCFC looking at a FFP dilemma, which is not going to happen on our current financing model.

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

FFP is really starting to bite - only the very large clubs who are continuously successful can keep spending big money. Villa will be one of the next ones to be hamstrung unless they realise some cash in player sales.

They have already received £100m for Grealish which strikes me as fantatsic business for Villa seeing how he has played this season.

Just to play a little bit of devils advocate but if all the over spending of clubs like Everton are slowly starting to catch up with them, isn’t the correct way forward as a club to live within your means?

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

They have already received £100m for Grealish which strikes me as fantatsic business for Villa seeing how he has played this season.

Well you see there is no doubt Grealish is a good and talented player.. It's just that when you join a club like Man City you go from being a player lookiing like a superstar amongst average players at Villa to looking like an average player amongst superstars at City.

I have waited since 1985 for Everton to be relegated and have long promised my family a big celebration when it happens.

But unless we perform a miracle, I hope it's next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

I have waited since 1985 for Everton to be relegated and have long promised my family a big celebration when it happens.

But unless we perform a miracle, I hope it's next year.

Still got love for Coventry though Badger? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Still got love for Coventry though Badger? 

They have suffered enough now for their financial mismanagement, I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

They'd be utterly screwed, not one of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts. Everton coming down with us would be a million times better than say Burnley or Leeds. 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They'd be utterly screwed, not one of their players have relegation clauses in their contracts. Everton coming down with us would be a million times better than say Burnley or Leeds. 

I agree, now they'd have to have a firesale to clear out the stars. Then its massive rebuilding and nothing to say they'd be strong in EFL

The problem here  will be accounting for Covid losses.  As Tilly says, it will take years before that gets agreed; boy those lawyer and accountants fees. £££££

5 hours ago, Big O said:

Just to play a little bit of devils advocate but if all the over spending of clubs like Everton are slowly starting to catch up with them, isn’t the correct way forward as a club to live within your means?

Are the financial walls of this much-loved sport/business going to come crumbling down over the next few years? 🤔

Perhaps some time in the not too distant future on a forum such as this, Delia & MWJ will be hailed as soothsayers and geniuses? 🔮

No way will the PL let Everton get relegated by way of a points deduction. 
watch mutch dragging of heals until Ukraine situation comes to a conclusion and Boris lets all the investor Ruskies back into the game when all Everton’s money worries will go. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well you see there is no doubt Grealish is a good and talented player.. It's just that when you join a club like Man City you go from being a player lookiing like a superstar amongst average players at Villa to looking like an average player amongst superstars at City.

I agree, but say this in your head, but replace with the following two names "Norwich" and "Buendia", along with the afore mentioned "Villa". Yep, I've been surprised too. 

To be fair to Emi, in some Villa games he has looked like a £33 million player, not sure Grealish has looked much like a £33 million player this season, let alone a £100 million player.

I can't see it happening, the prem never seem overly keen to punish clubs.

Weren't Bournemouth in a similar situation a few years ago or was that different because the broke efl rules not prem?

Everton being punished may be bad for us short term but who knows, it may start a chain reaction where a few clubs end up punished or close enough to punishment they reconsider their spending going forward

So maybe Everton wld stop us getting promoted but maybe that will be ok because if we go up in 3 or 4 years maybe the financial disparity will be less.

• Like 1