Hucks6

Leeds Manager

They have to do something. It's looking like it's between Leeds and Brentford for that final relegation spot, with Burnley and Newcastle having revived.

Everton could still yet be in trouble, but they have games in hand.

Never got the hype or fascination with Bielsa, yes his Chile side was great to watch that time in the world cup, but what has won? An Argentinian league and the championship once. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ken Hairy

I think unless you're a Leeds fan you've got no idea what Bielsa has done for the club, it's easy looking in from the outside and thinking the guy is overrated because of the current league position but he has put some pride back into a club that was just a laughing stock to everyone else. If he does get the push and relegation follows then the owners will get the blame as they took a gamble on not strengthening the squad in the summer nor in January, Bielsa never complained and has always took the flak himself for the poor results but the fault lies elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

Leeds

Watford

Us

That’s the bottom three at this rate and it hurts mentioning us in there.

Brentford have 1 point in their last 8 games though? 

7 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I think unless you're a Leeds fan you've got no idea what Bielsa has done for the club, it's easy looking in from the outside and thinking the guy is overrated because of the current league position but he has put some pride back into a club that was just a laughing stock to everyone else. If he does get the push and relegation follows then the owners will get the blame as they took a gamble on not strengthening the squad in the summer nor in January, Bielsa never complained and has always took the flak himself for the poor results but the fault lies elsewhere. 

I don't think he's overrated because of your current position, I think he's overrated because he's got literally 1 tactic, yes it's fun to watch when it works and has never won anything of note or ever been considered for a big club side. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Brentford have 1 point in their last 8 games though? 

One from Brentford and Leeds, but Eriksen has yet to play a full 90 mins for them and he might single-handedly turn them around.

If they go down, this will be the first time since 1998 the three that went up, came back down again.

Just now, DraytonBoy said:

That's it isn't and same with Farke that a good manager is lauded rightly getting a team into the Premier, but the crushing reality of that league means you eventually will lose and if you get close to the relegation zone the manager is sacked. Doesn't matter how good he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

One from Brentford and Leeds, but Eriksen has yet to play a full 90 mins for them and he might single-handedly turn them around.

If they go down, this will be the first time since 1998 the three that went up, came back down again.

Leeds will be ok if they get this managerial appointment right, and get the likes of Phillips back for the run in. 

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I don't think he's overrated because of your current position, I think he's overrated because he's got literally 1 tactic, yes it's fun to watch when it works and has never won anything of note or ever been considered for a big club side. 

I find it amusing that Marseille, Lazio and Athletic Bilbao aren't considered 'big sides' and managing Chile and Argentina isn't even mentioned. 

To be fair to Bielsa the injuries Leeds have had this season would test any manager but I do acknowledge that he finds it difficult to alter the way he believes teams should play.   

13 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I find it amusing that Marseille, Lazio and Athletic Bilbao aren't considered 'big sides' and managing Chile and Argentina isn't even mentioned. 

To be fair to Bielsa the injuries Leeds have had this season would test any manager but I do acknowledge that he finds it difficult to alter the way he believes teams should play.   

No they're not, they're OK sized clubs within their own countries, and if you are classing them as big clubs it's surprising this managerial genius achieved nothing more than a couple of cup runners up medals whilst at Bilbao. 

The bloke can't even be arsed to learn the language. 

I did enjoy his Chile side, already said that 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ken Hairy

1 hour ago, Rob Whites said:

He can take his bucket with him. 

Nice to see you post again 😅😅

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

He's like the uber-Farke. Pains me to say it, but the Leeds fans' loyalty to him has been good to see.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Leeds will be ok if they get this managerial appointment right, and get the likes of Phillips back for the run in. 

That’s if they do. They’ve been real classic examples of “second season syndrome” all season.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Think that's asking a lot. Bit like expecting Ben Stokes to win us the Ashes after a summer without playing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

That’s if they do. They’ve been real classic examples of “second season syndrome” all season.

I agree, but I can't see past us, Watford and Brentford, a sad state of affairs for the EFL being honest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sounds familiar. Great to watch when it's working, a disaster when it's not.

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I agree, but I can't see past us, Watford and Brentford, a sad state of affairs for the EFL being honest. 

I think that this is the point. Three very different ownership models - same result. The gap has widened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Aside from promotions, half of the managers in the Premier League have never won anything. 

And I guess it depends what you mean by 'big club', as Marseille, Athletic Bilbao and Lazio are all pretty big.

33 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sadly, I think you may be correct.

Phillips and Bamford back in March will help them. 

Hopefully it will be too little, too late for them! 

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Aside from promotions, half of the managers in the Premier League have never won anything. 

And I guess it depends what you mean by 'big club', as Marseille, Athletic Bilbao and Lazio are all pretty big.

But he's not likened to the likes of Howe, Hassenhutl or other average Premier managers but constantly talked about as if he's a Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Fergie etc. He's not and never has been an elite manager, he's decent and his teams great to watch when it's working, but similar to Farke thinks the real world of football is like a game of FM where plug and play tactics are king.