Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Timmy or angus

Dean Smith has a big decision to make , angus had done ok although he didn't have a good game against lpool. I would bring back Timmy for Tommo night providing fitness is ok , you gotta love Timmy .😁

Only question is whether Tim is fully fit. If he is, he obviously plays. If not, I'd rather give him another week, maybe half the cup game, and get him fully ready for Brentford and the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

There simply is no question. 

Krul. Obviously Krul.

If Gunn gets dropped it is no reflection on his performances as he hasn't let us down 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Harsh on Angus if he is dropped. I prefer his distribution and he made good saves against L'pool. 

His distribution ? Are you serious, this is the very reason Krul will be back in goal, once he is 100% fit which may not be this week.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Harsh on Angus if he is dropped. I prefer his distribution and he made good saves against L'pool. 

It's not harsh on him, he's not as good as Krul, like to see our best side being picked.

• Like 2

I’m glad Angus has definitely put the awful rub of games behind him with the 0-9, 0-3, 0-5, 0-3 (i think), but there’s no debate here. Krul will be straight back in if he’s fully ready - I would be shocked if he wasn’t.

14 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

If Gunn gets dropped it is no reflection on his performances as he hasn't let us down 

Wouldn't it mean his performances haven't been good enough to keep Tim Krul out of the side?

48 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Angus has done nothing wrong but Krul to come back in for me.

Exactly how I see it. He's shown he can do reasonably well, but agree with @Norfolk Mustard on this one, Krul's leadership is going to be what we need over this period.

41 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wouldn't it mean his performances haven't been good enough to keep Tim Krul out of the side?

In a world where Krul and Gunn are complete equals, you would have a valid point.

However, Krul is our number 1 for good reason. 

Gunn has done very well all things (and opponents) considered and has shown to be a great number 2. In time I'm confident he will be our number 1.

It's not about performances at this stage if Krul is fully fit. The only thing going against Gunn right now is that he simply isn't Tim Krul.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not at all, but as some have pointed out Krul is  leader on the pitch

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think you're right to be fair. Although you've kind of negatively phrased it.

If say Rashica got injured and Tzolis came in, played a couple and games and did incredibly well - scoring and assisting goals - then surely he would keep his place for as long as his purple patch continues - even after Rashica's return to fitness? 

Similarly if Gunn had played a couple of blinders then he'd surely keep his place too, so yes from that point of view his performances have not been 'good enough'. But that's not to say he hasn't been good, and its no loss of face that he hasn't played absolutely out of his skin in order to keep the no.1 shirt.

He has shown he is a competent number 2; a good shot stopper with decent handling - still needs to become more of a presence aerially but certainly a big step away from the dark place he would've been for the last couple of seasons and something to build from. 

Very happy to see Gunn take this step but its back to Krul for now 👍