doesnt stop you ! as proven yesterday 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's a reason Leeds fans are known as 'Leeds scum' wordwide

Cheers Geoff! 

• Haha 1

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

This is a cracking game.

Agreed - a good match. 

The wind's really howling up there.....the far corner flag's nearly horizontal in the gusts.

When the rain was torrential did wonder for a moment if they'd have to abandon it but it's eased off now

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Taking the yellow and green specs off if I'm being completely honest every time I watch another team in this league i can't help but think that they have a bit more individual quality than us, particularly up front and in central midfield. We can hold our own if we put in the effort but sadly i just don't think we have the players to outperform other teams in terms of points total over a medium or long term.

Even an average side like Leeds looks like they just have a bit more than us in terms of quality and it's going to be extremely difficult to overhaul them to safety. 

One area that differs greatly though is confidence and how clinical other teams can be. We look like rabbits caught in headlights at times when we get chances, it looks like it just means too much to our players, I've long thought that we could do with a few d1(khe4ds in the team to compliment our team of nice guys to give us a bit more of an edge and confident streak, I don't think the reason for us being so unlucky generally is purely down to quality, it's a mentality thing as well and we appear a bit on the meek side. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 5

I think Leeds & Brentford have already got too much of a lead on us for us to catch them.

3 minutes ago, K Lo said:

I think Leeds & Brentford have already got too much of a lead on us for us to catch them.

If you think that, you have to believe that Newcastle and Everton have as well - they are only one and two points behind Leeds & Brentford respectively. Two wins against Southampton and Brentford would see us back in the hunt, although admittedly that will be tough.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I've long thought that we could do with a few d1(khe4ds in the team to compliment our team of nice guys to give us a bit more of an edge and confident streak

Good post. I liked this bit in particular. If I were Michael Bailey I'd be working on a 4000-word piece for the Athletic entitled "Can a no-d1(khe4d* policy survive in the Premier League?" I think Normann is a d1(khe4d: it's a shame he hasn't played more because he has exactly that attitude you talk about.

* I went with your excellent spelling. Hope that's ok.

Just like City they will stay up or go down based on results against the teams around them and not those in the top 6, when Philips and co are back Leeds will be a different team to play against than they are now.

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

Even though we play Brentford soon and they've played 1 more game than us?

Beat them + win our extra game, and the lead is 1 point. When did they last win a game?

34 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Just like City they will stay up or go down based on results against the teams around them and not those in the top 6, when Philips and co are back Leeds will be a different team to play against than they are now.

Leeds look pretty naff generally this season.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Leeds look pretty naff generally this season.

Naff enough to be six points in front of us with a game in hand not forgetting of course they strolled to victory here earlier this season.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Naff enough to be six points in front of us with a game in hand not forgetting of course they strolled to victory here earlier this season.

Well yeah, we are bottom of the league ffs 😅😅😅

One day Til, one day.

Man United supporters are so original. If it’s not parodies of “This Old Man”, it’s a Joy Division song which I think actually sucks.

So glad they didn’t put it on “Unknown Pleasures” and left it as a separate single, as it would have ruined what is a near perfect album.

As for Leeds, they are classic examples of “Second season syndrome”. I have them down alongside Brentford for a possible three points each, utterly awful, devoid of ideas and their goalkeeper has the second most saves in the league this season with Krul not even in the top 4.

Edited by KernowCanary

24 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Man United supporters are so original. If it’s not parodies of “This Old Man”, it’s a Joy Division song which I think actually sucks.

Hi Kernow, I'm sure we Norwich fans started that song back in League One days when we overcame that 10 point lead they had on us.  I do hate to give credit to ManUre.  Rather like when we sung "We've come for our scarves" to them at OT.  😆