Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton(PL) *****

52 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Burnley do have about 98 games in hand though.

True, but all we can do is try and win the games we have. I said when Smith came in, I can take relegation (after all, we’ve had plenty of practice), but if we do go down, I want to be able to say we went down punching. Didn’t happen after the restart, and it didn’t happen when Farke was here this season (granted he may just have started a turnaround when he was sacked), but when the team is something close to full complement, we might just look like we have the ability to scrape over the line. Being able to put a weak competitor like Everton out is a great test. If we can do it against the bogey team that is Watford, the great escape might be on!

• Like 3

Very pleasing performance not because it was perfect but because of the fight and desire being shown.

Idah suddenly looks a viable premier league option. Sargent played very well. PLM and Sorensen both played well and perhaps benefitted from being part of a two man midfield. Williams great. Rashica very good snd starting to link well with Pukki.

Krul shoulder injury the only real downer. 

Thought we were good today lots of desire and ran out worthy winners. Benitez is dead in the water, a fat Spanish waiter who will be gone soon. 

Have to say it but PLM was superb, that covering challenge when Gianoullis went all flakey probably got us the 3 points.

Unfortunately at a cost though as Max and Krul must be doubtful for Watford.

Lads and laydeeeeees!!!!! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

HOW GOOD DID WE LOOK!

Adam Idah COMES.OF.AGE! It was a truly beautiful thing to watch

The win is nice. The points are nice but the main hot for me is seeing my team play like they give a s41t. They were WARRIORS out there today they put their BODIES ON THE LINE for the club it was so good to see. That’s all I ask. If we win, lose or draw whatever I just want an effort.

That front 4 eh? The RasichaSargentPukkiIdah connection! I think we might have something there!

Can we have some appreciation for this absolute tune as well. The thread theme!

OTBC

Yahoooooooo!!!!  I told you guys we would win this one!! Here is the exact quote from yesterday,

"This team is crap, we don't have a chance against them.  5 scored against us at least"

• Like 1

How good does it feel to have a Saturday night following a positive result instead of the usual defeats?  

Just seen the goals. Idah gets the credit and the glory but that goal was all about Williams. Great interception (without that nothing happens), good drive forward and then perfect pass (both decision/choice made and weighting) to put Idah in.

Idah I thought was a bit lucky not to fluff that, not a great touch but bundled it away despite that. Hopefully it will help his confidence getting off the mark off the back of some starts. Unburdens Pukki a bit too.

Saw we could have had more what with Rashica hitting the post and Idah nearly being gifted a second. Poor touch again from him meant he couldnt profit but not going to be harsh cuz that was a difficult chance to take catching him off guard, needing to turn without any momentum then get it past the keeper

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sounds very much like losing to us is a sackable event, Rafa gone by all accounts. 

Understandable, to be fair.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Harsh. Shots aren't pointless unless you ignore someone in a better position.

Partly that's what I think happened. Theoretically, such 2nd- 3rd wave shots also function as a safety measure inasmuch it's safer to take a shot than losing the ball in an exposed position.  But this is true only as long as they force a difficult save, go wide, or even hit Row-Z, and allow time to rearrange at least.  If they are easily collected, as they were, the keeper can launch swift counter-attacks from them, which Pickford usually did. That's why I think PLM should keep working on these shots, or consider picking a good pass instead, without getting on his back (too much).