Sign in to follow this  
chicken

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton(PL) *****

271844152_6832043196868930_8471846278151083849_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=kWW1ssvHKxMAX8ZFcyL&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-K18B3vc9YXKnL6vCarIHGMPh81c-Qkt_8mVyo9x21Ew&oe=61E7A3A7
Home to Everton, Carrow Road, 3pm Kick-off (GMT)
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICHCITYV CITYV EVERTON Helsinki 17:00 Toronto 10:00 Norwich 15:00 Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 23:00 Pristina 16:00 Abu Dhabi 19:00 Athens 17:00 Rio De Janeiro 12:00 Seoul 00:00 Hong Kong 23:00 Bangkok 22:00 Nairobi 18:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 12:00 Sydney 02:00"

May be an image of 12 people and text that says "Everton STARTINGXI #NOREVE PUKKI IDAH RASHICA SARGENT SORENSEN LEES-MELOU LOTUS C WILLIAMS GIBSON HANLEY AARONS KRUL SUBS DOWELL TZOLIS CANTWELL PLACHETA. GUNN BYRAM KABAK GIANNOULIS. ROWE Premier League"
Videos:

Articles:
As per the norm, we have:
1) Pre match article from the BBC.
2) The Pink'Un presser report.
3) The canaries.co.uk build up article with Dean Smith.

Ins, outs, shake it all abouts:
Norwich; Gilmore (ankle), Omobamidele (back), Rupp (hamstring), Zimmermann (ankle) all remain out injured. Normann has returned to light training and Cantwell has trained the last couple of days and is back in contention. Josh Sargent returns to the squad after being absent for the birth of his first child. Hanley is playing through the pain barrier having injections on his injury.
Everton: Mina, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin have returned to training following injury. Tom Davies is the only confirmed absentee at this point. Patterson and El Ghazi could make debuts with Mykolenko also in contention.

A little bit of knowledge:
Founded in 1878, and in that time since, they have only spent four years outside the top flight of English football. They are one of only a small group of clubs never to have been relegated from the Premier League, the others being Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and their local rivals -  Liverpool. In their long history, they have played their home fixtures at four grounds, no one alive will be able to remember the first three as they moved to Goodison Park in 1892. The other three grounds were Stanley Park (1878-1882), Priory Road (1882-1884) and Anfield Road (1884-1892).

Finally, their nickname is the Toffees or Toffeemen, this originates from there being two toffee shops close to their home ground - Ye Anciente Everton Toffee House and then Old Mother Nobletts Toffee Shop both claim to have been the source of this with the latter being closer to the Goodison Park ground and the former getting permission to lob free toffee into the crowd before games to help make up for lost business when they moved home stadiums. A tradition carried on to today.

Pups for the CSF:
Nutty Nigel has the dependable thread going here, so go join in.

Something Extra:
271859245_6833868293353087_6715022800310223656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=mEDAM41rI58AX_xZOy3&tn=BDu4s723_ygoc5S9&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-fH9INBRSZwG687aJZ1KCD7deMRd4P8oMYMQRmdF-g5A&oe=61E833B8

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not convinced this is the official thread. 4 stars at the start, 5 at the end. Looks like a knock-off to me

• Haha 4

This is shocking compared your West Ham match thread. For shame. You're slipping!

Seriously though look forward to seeing your juciy match threads take shape

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

if we put in the same Performance as we did for most of the West ham game we Might get a Result

For Me Idah has to start after the performance at west ham looked our most dangerous player

if there is any chance of dropping Mclean i would 

Start of the video "Just six points clear of the bottom 3"
That would be a luxury this season !

Sorry for not getting this in super early, best laid plans etc etc etc.

Didn't realise that Sargent was missing due to the birth of his first child, so big Congratulations to him. I hope the experience has been joyous and as smooth as possible for him and his family and he can use that energy to throw at the game like Russ Martin famously did. 

Just now, chicken said:

Sorry for not getting this in super early, best laid plans etc etc etc.

Didn't realise that Sargent was missing due to the birth of his first child, so big Congratulations to him. I hope the experience has been joyous and as smooth as possible for him and his family and he can use that energy to throw at the game like Russ Martin famously did. 

Great -  I feel even older than I did - Sargent looks about 15 and now he's a Dad.

3 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Great -  I feel even older than I did - Sargent looks about 15 and now he's a Dad.

Tell me about it, not had kids yet myself and, well, lets say 21 was closer to the millennium for me, not that close, but closer. 😉

No Mclean. We stand a chance. AT least he won't blaze his shots over the bar to day. C'mon Norwich. Got a good feeling about today! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No wonder Mclean is not starting.. He's defected to Everton! 😉

If only! I’m a little concerned, we’re lacking the wacky arm waving midfielder today, it might be Lees job today!

I suppose Sörensen might wander a bit less than McLean would. And I expect Sargent will hold the ball up better than Placheta. Definitely want to see Idah kick on, he looked like a player who was finding his feet at West Ham. And you'd think Rashica would be happy having a couple of bigger lads to aim at.

Everton not being playing well- looks again they find there form against city, its always seems to work that way, hope we can break that norm today

Just now, baldy09 said:

Everton not being playing well- looks again they find there form against city, its always seems to work that way, hope we can break that norm today

Yeah and they have some of their best players back today. FFS!

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Aways seems to the be case dont it? Team playing poor and getting bad results.. Come on down to Carrow Road, get 3 points and get a winning run started!🙃

Radio Naaarfok saying "this is the kind of game we are expected to get something out of"... sure, more likely to than against a "top six" size. I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Everton are one of the sides we should be seeing as on a level with us, dangerous even. Sure, we should and can believe we can get something from the game... but their history of essentially being a permanent top flight fixture speaks for itself really. 

If the ball is on the left Sargent has to get to that far post for crosses 

he will be up against a Full back so might get some success from deep crosses 

Don't think that back four for Everton looks too great. Coleman's not the player he was since he broke his leg, Mykolenko's new to the league, and Keane may be an aerial powerhouse but isn't a speed merchant in the slightest.