The Great Mass Debater

If Mike Ashley wanted to buy the club?

Cleared Newcastle's debt and then sustained Premier League football, massively under rated owner.

I wasn't a fan of the Wonga sponsorship though, that would worry me. 

Personally I don't think he would be interested in Norwich as the residents are civilised, not enough people wearing Sports Direct clobber, rebranding St. James Park was a huge branding opportunity in the North East which must be one of the biggest markets for low quality sportswear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

no thanks. Just as tight as Delia

I mean, I'm not sure about him either but the being tight bit isn't quite the same. We've done alright in sales to them when he was their owner.

Of note:
2019-20:
Joelinton - £40m
Saint-Maximin - £20m
Krafth - £5m
£65m in one season, net spend: £33.3m.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/newcastle-united/english-football-teams/newcastle-united-transfers

Certainly spent money... how well though... 

I only ask seeing as he has recently become available, and was legendarily unpopular during his time at Newcastle. My understanding is he didnt really bankroll anything, but did clear their debt.

We have no debt I believe so if he were our owner he might be willing to invest more than our current owners.

Whilst not an owner where ethics come into play (I believe) unlike the Saudis, the Newcastle fans hated him.

So what if he wanted to buy the club. Would people prefer that? Or is he not the kind of droid we're looking for?

He’d be bitterly disappointed as Delia will never sell and is determined to rule at any detriment to the club, just so that Delia’s Dolls House can become Tom’s Train Set. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are currently in too good a financial position for him to swoop in, he would only  have a sniff when we were desperate for cash at a knock down price, even then I doubt Smith & Jones would let him through the door

Let’s be honest, Ashley wouldn’t be the guy, would he?

It’s not very ambitious to want him either. He’s had 14 years at Newcastle, suffered two relegations, on target for a third when he finally went and they currently sit one place and one point ahead of us in the pyramid.

If what he have now isn’t good enough, then neither is Ashley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Let’s be honest, Ashley wouldn’t be the guy, would he?

It’s not very ambitious to want him either. He’s had 14 years at Newcastle, suffered two relegations, on target for a third when he finally went and they currently sit one place and one point ahead of us in the pyramid.

If what he have now isn’t good enough, then neither is Ashley. 

I think we’re trumping the Geordie boys for relegations aren’t we? How many in the last 14 years for us ? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think we’re trumping the Geordie boys for relegations aren’t we? How many in the last 14 years for us ? 

We’ve had more but despite that, they’re one place and one point better off than us. If what we’re doing isn’t good enough, nor is what he did at Newcastle. All that extra time and money in the PL and one point and one place? Been more wasteful with their opportunities than we have by the looks of it. 

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

We’ve had more but despite that, they’re one place and one point better off than us. If what we’re doing isn’t good enough, nor is what he did at Newcastle. All that extra time and money in the PL and one point and one place? Been more wasteful with their opportunities than we have by the looks of it. 

Great points Duncan, watch em win this league in the next decade no problem. They ain’t going down this season but we are. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Great points Duncan, watch em win this league in the next decade no problem. They ain’t going down this season but we are. 

What will that have to do with Mike Ashley? You said earlier on the thread that he’d be far better than what we have. He has delivered two relegations and was headed for a third and, currently, having been sold, Newcastle sit at the end of his tenure, one point and one place above us.

What you’ve actually intimated is that if we were second from bottom on 11 points instead of being bottom with 10, that would be “much better”. Happy clapper. 🙂

If your point is that Ashley is better because he sold up to the Saudi’s, you’ll have to be able to tell me who it is he is going to sell us to after he has bought us and how long we’ll have to suffer under him before he sells in order for me to decide if it’s worth the stagnation. 😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

What will that have to do with Mike Ashley? You said earlier on the thread that he’d be far better than what we have. He has delivered two relegations and was headed for a third and, currently, having been sold, Newcastle sit at the end of his tenure, one point and one place above us.

What you’ve actually intimated is that if we were second from bottom on 11 points instead of being bottom with 10, that would be “much better”. Happy clapper. 🙂

If your point is that Ashley is better because he sold up to the Saudi’s, you’ll have to be able to tell me who it is he is going to sell us to after he has bought us and how long we’ll have to suffer under him before he sells in order for me to decide if it’s worth the stagnation. 😉

If Newcastle offered the going price for Max or Todd tonight we’d sell without any moral issues. Let’s stop pretending NCFC are on some moral crusade that all other clubs are envious of. We grab the Sky money with both hands quicker than anyone other club and those parachute payments are to die for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Newcastle offered the going price for Max or Todd tonight we’d sell without any moral issues. Let’s stop pretending NCFC are on some moral crusade that all other clubs are envious of. We grab the Sky money with both hands quicker than anyone other club and those parachute payments are to die for. 

What the **** has that got to do with anything I posted?

12 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

12 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Oh don’t get angry! You only pop on here once a fortnight or to help your dad out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Oh don’t get angry! You only pop on here once a fortnight or to help your dad out. 

Angry😂

I’ll post what I posted again:

What you’ve actually intimated is that if we were second from bottom on 11 points instead of being bottom with 10, that would be “much better”. Happy clapper. 🙂

If your point is that Ashley is better because he sold up to the Saudi’s, you’ll have to be able to tell me who it is he is going to sell us to after he has bought us and how long we’ll have to suffer under him before he sells in order for me to decide if it’s worth the stagnation 😉

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Angry😂

I’ll post what I posted again:

What you’ve actually intimated is that if we were second from bottom on 11 points instead of being bottom with 10, that would be “much better”. Happy clapper. 🙂

If your point is that Ashley is better because he sold up to the Saudi’s, you’ll have to be able to tell me who it is he is going to sell us to after he has bought us and how long we’ll have to suffer under him before he sells in order for me to decide if it’s worth the stagnation 😉

Like father like son!!! Log off and raid the fridge. 

• Like 1

His model is in buying businesses that are on their knees. I doubt he would be remotely interested in us. Thanks 

• Like 1

Like father like son!!! Log off and raid the fridge. 

29 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Nothing, but you'd made his point look a little silly 😅

• Haha 1