TeemuVanBasten

Anybody else sick of Cantwell's drama...

TvB, the club has said Todd removed himself from training yesterday 

Sorry but where did they say that?

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’ve heard lots of the stories of what’s going on in the lads life, he’s had a rough time tbh, and clowns like those on here don’t really help him either, I hope wherever he goes if he does leave, he can get back to playing his best football. Sadly, I think because there’s so much I’ll feeling now towards him, it’s best he goes.

Oh puh-lease, spare me the violins. He's not in a war zone, he's not oppressed in a banana republic, he's not getting monkey chants because of his race; he's a privileged young man who is taking advantage of gullible people to get what he wants. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well we will find out this Transfer window 

Nobody will sign a player who can not play due to family issues / illness 

if he can not play here how is he going to play elsewhere ?

Nobody will sign a player for any money who can not play 

if he signs for another club then starts playing it shows he wanted to leave and had a fall out 

i would of thought if he had no issues with the club and it was all just a illness of a family member

he would of signed a long contract here as we would be the club he sees his future ? 

I said at the start of the season for us to stay up he had to have a good season and McLean couldnt be a regular. I think I'm being proved right on both counts. Cantwell has bags of ability but I worry about his attitude to really make an impression in the game.

Absolutely fuming with that utterly spoilt brat,  taking a large amount of money from the club & doing fxu% all for it.....please get rid....he can find another bird up north 

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You people should be ashamed of yourselves ffs!

He has severe family issues again and has asked to be left out. ( A very close family member of his, who is also deeply affected by what’s going on, works with a very close relation of mine.)

None of you have ever asked for time off due to family issues have you? 
Absolutely disgraceful thread 😡😡

The not knowing is the hardest thing to deal with.  If he has severe family issues, we can all empathise with that - but was it family issues that stopped him from signing a contract three years ago and when he did eventually sign it was a shorter contract than most of the other players?  Was it family issues that stopped him from signing a contract this time which would show commitment and keep his value high?  Was it family issues that made him lose focus last season while speculation about his future got to him?  Was it family issues this season that caused him to be dropped from the team initially?  He may have family problems as well, but even then it brings to mind Bryan Gunn who played on despite the awful family things he had to deal with.  Whichever way you look at it - and yes, there may be mitigating circumstances, who knows - you obviously seem to - but really, it has not looked good overall.  If he is having genuine problems, then good luck to him, but for most of us, it looks like he wants away, has wanted away before and both times been persuaded to stay on - and that his being dropped has signalled a reaction from him that blew up his bridges with the then manager - which has led to him not being fit enough or in form enough to contribute nearly enough to our cause this season.  Family stuff can happen and as I say, we would all wish him well on that front, but football is his career and he needs to focus on that too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Citytilidie said:

Absolutely fuming with that utterly spoilt brat,  taking a large amount of money from the club & doing fxu% all for it.....please get rid....he can find another bird up north 

FFS the state of you.

You need to change your username.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

The not knowing is the hardest thing to deal with.  If he has severe family issues, we can all empathise with that - but was it family issues that stopped him from signing a contract three years ago and when he did eventually sign it was a shorter contract than most of the other players?  Was it family issues that stopped him from signing a contract this time which would show commitment and keep his value high?  Was it family issues that made him lose focus last season while speculation about his future got to him?  Was it family issues this season that caused him to be dropped from the team initially?  He may have family problems as well, but even then it brings to mind Bryan Gunn who played on despite the awful family things he had to deal with.  Whichever way you look at it - and yes, there may be mitigating circumstances, who knows - you obviously seem to - but really, it has not looked good overall.  If he is having genuine problems, then good luck to him, but for most of us, it looks like he wants away, has wanted away before and both times been persuaded to stay on - and that his being dropped has signalled a reaction from him that blew up his bridges with the then manager - which has led to him not being fit enough or in form enough to contribute nearly enough to our cause this season.  Family stuff can happen and as I say, we would all wish him well on that front, but football is his career and he needs to focus on that too.

And as other people have said, it seems strange that these family problems should interfere with his ability to play for us while they don't seem to interfere with him moving 250 miles to another city in order to get a much higher salary. 

39 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Oh puh-lease, spare me the violins. He's not in a war zone, he's not oppressed in a banana republic, he's not getting monkey chants because of his race; he's a privileged young man who is taking advantage of gullible people to get what he wants. 

Who are these gullible people?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who are these gullible people?

Fans who support him despite the fact that he has done his best to scupper the club for the last two seasons in order to further his own personal ambitions.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Fans who support him despite the fact that he has done his best to scupper the club for the last two seasons in order to further his own personal ambitions.

OK thanks for clarifying. How will these fans help further his ambitions.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

By joining in on a massive tik tok dance?....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I didn't say they could help further his ambitions. I said they support him even though he has been deeply damaging to the club. They believe the **** about him having 'problems', poor little diddums. Yes, the problem that he can't get what he wants.

It appears his family issues only stop him playing for Norwich. 

They don't appear to stop him from wanting to move to play for another Premier league club. 

Very odd and selective problems. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’ve heard lots of the stories of what’s going on in the lads life, he’s had a rough time tbh

Life for the majority of us is never a bed of roses or a bowl of cherries but that doesn't mean that you just give up and down tools.

Life goes on

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

What a load of bollaxcks, get a life bubble

• Like 1

Cantwell is not so much the 'Dereham Deco' as a 'Big headed Breckland Brat' and the sooner he clears off the better.

I doubt his immature tantrums would be so well considered elsewhere and I've been advised that Fakenham have said they don't want him on their books.

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

TvB, the club has said Todd removed himself from training yesterday.  This is consistent with having some bad personal news rather than the knock you have reported. 

We are all frustrated that he hasn't pushed on this season.  We all know there is something going on in the background too, it's sad it is dragging on for so long, both for club and for Todd.   

Whether that is a family issue, or an agent turning his head I personally can not say.  If it turns out to be the former, your current position, as stated by Wings of a Sparrow, on here will look as weak as how you are portraying TheBaldOne66's.  How ITK are you?

We had one poster claim about 4 months ago that Cantwell had a relative on the Liverpool care pathway, I think it was Pugin. That is essentially the slow withdrawal of water and sustinence until somebody dies, effectively of dehydration. I've had relatives on that, not nice, but 4 months would be a world record i should think. For my close relative it was a few days.

I don't know whether he has other sick relatives, but millions have lost people in this pandemic, lost 3 relatives myself of covid... and a cousin last month to heroin... horrible but I've had to get on with life and work.

I've been told that the club offered him the best contract they could which would have put him up there with the top three highest earners and he rejected it. That is his right but any long distance move away from family in Norfolk would surely quash the rumours of a family crisis? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nora's Ghost said:

I doubt his immature tantrums would be so well considered elsewhere and I've been advised that Fakenham have said they don't want him on their books.

that must be a relief for him

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We had one poster claim about 4 months ago that Cantwell had a relative on the Liverpool care pathway, I think it was Pugin. That is essentially the slow withdrawal of water and sustinence until somebody dies, effectively of dehydration. I've had relatives on that, not nice, but 4 months would be a world record i should think. For my relative it was 7-10 days.

I don't know whether he has other sick relatives, but millions have lost people in this pandemic, lost 3 relatives myself of covid... and a cousin last month to heroin... horrible but I've had to get on with life and work.

I've been told that the club offered him the best contract they could which would have put him up there with the top three highest earners and he rejected it. That is his right but any long distance move away from family in Norfolk would surely quash the rumours of a family crisis? 

Indeed many get on and copeTVB, but sadly others cant cope, whether they are pro footballers or not, to the rest of us they seem to have it all, but the reality is sadly  not the same, Gary Speed being a prime example.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Indeed many get on and copeTVB, but sadly others cant cope, whether they are pro footballers or not, to the rest of us they seem to have it all, but the reality is sadly  not the same, Gary Speed being a prime example.

Absolutely VW, some people need lots of support and I fully hope he gets it. But I also agree that he’s not shown much of that emotion on his social media, almost on the aggression all the time, rather than showing the need for support and patience from the supporters. That’s what might wind some supporters up.

Hopefully for all it will sort itself out and if he’s really suffering behind the scenes then I fully understand. 

Edited by Indy

Are these latest personal problems actually fact then, or made up by someone on here? Losing the plot on this really. Just one **** stirring thread after another.

In all my years of supporting NCFC it's been a while since I've seen the level of hate aimed at one of our players who for all we know might be having personal issues.

Really can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh and good luck to him. Actually I hope it is Newcastle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Absolutely VW, some people need lots of support and I fully hope he gets it. But I also agree that he’s not shown much of that emotion on his social media, almost on the aggression all the time, rather than showing the need for support and patience from the supporters. That’s what might wind some supporters up.

Hopefully for all it will sort itself out and if he’s really suffering behind the scenes then I fully understand. 

Social media has a lot to answer for, we can post stuff in our own seclusion and have no real understanding at that time of its impact.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Are these latest personal problems actually fact then, or made up by someone on here? Losing the plot on this really. Just one **** stirring thread after another.

In all my years of supporting NCFC it's been a while since I've seen the level of hate aimed at one of our players who for all we know might be having personal issues.

Really can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh and good luck to him. Actually I hope it is Newcastle.

It would be a pretty appalling abuse of trust to start posting it in a place like this.

Need to stop these threads I agree

Edited by Van wink

I find the Cantwell stuff just to be a bit sad and probably symptomatic of the social media influence. Now people can come up with whatever opinions or ideas they like about someone and by simple repetition, it somehow becomes fact, even without evidence. We have no idea what’s been wrong and why he’s been out as much as he has, there’s no point getting ourselves wound up over conjecture all the time.

That said I don’t think Todd helps himself at all. He has at times appeared to use ambiguous social media content to cast doubt on things Farke said, I.e injured/not injured. 

I also wonder about his lack of fitness. I mean there are players who didn’t play early on such as Sorensen, Gilmour even Byram, who when they have started at least looked fit enough to compete and last the game (whatever you think of how they play). His loss of so much fitness is strange tbh. 

I think it’s time he moved on, for a change of nothing else, and if Norwich can get decent money for him, I’d take it and wish him well.

Edited by Jambomo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

And I hope that Cantwell isn't going through problems associated with that grief, but we're getting contradictory second hand information about these sick relatives, as I illustrated by Pugin telling us months ago that a relative was on the Liverpool care pathway, then having a poster on here claiming he has a sick relative. I'd lean towards believing Pugin there I think, rather than whoever this latest plonker is. 

But he's said himself that he's not suffering from any mental health problems, and if he's not in a good enough place to train and play properly for us then that rules out him leaving the club in this window doesn't it? I mean he's being linked to Liverpool because they need a player to cover for Mane and Salah who are off to AFCON, and he's being linked to Newcastle as they attempt the great escape, and linked to Leicester who need to continue their good form to get into Europe again this season. None of them are buying an unfit player who they need to show months of patience to, and as far as I'm concerned if he passes a medical and signs for any of those... he's fit and his family issues are being massively overstated.

Surely he just pulled out of this FA Cup game because he doesn't want to get a knock or twinge which would jeopardise a new four year deal somewhere?

• Like 1

Todd Cant(do)well in the Premier League.

It has nothing to do with the players around him. Yes, he has shooting star moments of brilliance, but the majority of the time his trickery and skill level are not enough to outplay established PL midfielders and defenders consistency and he simply gets pushed off the ball. And, much like a child who keeps having their toy taken away by bigger kids, he has a strop and takes it out on the coach/team/fans by choosing not to grow up and play.

I don’t believe for one second any talk about mental health issues. If this were the case, I’m sure NCFC would have made some sort of official statement and found him help. As for emotional issues around family members, we all have them. That’s part of living.

As has been mentioned previously in the thread, he should look to Aarons for some pointers on how to be classy and professional.

There’s a piece of me that wants to let him sit on the bench for the U23s for the next 18 months, but we need the money.

Edited by CirclePoint

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We had one poster claim about 4 months ago that Cantwell had a relative on the Liverpool care pathway, I think it was Pugin. That is essentially the slow withdrawal of water and sustinence until somebody dies, effectively of dehydration. I've had relatives on that, not nice, but 4 months would be a world record i should think. For my close relative it was a few days.

I rarely get angry about things I read on here, but this post goes so far beyond decency and truthfulness that it has me fuming.

For the record no one with any knowledge of the matter, myself included, has ever mentioned the Liverpool Care Pathway. You have made that up. (End of life care has been mentioned.) Sometimes I cannot fathom what strange things go on inside your head.

Secondly, no new contract has been discussed or offered. The club will confirm this.

You really should apologise for this appalling degree of trouble-stirring, but of course you won't.

Edited by Pugin
Elucidation
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

By joining in on a massive tik tok dance?....

Sounds like an idea for all fans attending the Everton match. If Todd’s unable to play (take your pick for all suggested reasons so far) he could lead it on a small stage as the players come out.