City 2nd

Pundits have it right!

20 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

MOTD.

LINEKER - ‘do they have the players though’

MURPHY - NO.

Oh how I hope Mr Webber was watching!

Well in the context of 9 first choice players out including GK, CB, CDM, CM, LW, and CF, obviously not. Was there any context to the comments or were they just going for the cheap shot again?

25 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

MOTD.

LINEKER - ‘do they have the players though’

MURPHY - NO.

Oh how I hope Mr Webber was watching!

Nobody should ever claim Danny Murphy is right about anything, ever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

Well in the context of 9 first choice players out including GK, CB, CDM, CM, LW, and CF, obviously not. Was there any context to the comments or were they just going for the cheap shot again?

Cheap shot?  Saying a last place team with only 10 points at Christmas doesn't have the players to stay up?  You serious?  If you want rainbows and unicorns go watch Ted Lasso

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

With eight goals ALL season in 19 matches, and the latest (non) shows and their league position I would  say Danny Murphy has it spot on in answer to the wuestion poised by lineker. Was it a cheap shot! Reading the twitter and pink-un comments and paddy’s article I would say not.

6 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Nobody should ever claim Danny Murphy is right about anything, ever. 

Was he wrong then?

In the interest of parity,

Palace had a fair few out yesterday too.

But don't let that keep you from having your head firmly in the sand.

Edited by CDMullins

37 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Was he wrong then?

I think he is. Maybe not yesterday with so many players out but if we had a full squad I think we’d be doing better right now. 

it’s very hard to argue against saying our players aren’t good enough to get us out of this.

Something which we would unfortunately not be privy to is a detailed post match analysis with key scenes from the game and asking Dean Smith to walk us through what our game plan was both defensively but more critically in the final third. Too many times this season we look absolutely clueless about what to do with the ball in that all critical area.  For every other team in the prem the speed of one touch, link up play to then create that space in the box to put the ball in the back of the net is something we are severely lacking. 

what happens with us is ball comes out wide, Placheta, Aarons etc all show endeavour in trying to beat their man and whip in a cross but we simply don’t get enough bodies in there, have the height nor physicality to get on the end of anything it would seem. It’s only Teemu’s goal v Southampton from open play that I can actually think of in terms of end product from a cross. 

there is a lack of leadership and too many promising young individuals lacking prem experience here in this team and I am intrigued to see how the Jan window pans out. 

We are in a deep hole. No doubt. January is going to show us everything. To stay up - we will find out who is running The Club. And whether there is a desire to survive. Or is The Plan to Carry on and Yo Yo

Will they back the Head Coach ? Does our Head Coach want to change our formation. 4-4-2. So 2 up front ( Pukki and ANO ? ) Also, who wants to stay or go ? some of the Agents will have been working hard.

Feel for Billy Gilmour. A player who WILL look good within a side of better players. Really needed an experienced midfielder to be organising us. Obviously, Normann was that man. Need a replacement quick. And more. Mr Webber. The pressure is on

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I think he is. Maybe not yesterday with so many players out but if we had a full squad I think we’d be doing better right now. 

So,palace didn’t have any important players missing then!?

This all smells horribly like what took us down to League One not so long back before lightning struck for Smith and Jones and Paul Lambert somehow saved us from oblivion.

The squad is poor and the market value of our best is diminishing fast so let us just pray for mid table mediocrity in the Championship for a while until Smith and Jones finally give up the ghost.

11 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Except this.

He is also right about footballers being mercenaries who will go to the clubs paying the highest wages.

It is why they don't come here.

3 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

We are in a deep hole. No doubt. January is going to show us everything. To stay up - we will find out who is running The Club. And whether there is a desire to survive. Or is The Plan to Carry on and Yo Yo

Will they back the Head Coach ? Does our Head Coach want to change our formation. 4-4-2. So 2 up front ( Pukki and ANO ? ) Also, who wants to stay or go ? some of the Agents will have been working hard.

Feel for Billy Gilmour. A player who WILL look good within a side of better players. Really needed an experienced midfielder to be organising us. Obviously, Normann was that man. Need a replacement quick. And more. Mr Webber. The pressure is on

You don't have to wait until next month! I can helpfully answer that question now. Any money spent in January will be on the assumption we will be in the Championship next season. We might, for example, bring in a striker who could help give us a bit of a chance of surviving, but that would be a bonus.

12 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

They did, but this is their ninth successive season in the Premier League. That has helped them to create a squad that can cope with even some key players being out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They did, but this is their ninth successive season in the Premier League. That has helped them to create a squad that can cope with even some key players being out.

Bull and sh*** spring to mind! How on earth does that make ANY difference oh knowledgeable one!?

34 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

They had 3 out, that’s nothing compared to  missing most of your regular first team.

12 hours ago, Surfer said:

Wake up and smell the coffee Surfer , our numbers out are slightly bloated , they can’t all play at once , Palace had. 3 certain starters out also , it’s the strength of squad that is also lacking .

All those that are called upon are simply out of their depth, along with majority of 1st team certs .

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

They had 3 out, that’s nothing compared to  missing most of your regular first team.

Correct! Take a look at the premiership table! You seem to think that we would have had a positive result if those that were out were in! Let’s put it like this, they couldn’t beat 10 man Newcastle when they were all playing.  A reminder, we have scored EIGHT goals and conceded 42! Take a look again at the league table, and the minus 34 goal difference. It doesn’t lie, does it, our squad is very very weak, full stop.

Edited by City 2nd

8 hours ago, orsen456 said:

Cheap shot?  Saying a last place team with only 10 points at Christmas doesn't have the players to stay up?  You serious?  If you want rainbows and unicorns go watch Ted Lasso

To be fair, Ted got relegated too before bouncing back at the first attempt, they are literally Norwich City in TV form. 

4 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Correct! Take a look at the premiership table! You seem to think that we would have had a positive result if those that were out were in! Let’s put it like this, they couldn’t beat 10 man Newcastle when they were all playing.  A reminder, we have scored EIGHT goals and conceded 34! Take a look again at the league table, it doesn’t lie, does it, our squad is very very weak, full stop.

Wish we had only conceded  34

6 hours ago, Jambomo said:

A fair few or every single one of their quality players. No Krul, No Aarons, No Pukki, No Rashica, No Hanley, No Cantwell, No Normann

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Bull and sh*** spring to mind! How on earth does that make ANY difference oh knowledgeable one!?

This is a joke yeah? 

Nobody could be that thick? 

If you can't see how nine seasons in the prem gives you the money to invest in squad depth then you're beyond help. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fredherring said:

This is a joke yeah? 

Nobody could be that thick? 

If you can't see how nine seasons in the prem gives you the money to invest in squad depth then you're beyond help. 

Haven’t NCFC had more money than Palace? Winning a play off final at we blew, and two promotions to the prem league, not to mention the relegation money from the prem?

who is the thick one!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Haven’t NCFC had more money than Palace? Winning a play off final at we blew, and two promotions to the prem league, not to mention the relegation money from the prem?

who is the thick one!

No nothing like as much. 2 promotions and a parachute payment are with far less than the annual payment for being in the premier league.

You may want to rephrase your final point!!

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

No nothing like as much. 2 promotions and a parachute payment are with far less than the annual payment for being in the premier league.

You may want to rephrase your final point!!

Think I’ll leave it as it is thanks.
The premier league gives solidarity payments to ALL EFL clubs. Clubs in the premier league benefit from TV rights and not solidarity payments!

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Think I’ll leave it as it is thanks.
The premier league gives solidarity payments to ALL EFL clubs. Clubs in the premier league benefit from TV rights and not solidarity payments!

Yes I know but the solidarity payments to the EFL are very small compared to the money the clubs receive for being in the premier league. 

13 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Was he wrong then?

Even he has to be right sometimes.

Who the hell on the BBC board thinks the boring boring man is suitable for TV? He resembles Marvin the Paranoid Android.

And Shearer narrow his eyes and looks as if to say, "why ask me, I wasn't watching"