Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Another lockdown incoming..?

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It makes sense that only vaccinated people get entry to football grounds

the anti vaxxers should be made to stay at home 

Care to give a sane explanation for this position given that the vaccinated can spread the virus and contract it? 

Surely if a vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it or giving it - the only protection is for you. At which point what another person chooses to do has zero to do with you 

12 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Can this thread be moved to the non-football related chat at all?

It now effects football after Bozzas announcement just now about entry to outdoor venues 10,000+.

Although totally pointless as it's very easy to get a fake lateral flow negative. 

16 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Can this thread be moved to the non-football related chat at all?

Well it is football related because it means that some people will be excluded from going to Carrow Road.

So if I understand correctly a negative lateral flow test is also acceptable for the unvaccinated say I think that’s reasonable compromise.

Edited by Canary Jedi

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It now effects football after Bozzas announcement just now about entry to outdoor venues 10,000+.

Although totally pointless as it's very easy to get a fake lateral flow negative. 

You can falsify the result you submit, but not the result itself.

If people can't be trusted then venues will be closed. I'm surprised this is not being done until the boosters are done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It makes sense that only vaccinated people get entry to football grounds

the anti vaxxers should be made to stay at home 

Anti Norwich posters should be made to stay away from this forum, but here you are…

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You can falsify the result you submit, but not the result itself.

If people can't be trusted then venues will be closed. I'm surprised this is not being done until the boosters are done.

Exactly, so you don't even need to do the bloody thing to submit a negative test and get your 'all clear' email for entry, so like I said pointless 🤷‍♂️

It also doesn’t make sense that people who are double vaccinated don’t have to do a lateral flow test, since the vaccines don’t stop you getting it and passing it on. Therefore you’ll be sitting next to people and I don’t know whether they’ve got it or not.

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Exactly, so you don't even need to do the bloody thing to submit a negative test and get your 'all clear' email for entry, so like I said pointless 🤷‍♂️

This is true, and the sort of person that would be willing to falsify a test result is exactly the sort of person you wouldn't want standing next to you for two hours at the football, particularly when they’re maskless and quite probably unvaccinated.  It’s the whole mindset that’s the problem.  Someone who isn’t vaccinated, refuses to wear a mask, is happy to go to crowded places even if they have cold symptoms, thinks the whole thing is a conspiracy and considers that Covid is “only flu” is highly likely to ignore any form of social distancing and take no precautions whatsoever and therefore far more likely to contract and spread the virus.  Sadly too many people are selfish and stupid.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not everybody who hasn't had a covid vaccine is an anti vaxxer.

But that’s not what Uncle Fred is speaking to.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

This is true, and the sort of person that would be willing to falsify a test result is exactly the sort of person you wouldn't want standing next to you for two hours at the football, particularly when they’re maskless and quite probably unvaccinated.  It’s the whole mindset that’s the problem.  Someone who isn’t vaccinated, refuses to wear a mask, is happy to go to crowded places even if they have cold symptoms, thinks the whole thing is a conspiracy and considers that Covid is “only flu” is highly likely to ignore any form of social distancing and take no precautions whatsoever and therefore far more likely to contract and spread the virus.  Sadly too many people are selfish and stupid.

Very well said!

4 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

It also doesn’t make sense that people who are double vaccinated don’t have to do a lateral flow test, since the vaccines don’t stop you getting it and passing it on. Therefore you’ll be sitting next to people and I don’t know whether they’ve got it or not.

Let’s be honest, Canary Jedi… know one has a clue as to what the person sitting next to you has got. Head-lice, pink eye, strep throat, infatigo, any number of infectious diseases and/or viruses. 

But to your point, I do wish people would better understand that the vaccine doesn’t prevent anyone from catching COVID. It simply reduces the impact on the person. Hopefully with the vaccine, at worst, they stay in the catagory of ‘miserable’ rather than ‘hospitalized’.

The real problem is a pandemic of people infected with pride infested stupidity

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

In some respects it is a waste of time but if people do lie or don't even bother take the test then the virus will spread, an increase in infection rate will see a net increase in hospitalisations (not necessarily deaths) and we'll be in lockdown again.

We were on top of Delta but Omicron changes a hell of a lot.

7 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Let’s be honest, Canary Jedi… know one has a clue as to what the person sitting next to you has got. Head-lice, pink eye, strep throat, infatigo, any number of infectious diseases and/or viruses. 

But to your point, I do wish people would better understand that the vaccine doesn’t prevent anyone from catching COVID. It simply reduces the impact on the person. Hopefully with the vaccine, at worst, they stay in the catagory of ‘miserable’ rather than ‘hospitalized’.

The real problem is a pandemic of people infected with pride infested stupidity

Reminds me of a lovely quote from the mathematician Norbert Wiener (translation is my own).

"Im Gegensatz zur Pest ist Dummheit keine Krankheit, weshalb keine Hoffnung besteht, sie jemals ausrotten zu können."

(Unlike the plague, stupidity is not an illness, which means we have no hope of ever eradicating it.)

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

In some respects it is a waste of time but if people do lie or don't even bother take the test then the virus will spread, an increase in infection rate will see a net increase in hospitalisations (not necessarily deaths) and we'll be in lockdown again.

We were on top of Delta but Omicron changes a hell of a lot.

With 50,000 positive tests a day, and probably at least three times that number actually being infected, I don’t think we were on top of anything at all.  

I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but how do you show that you've had a negative lateral flow test prior to entering the ground? 

Do you physically take the little cartridge thing and show it, or do you log it and get a confirmation email to say so? If it's the latter, are we not in danger of overwhelming the testing agencies in the days leading up to a match?

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but how do you show that you've had a negative lateral flow test prior to entering the ground? 

Do you physically take the little cartridge thing and show it, or do you log it and get a confirmation email to say so? If it's the latter, are we not in danger of overwhelming the testing agencies in the days leading up to a match?

Have you never done a lateral flow test?  You report the result on the NHS website and you get an automated email and text from them confirming the result that you gave on the website.

How is it that those not vaccinated are deemed a threat in an open air venue, but can go sit in a pub with 60/70 other people and watch the football, have the experts actually thought this out, 

3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Have you never done a lateral flow test?  You report the result on the NHS website and you get an automated email and text from them confirming the result that you gave on the website.

You’ll probably find that a lot of people that get a negative result from a lateral flow don’t bother to e mail the nhs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canary bob said:

How is it that those not vaccinated are deemed a threat in an open air venue, but can go sit in a pub with 60/70 other people and watch the football, have the experts actually thought this out, 

Yes, it’s bizarre isn’t it.  Vaccine passports and negative test results should be mandatory for entry to any public venue.  

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

You’ll probably find that a lot of people that get a negative result from a lateral flow don’t bother to e mail the nhs 

You don’t email the NHS.  You log-on to the NHS website and upload your test result there.

36 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

That's exactly my point 😄

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

People like me. Is it a requirement?

My wife logs both ours on the ZOE APP.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

You don’t email the NHS.  You log-on to the NHS website and upload your test result there.

Ok, you’ll probably find that a lot of people that get a negative result from a lateral flow don’t bother to log on to the NHS website and upload their result 

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

People like me. Is it a requirement?

No idea, I haven’t logged my negative results anywhere 

1 hour ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

some shocking grammar in this post...maybe educate yourself on that before trying educate others on this bs?

I think that the lack of education is closely linked to the beliefs! 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Yes i have, see above.

The first question the NHS app asks is for you to log the test number, and the ones we have been getting I don't remember seeing a number/barcode on them.

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yes i have, see above.

The first question the NHS app asks is for you to log the test number, and the ones we have been getting I don't remember seeing a number/barcode on them.

The number is on the stick 

• Like 1