Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Another lockdown incoming..?

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yes i have, see above.

The first question the NHS app asks is for you to log the test number, and the ones we have been getting I don't remember seeing a number/barcode on them.

They all have a serial number and QR code on them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Yes, it’s bizarre isn’t it.  Vaccine passports and negative test results should be mandatory for entry to any public venue.  

Why can't the powers that be, see how simple it could be, as you said either passport or neg test for entry, I suppose the logistics of checking everyone would be a nightmare, so random checks wood be the answer I suppose.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Care to give a sane explanation for this position given that the vaccinated can spread the virus and contract it? 

Surely if a vaccine doesn’t stop you catching it or giving it - the only protection is for you. At which point what another person chooses to do has zero to do with you 

I would go further I would chemically castrate the f@@@@@@ so they can’t breed their level of stupidity 

I've just tried to get my Covid passport as heading out later.  However the site has crashed.  Probably caused by curious people after the press conference.  However it is concerning that effectively now 3 million people will look to do this on Saturday afternoons before going to the match.  A disaster waiting to happen.  I'm sorry but the stadiums are open to the elements, there really is such a low risk of passing the virus at stadiums showing a passport is ****, just avoid Morrisons or pubs before you go in (hmm fatal flaw in the strategy).

Edited by shefcanary

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I've just tried to get my Covid passport as heading out later.  However the site has crashed.  Probably caused by curious people after the press conference.  However it is concerning that effectively now 3 million people will look to do this on Saturday afternoons before going to the match.  A disaster waiting to happen.  I'm sorry but the stadiums are open to the elements, there really is such a low risk of passing the virus there, just said Morrisons or pubs before you go in (hmm fatal flaw in the strategy).

The “vaccine passport” is valid for 4 weeks from the date of issue.  No need for everyone to do it on a Saturday morning.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

The “vaccine passport” is valid for 4 weeks from the date of issue.  

There is the fatal flaw in a sentence - anything can happen in 4 weeks.  What a farce.

Judging by the state of this thread I can see getting inside Carrow Rd before kick-off particularly challenging. 

Hopefully people will have their NHS App open on the appropriate page before getting to turnstile and those refusing to co-operate will be made to step aside pending further questioning whilst the rest of us get in the bloody place.

45 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

With 50,000 positive tests a day, and probably at least three times that number actually being infected, I don’t think we were on top of anything at all.  

You missed every flu season ever? 

Cases are irrelevant. 

Are hospitalisations going up? Hardly. 

Are deaths? No. 

Has anyone, in the world, died from omicron?  No. 

What's is it we should be on top of here?  Please do explain. Zero covid? 

Why do people want to hand their freedom to the state so cheaply?

Pure stupidity, a failure to heed history, look around the world, read, or even understand the frog in a pot analogy. 

• Like 3

I have been double jabbed. 

But unlike the moronic proles, I can see where this I heading. 

So I'm not complying. 

I won't be going to any more games and I won't be selling my seat. 

It can sit empty until this insanity over a weakening virus ends. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredherring said:

You missed every flu season ever? 

Cases are irrelevant. 

Are hospitalisations going up? Hardly. 

Are deaths? No. 

Has anyone, in the world, died from omicron?  No. 

What's is it we should be on top of here?  Please do explain. Zero covid? 

Why do people want to hand their freedom to the state so cheaply?

Pure stupidity, a failure to heed history, look around the world, read, or even understand the frog in a pot analogy. 

I get what you are saying but we won't really know how dangerous the new strain is for another two or three weeks when it starts spreading amongst the older/more vulnerable in society. At the moment is is spreading mostly in the younger members of our society and of course South Africa has a much younger demographic than the UK. I am not overly worried by the new strain but I am not complacent about it either........

13 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I get what you are saying but we won't really know how dangerous the new strain is for another two or three weeks when it starts spreading amongst the older/more vulnerable in society. At the moment is is spreading mostly in the younger members of our society and of course South Africa has a much younger demographic than the UK. I am not overly worried by the new strain but I am not complacent about it either........

Life needs to continue as best as normal. Covid isn't the only killer. Most are now either vaxxed or had a version of covid. We're living in a massive science experiment. What happens if we open up and let the virus run it's course. 

Previous if I was ill I'd stay away from others and this is no different. Like other bugs you can carry and spread without knowledge. Give the boosters to those who need and want and see what happens. People will then take their own judgment and take the risks in life as they see fit

39 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

The “vaccine passport” is valid for 4 weeks from the date of issue.  No need for everyone to do it on a Saturday morning.

Whenever I have done one it’s only ever been valid for 2 days

34 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

There is the fatal flaw in a sentence - anything can happen in 4 weeks.  What a farce.

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

This is for test results, I want a passport/certificate 

Login to the NHS app (not the Covid one).  You can get your 4 week proof of vaccination from there.

38 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You’re confusing proof of vaccination with proof of a test result.

38 minutes ago, fredherring said:

I have been double jabbed. 

But unlike the moronic proles, I can see where this I heading. 

So I'm not complying. 

I won't be going to any more games and I won't be selling my seat. 

It can sit empty until this insanity over a weakening virus ends. 

Good

You will still be counted as being there and you will have already paid for the privilege so that's pretty futile.

Auto renewal begins in Feb so you may have a decision to make.

Once again, Boris is pussyfooting around the issue, trying to be all things to all people.  It shouldn’t be a choice of either vaccine passport or proof of negative lateral flow test.  It should be both.

54 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It's a rolling 4 weeks, so effectively it lasts forever or until they change the requirements for one, or until you record a positive test when your passport is instantly cancelled for 10 days

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

No idea, I haven’t logged my negative results anywhere 

It is a requirement to log all results. Positive, negative and failed. 

I guess thats for data tracking purposes. 

It tells you to do that in the booklet. 

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but how do you show that you've had a negative lateral flow test prior to entering the ground? 

Do you physically take the little cartridge thing and show it, or do you log it and get a confirmation email to say so? If it's the latter, are we not in danger of overwhelming the testing agencies in the days leading up to a match?

The results, after being updated onto the NHS site - are available on your NHS app too - together with your vaccination record. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's a rolling 4 weeks, so effectively it lasts forever or until they change the requirements for one, or until you record a positive test when your passport is instantly cancelled for 10 days

This is what I was trying to get at.  You keep one from up to four weeks past, in the meantime get covid but don't declare (probs because asymptomatic, but hey, can still pass it on) so can still get in the ground.  A venue in the open air!  I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic. 30,000 people can have valid passports but, say, 5,000 of them could have Covid but be asymptomatic whilst the chances of the passing it on in the ground are negligible given its open air but those 5,000 have mixed with people in bars, cafes, public transport before and after the ground.  Meanwhile same thing is happening in nightclubs too!  

There are only two ways to absolutely stop the spread at football grounds.  Test everyone before they enter, stopping people from going in who fail, or have no crowds at all.  Anything else is just making politicians/ officials feel like they are doing something, but they're not.  It's ****.  Either lockdown or admit the hope is mass vaccination works.  

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

This is what I was trying to get at.  You keep one from up to four weeks past, in the meantime get covid but don't declare (probs because asymptomatic, but hey, can still pass it on) so can still get in the ground.  A venue in the open air!  I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic. 30,000 people can have valid passports but, say, 5,000 of them could have Covid but be asymptomatic whilst the chances of the passing it on in the ground are negligible given its open air but those 5,000 have mixed with people in bars, cafes, public transport before and after the ground.  Meanwhile same thing is happening in nightclubs too!  

There are only two ways to absolutely stop the spread at football grounds.  Test everyone before they enter, stopping people from going in who fail, or have no crowds at all.  Anything else is just making politicians/ officials feel like they are doing something, but they're not.  It's ****.  Either lockdown or admit the hope is mass vaccination works.  

Hence proof of vaccination and proof of negative test should be the requirement.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Hence proof of vaccination and proof of negative test should be the requirement.

Surely a genuine negative test should be enough. Its a one off event. Need a new one for the next match. 

The vaccination status  is irrelevant to your health status at the time you enter the ground. (which I know is the point you were making)

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Surely a genuine negative test should be enough. Its a one off event. Need a new one for the next match. 

The vaccination status  is irrelevant to your health status at the time you enter the ground. (which I know is the point you were making)

Neither is infallible, but lateral flow tests do have quite a high rate of false negatives.

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Every NHS website I’ve tried is down

The NHS Covid Pass site is still down. After logging in on my phone App it states.........

Please try again later.

There are currently issues with accessing the Covid Pass on the NHS App and Website. We are investigating the issues and will update as soon as we can.