Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Another lockdown incoming..?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am astounded at the tripe Iwans Big Toe is posting on here.

That is all.

Not astounded. Just saddened that social media has given these people such powerful platform. Oh for the days when they had to stand on a soapbox at Hyde Park Corner, rather than hide behind a keyboard.

1 minute ago, Sooty57 said:

Not astounded. Just saddened that social media has given these people such powerful platform. Oh for the days when they had to stand on a soapbox at Hyde Park Corner, rather than hide behind a keyboard.

Ah, the Internet. Allowing village idiots to go global since....

4 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

When people start talking about “silencing” people that don’t fit in line that’s what worries me tbh. Opinions might be total BS but when we have the “send them to the gulags” communist Russia whiff it needs to be stamped on.

we do, just about, still live in a liberal democracy and we should act like it for as long as we can, officer.

13 hours ago, 1902 said:

I'm happy to mock any post which pretends there isn't a health crisis and that lockdowns are a control measure imposed by an elite across multiple countries simultaneously in some form of coordinated hatred of humanity.

To be fair, there is an ocean of space in between your position and his and far too many people see things in only black and white. 

It is perfectly possible to believe that we're in a pandemic, arguably endemic, and the vaccine is keeping tens of millions of people alive whilst also believing that it is quite convenient to the worlds governments in allowing them to go on a power grab or accelerate their agendas.

I'm double jabbed and don't believe the New World Order are making us all sterile to reduce the global population to 500 million after reading the Georgia Guidestones.

I also fear that our civil liberties are being permanently eroded and our democracy under attack by a Putinesque regime in the name of the pandemic, 51 weeks in prison for protesting for example. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s a binary moral decision

Vaccinated = Good citizen

unvaccinated = bad bad person 

Unfortunately your satire is too close to the reality, that is precisely how people are being cast.

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Bang on mate. Also double jabbed, it was the responsible thing to do and I have no regrets. However, I’m a not old guy with no conditions that could lead me to necessarily have an issue if I caught covid so I’m hesitant to have a third jab just for the hell of it.

I don’t think the third jab is being given “just for the hell of it”.  If it was, it would be a complete waste of time, money and effort on the part of the NHS.  No, it’s being given for strong clinical reasons and if having the first two jabs was “the responsible thing to do”, then so is having the booster.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

I don’t think the third jab is being given “just for the hell of it”.  If it was, it would be a complete waste of time, money and effort on the part of the NHS.  No, it’s being given for strong clinical reasons and if having the first two jabs was “the responsible thing to do”, then so is having the booster.

Everyone over 40 is being offered a third jab currently, regardless of medical conditions, and that is soon to be opened up.

should perfectly healthy 30 year olds with 2 jabs be given a 3rd jab? Shall we give people in their 20’s with no conditions a 3rd jab? A 4th?

how can that be justified as anything but the government just chucking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Everyone over 40 is being offered a third jab currently, regardless of medical conditions, and that is soon to be opened up.

should perfectly healthy 30 year olds with 2 jabs be given a 3rd jab? Shall we give people in their 20’s with no conditions a 3rd jab? A 4th?

how can that be justified as anything but the government just chucking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Boosters are being rolled out worldwide, and to suggest that “the government is just chucking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks” is more than a bit disingenuous.  Regardless of whether or not you accept declining antibody levels as being a good reason for administering boosters, I suspect that if you want to travel abroad in the future then vaccine passports will increasingly become a requirement for entry to other countries. 

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Boosters are being rolled out worldwide, and to suggest that “the government is just chucking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks” is more than a bit disingenuous.  Regardless of whether or not you accept declining antibody levels as being a good reason for administering boosters, I suspect that if you want to travel abroad in the future then vaccine passports will increasingly become a requirement for entry to other countries. 

It all sounds so great, I can’t wait. 🤦‍♂️ 

what an excellent future for our children

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

It all sounds so great, I can’t wait. 🤦‍♂️ 

what an excellent future for our children

Many countries already require proof of vaccination against various diseases for entry (e.g yellow fever), and in the UK most professions allied to medicine require vaccination against Hep B as a condition of employment.  I fail to understand why some get on their high horses about the possibility of having to demonstrate vaccination against Covid when that ship has quite clearly already sailed.

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair, there is an ocean of space in between your position and his and far too many people see things in only black and white. 

It is perfectly possible to believe that we're in a pandemic, arguably endemic, and the vaccine is keeping tens of millions of people alive whilst also believing that it is quite convenient to the worlds governments in allowing them to go on a power grab or accelerate their agendas.

I'm double jabbed and don't believe the New World Order are making us all sterile to reduce the global population to 500 million after reading the Georgia Guidestones.

I also fear that our civil liberties are being permanently eroded and our democracy under attack by a Putinesque regime in the name of the pandemic, 51 weeks in prison for protesting for example. 

I'd largely say this is my position too.

Almost every 'anti vaxx' talking point I've ever read has been obvious horse****. However the concerns around the idea of mandatory vaccination and the eroding of freedoms are fair and worthy of not being chucked in with stupid conspiracy theories about the NWO etc etc.

14 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Boosters are being rolled out worldwide

Except they will be gobbled up by the countries paying the biggest premium, which is the issue with this "seeing what sticks" mentality, it's very ignorant on a global scale. 

There is a genuine need to vaccinate the world, right now fingers crossed the new variant is milder and that means that all these additional 'premium rate' jabs should arguably be directed into poorer, struggling countries rather than fed into less vulnerable here.

The aim is to sell at the highest value to the maximum population at a rate of 2 per year.  Let's hope that omicron resembles standard cold/flu in regards to symptoms and we don't have to go down that route.  Sadly, there's many private companies at the top who stand to lose if it's mild, and that's why as a population we need to be a little bit smarter in reading between the headlines and be careful of losing basic freedoms.

Fast forward 2-5 years and there will be hysteria over vacc side effects, it's how everything goes and will be blown out of proportion.  If government made it mandatory, then would they be culpable for people becoming ill from being jabbed who, given choice, refused?

For me, gonna see how the next 3-4 weeks pan out and will be listening to the likes of Dr. John Campbell as he seems to be delivering somewhat unbiased analysis on things.

Edited by Google Bot

Many countries already require proof of vaccination against various diseases for entry (e.g yellow fever), and in the UK most professions allied to medicine require vaccination against Hep B as a condition of employment.  I fail to understand why some get on their high horses about the possibility of having to demonstrate vaccination against Covid when that ship has quite clearly already sailed.

I’ve BEEN vaccinated against covid. See, I can see you creepily twisting it around already that anyway that disagrees with you is an anti-vaxxer. If I’m an anti-vaxxer I’m literally the worst in the world as I have all standard vaccinations and 2 covid jabs, so you can pump the brakes on that one.

are you happy for everyone, every single person to receive non stop jabs, every year, regardless of their youth or medical conditions?

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Except they will be gobbled up by the countries paying the biggest premium, which is the issue with this "seeing what sticks" mentality, it's very ignorant on a global scale. 

There is a genuine need to vaccinate the world, right now fingers crossed the new variant is milder and that means that all these additional 'premium rate' jabs should arguably be directed into poorer, struggling countries rather than fed into less vulnerable here.

The aim is to sell at the highest value to the maximum population at a rate of 2 per year.  Let's hope that omicron resembles standard cold/flu in regards to symptoms and we don't have to go down that route.  Sadly, there's many private companies at the top who stand to lose if it's mild, and that's why as a population we need to be a little bit smarter in reading between the headlines and be careful of losing basic freedoms.

Ahh, the “big pharma” argument.  You might have noticed that we have a thing called the JCVI which gives independent opinion and guidance on what is and isn’t appropriate with regards vaccination programmes.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve BEEN vaccinated against covid. See, I can see you creepily twisting it around already that anyway that disagrees with you is an anti-vaxxer. If I’m an anti-vaxxer I’m literally the worst in the world as I have all standard vaccinations and 2 covid jabs, so you can pump the brakes on that one.

are you happy for everyone, every single person to receive non stop jabs, every year, regardless of their youth or medical conditions?

Not for me to say, is it?  It’s down to the JCVI.  But if you accepted the evidence that having the first two jabs was the wise thing to do, I fail to understand why you now take a different stance with the third.

Wish they'd put uranium and radium in them booster jabs....It would save me a fortune in batteries when I ride my bicycle at night.....

"Here we glow here we glow here we glow!"......

Not for me to say, is it?  It’s down to the JCVI.  But if you accepted the evidence that having the first two jabs was the wise thing to do, I fail to understand why you now take a different stance with the third.

I’m concerned about the third but not as concerned as I am about the 4th, 5th and 6th as a perfectly healthy person.

After that hopefully it will be nuclear holocaust and a PROPER apocalypse rather than this crap one we’ve got right now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When people start talking about “silencing” people that don’t fit in line that’s what worries me tbh. Opinions might be total BS but when we have the “send them to the gulags” communist Russia whiff it needs to be stamped on.

we do, just about, still live in a liberal democracy and we should act like it for as long as we can, officer.

No one is suggesting the curtailment of free speech, but it is an unfortunate fact that an awful lot of dangerous misinformation is being given credence purely because it is on the internet (from all demographics). The storming of Capitol Hill showed only too graphically how conspiracy theories can escalate into something far more serious.

Unfortunately both politicians and the mainstream media have lowered their standards to a point where it is difficult to trust them, prompting people to seek alternative sources of information. If the views given in these are a closer match to their own then they are more likely to accept them as truths.

Until both politicians and the media show themselves to be trustworthy beyond reproach I don't see how this situation can be rectified. I conclude therefor that we are stuffed.

Edited by Sooty57
typo

12 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Ahh, the “big pharma” argument.  You might have noticed that we have a thing called the JCVI which gives independent opinion and guidance on what is and isn’t appropriate with regards vaccination programmes.

So you think the UK's independent advisory board would reach the conclusion for vaccines to go to countries that need it most?

If we're jabbing kids for a mild strain and leaving others to die or overwhelm services around the world, not sure I agree with that. 

The only time that makes sense to me is for selfishness or financial reasons.  This is a global issue, not a UK one.

Edited by Google Bot

16 hours ago, shefcanary said:

There is the fatal flaw in a sentence - anything can happen in 4 weeks.  What a farce.

You can't become 'unvaccinated' in 4 weeks though. Which is all the vaccine passport promises to prove anyway.

Agree a lot about the system is flawed, but this is a weird angle to pick fault.

6 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

No one is suggesting the curtailment of free speech, but it is an unfortunate fact that an awful lot of dangerous misinformation is being given credence purely because it is on the internet (from all demographics). The storming of Capitol Hill showed only too graphically how conspiracy theories can escalate into something far more serious.

Unfortunately both politicians and the mainstream media have lowered their standards to a point where it is difficult to trust them, prompting people to seek alternative sources of information. If the views given in these are a closer match to their own then they are more likely to accept them as truths.

Until both politicians and the media show themselves to be trustworthy beyond reproach I don't see how this situation can be rectified. I conclude therefor that we are stuffed.

Social media isn’t a place for smart people. You have a choice whether to consume it or not much like smoking ruined lives in the 20th century.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Social media isn’t a place for smart people. You have a choice whether to consume it or not much like smoking ruined lives in the 20th century.

Exactly. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of people who don't share that view.

6 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Exactly. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of people who don't share that view.

I lack sympathy for them

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry to hear your news Corkio. 

Condolences and sympathy to you.  

Same here Corkio. All the best. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I have yet to find one code of civil liberties that  gives people the right to knowingly and selfishly risk giving others a deadly disease. This supposed erosion of civil liberties for one person is in reality a protection of the right to live for others. The  Benthamite principle applies in this case - the greatest good of the greatest number.

24 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

That's what happens with Flu ... every year you get a jab against the years worst strain. We live in an age where we can take vaccinations and they give us extra protection from dying. It's a fact of life & I'm glad I live in this period rather than say, when the Spanish Flu, killed 18 million world wide! 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

That's what happens with Flu ... every year you get a jab against the years worst strain. We live in an age where we can take vaccinations and they give us extra protection from dying. It's a fact of life & I'm glad I live in this period rather than say, when the Spanish Flu, killed 18 million world wide! 

So 20 year olds with no health conditions get flu jabs every year yeah? …

I am for the freedom of people to get Heart Ops and Cancer treatment, which is being hampered by the unvaccinated taking up hospital beds just because "it's their choice".... what about the freedoms' for those who have been waiting months, years to get seen?

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So 20 year olds with no health conditions get flu jabs every year yeah? …

Didn't say that. People should get jabs when the medical experts say it's advantageous to do so. As far as I know no 20 year old is being told to take a flu jab.

They I believe are being asked to take booster / Covid jabs to stop killing their grandparents