Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Max Arrons....

is he the most frustrating player we have? scared stiff to take a man on (although he has the ability/pace) turns and plays the ball back 95% of the time and never crosses a ball when he should. 

Perfect example, final kick of the game we had 5 in the box, he played a terrible ball to Gilmour, just get the bloody ball in the box and ask the question. 

Big problem yesterday were both full backs tbh, until Giannoulis came on and gave us some natural width, Max and Williams not taking anyone on, not getting to the byline and turning inside and playing square backwards balls. 

I think there is some overreaction to this performance- yes he was frustrating yesterday but he was excellent v Wolves and unlucky not to score along with grabbing an assist v Southampton. So under Smith he is looking more like his old self.

• Like 1

Against Wolves he created some of our best chances. He seems to swing massively between conservative and offensive, sometimes he is running at players, tricking past them and seemingly unplayable, other times he seems far too afraid to lose the ball and just turns back and plays the easy short pass.

Jamal Lewis seemed to turn Arrons into Jamal Lewis last night. 

I thought as soon s Idah was on we looked a threat in the air, so therefore get some crosses in.

Arrons decision making is one of the (many) reasons he is still here. 

I really like Aarons, but would love to see us with Williams and Dimi starting.  I just feel that they deliver so much more in terms of raw determination and bite.

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I really like Aarons, but would love to see us with Williams and Dimi starting.  I just feel that they deliver so much more in terms of raw determination and bite.

Really. Both are clearly inferior players. Would any defending get done at all?

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Really. Both are clearly inferior players. Would any defending get done at all?

Well, we would've lost last night if it wasn't for Dimi, and Williams was constantly at any threats coming down our left.  So yes, of course they would defend.   They're both class players, and not inferior (in my opinion of course).

OP "never crosses a ball when he should"...  

pretty sure he crossed for Pukki to score against Southampton...

Overreaction alarm bells ring when someone says something ALWAYS happens, or NEVER happens...

Is Aarons the MOST frustrating player we have? hmmmmmm no - i don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

Ps. learn to spell his name 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

OP "never crosses a ball when he should"...  

pretty sure he crossed for Pukki to score against Southampton...

Overreaction alarm bells ring when someone says something ALWAYS happens, or NEVER happens...

Is Aarons the MOST frustrating player we have? hmmmmmm no - i don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

Ps. learn to spell his name 

Good point re the cross for Pukki, me and my dad said to each other at the time that it must be the first time Aarons has assisted a goal for a long time, let alone hit a first time cross.

He bottled it big time against Newcastle IMO.

1 assist in 14 games from an 'attacking' full back is dire (5 or so last season), especially given the hype about him and when defending is not his strong point too.... begs the question what actually is he?

Edited by urdie_Canary

4 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

Good point re the cross for Pukki, me and my dad said to each other at the time that it must be the first time Aarons has assisted a goal for a long time, let alone hit a first time cross.

He bottled it big time against Newcastle IMO.

1 assist in 14 games from an 'attacking' full back is dire (5 or so last season), especially given the hype about him and when defending is not his strong point too.... begs the question what actually is he?

He's a very good attacking full back.

Assists is a completely meaningless stat. He's currently averaging more key passes (ie passes that lead to a chance) per game than almost anyone in the squad. 

• Like 3

The whole system is changing and even the best players will struggle to adapt overnight. New coaches, new demands. Give it a few more games for the dust to settle and hope we can grab a few points like we did on Sunday along the way.

What we don't want is anymore thrashings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's a very good attacking full back.

Assists is a completely meaningless stat. He's currently averaging more key passes (ie passes that lead to a chance) per game than almost anyone in the squad. 

but he's not is he, well not in this league. in the championship he is.

If you use your eyes to watch a game of football, there is nothing to suggest he is a very good attacking full back at premier league level. 1 good cross against Southampton doesn't mean that.

Also 'Key passes' are even more irrelevant than assists. 

23 hours ago, urdie_Canary said:

Jamal Lewis seemed to turn Arrons into Jamal Lewis last night. 

I thought as soon s Idah was on we looked a threat in the air, so therefore get some crosses in.

Arrons decision making is one of the (many) reasons he is still here. 

Lewis played very well actually, knew exactly how to prevent him going round the outside.

The lack of quality/consistency Max has in the final third will prevent him being a top wingback. He's better feeding off through balls such as against Southampton than dribbling.

2 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

but he's not is he, well not in this league. in the championship he is.

If you use your eyes to watch a game of football, there is nothing to suggest he is a very good attacking full back at premier league level. 1 good cross against Southampton doesn't mean that.

Also 'Key passes' are even more irrelevant than assists. 

No it isn't. Key passes actually shows how creative a player can be, assists is entirely at the mercy of the player on the other end of the pass/cross.

I do use my eyes, I just happen to disagree with you and I believe in the long run my view will be the one that will be borne out.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Lewis played very well actually, knew exactly how to prevent him going round the outside.

The lack of quality/consistency Max has in the final third will prevent him being a top wingback. He's better feeding off through balls such as against Southampton than dribbling.

correct 

Just now, king canary said:

No it isn't. Key passes actually shows how creative a player can be, assists is entirely at the mercy of the player on the other end of the pass/cross.

I do use my eyes, I just happen to disagree with you and I believe in the long run my view will be the one that will be borne out.

fair play. 

We don't know if he has been asked to prioritise defence. We don't know whether he has other instructions which affect his play.

My view is that he is prem quality and has good advisors that have helped him to stay and play every week and gone at the first opportunity. 

He also has Sargent in front of him who is all energy and maybe not as structured ahead as say Emi.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

My Norwich whats app group from during the match

image.thumb.png.0ecd4918b6414a418183b23031c3b694.png

Are you all illiterate? 

It was very noticeable that Max kept stopping rather than bombing forward. Personally, I think they were worried about St Maximin hitting us on the counter and Max was told not to get caught upfield. Because every other game, he has got to the goal line to cross.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It was very noticeable that Max kept stopping rather than bombing forward. Personally, I think they were worried about St Maximin hitting us on the counter and Max was told not to get caught upfield. Because every other game, he has got to the goal line to cross.

This is the thing. None of us know what the players have been told to do and it was clear to me that he was 'playing a different game' on Tuesday.

Max is quality as he has proved time and again.

On 02/12/2021 at 18:51, Nora's Ghost said:

Max is quality as he has proved time and again.

Agreed and we are lucky to have him. But I want the full Max not the 75% version!

Can't believe people would doubt Aarons. How often do teams cause us trouble down our right compared to our left?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

We've got 99 problems, but the Max ain't one.

Absolutely. These are almost certainly the same people that were criticising Pukki a few games ago. We have the weirdest fan base at times!!

Aarons is clearly one of our best players and has performed as well as anyone this season. 

"99 problems but Max ain't one" absolutely nails it.