Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

How do you think this season will pan out?

Do you think we will play better football ?

Get more than 5 points from the next 11 games ?

See a premier league survival like never seen before?

Just fail to stay up and rue our terrible start?

• Like 1

‘Better football’ is tricky - we were playing very ordinary stuff for most of the season, so you’d hope so. In terms of style, we might be a little less ‘pensive’ which may be no bad thing.

We should definitely see >5 from the next 11 games.

I don’t get this ‘we’re already down’ stuff - there’s 27 games left, and absolutely no reason why we can’t turn it round. 

• Like 1

One things for sure, we need a bounce and we need one now. The next fixtures are kind, we need to be picking up some wins or were stuffed

Probably bottom three but you never know. Should be some good noise levels in the next few games and confidence up. 

Win the next two and anything can happen. Momentum and confidence are amazing things.

• Like 1

We knew that our strategy this transfer window was to wait and negotiate to get the right players in, it has been noted by farke and Webber. It did however run the risk of those players not being ready for prem football and also redefining our style.

The first team squad, let alone first 11, is very different and needed a shake up from last year as our bench needed players who could perform in the Premier league.

I think we can get better performances and I think we will see the experience of Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare in the team. I don't think we have played our best or even better football yet. I hope cohesion comes quickly. I think we look to win the mini league, we have to start strong in the next 3 and take points off some of those teams to be in touching distance. If in January we are in touching distance I would expect a player or 2 to come in and then who knows. If injuries come to haunt us then we may fall short but we can stay up but we need a lot of things to now starting kicking into action. Cantwell, Gilmour and many others need to lift their games and let's have a go at this.

It’s going to be a really tough job to keep us up, the position we are in right now we are nailed on favourites to go down. I hope we stay up, but most important thing I personally think is if we do go down, we go down fighting.

• Like 1

Next two matches are key. Win both and it's game on, lose them then it's game over.

Smith needs time but he has even less than Farke had.

23 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s going to be a really tough job to keep us up, the position we are in right now we are nailed on favourites to go down. I hope we stay up, but most important thing I personally think is if we do go down, we go down fighting.

This. Staying up is always going to be difficult for a club with our resources. But I want to see us actually in a relegation battle, rather than cut adrift from one, as we were in 19-20 and as we looked like being under DF. 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Haha. Even more, I'd imagine. If we're competitive this season, even if we end up going down, I imagine they see him as a good choice for yet another crack at the Championship

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Haha. Even more, I'd imagine. If we're competitive this season, even if we end up going down, I imagine they see him as a good choice for yet another crack at the Championship

100%, unless he has an absolute disaster he will be in charge at least until 10 games into next season id imagine.

16 hours ago, Mullet said:

Do you think we will play better football ?

Get more than 5 points from the next 11 games ?

See a premier league survival like never seen before?

Just fail to stay up and rue our terrible start?

6 points in next 2 game no less. If not smith out 

16 hours ago, Mullet said:

Do you think we will play better football ?  Not necessarily more attractive, but more pragmatic and difficult to beat

Get more than 5 points from the next 11 games ? Yes, feeling more confident with the run to come - expect 12 to 15

See a premier league survival like never seen before?  Nah, in a month people will already have forgotten we were bottom. We will be out of the bottom 3 and people will already have changed their view of lil' ole Norwich into Smith's classy team.

Just fail to stay up and rue our terrible start?  Nah, will be finishing 14th to 16th.

If Smith can unscramble their brains and get them back to playing it simple we have every chance of climbing the league.

Who doesn't want a happy Todd back and young Sargent showing what he is capable of? Farke couldn't do it but Smith just might.

• Like 1