Jim Smith

Delia and Michael you know what to do!

Keep dreaming. The model is working far too well to consider any of that foreign money.

Just now, Ian said:

Keep dreaming. The model is working far too well to consider any of that foreign money.

Correction. It was working well. The chief person responsible for bringing through the youngsters and increasing their value (a major part of that model) has just been sacked along with his coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Correction. It was working well. The chief person responsible for bringing through the youngsters and increasing their value (a major part of that model) has just been sacked along with his coaching staff.

Indeed with Webber playing a huge part in it who i believe you admire immensely.

• Like 1

Do you know what, part of me thought looking at Delia yesterday and the timing of the announcement that just could there be a bigger development in play here? I'll keep dreaming 😄

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:
17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed with Webber playing a huge part in it who i believe you admire immensely.

I admire Webber for what he has instigated by getting Farke in.  Do I admire him for getting rid of Daniel?  That remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

To be honest with you, the way things are going even if someone comes in with £500mil we’d still be complete paupers. To see that in print, that Newcastle’s owners are worth £320 BILLION is just scary. No one will be able to touch them in 3 years or so, not Man City, Liverpool, none of them - they will literally be in their own league.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If the model is reliant on a particular head coach then the model isn't worth mentioning. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

To be honest with you, the way things are going even if someone comes in with £500mil we’d still be complete paupers. To see that in print, that Newcastle’s owners are worth £320 BILLION is just scary. No one will be able to touch them in 3 years or so, not Man City, Liverpool, none of them - they will literally be in their own league.

Just think about that.

It would take you about 30 years just to COUNT out loud from zero to ONE billion. 

Another one of those same time tomorrow.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Give it a rest!!!   He was just the first team coach.  

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Just think about that.

It would take you about 30 years just to COUNT out loud from zero to ONE billion. 

Another one of those same time tomorrow.

It’s just insane, Sparrow, the way it’s going we’re not far off the stage where even a relatively rich benefactor with say £500mil to blow on players alone will still make us look like Poundland FC. A billionaire owner will soon be seen as a pauper, that’s the way it’s going. I can only see one way we can remotely compete and that is by what we’re doing now, putting our primary focus on buying the youth that we hope will become the stars of the future, hopefully world class stars, for relatively pennies. That’s why I just try to enjoy our club for what it is, the Newcastle takeover has just taken things to another stratosphere again and that’s the brutal reality.

• Like 1

Yes he was. His job was first team coach. Every other level of the club has a different coach. They are still intact. The players that came from the under 23's where not coached by him.  BTW the rest of the club is performing well. Its just that Daniel wasn't so he had to go.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s just insane, Sparrow, the way it’s going we’re not far off the stage where even a relatively rich benefactor with say £500mil to blow on players alone will still make us look like Poundland FC. A billionaire owner will soon be seen as a pauper, that’s the way it’s going. I can only see one way we can remotely compete and that is by what we’re doing now, putting our primary focus on buying the youth that we hope will become the stars of the future, hopefully world class stars, for relatively pennies. That’s why I just try to enjoy our club for what it is, the Newcastle takeover has just taken things to another stratosphere again and that’s the brutal reality.

Its all very worrying and I can't see how it's all going to map out. Surely there will come a tipping point, I don't just mean Newcastle, I mean that is just insane, but there must come a point where something has got to give. The collapse of Sky TV maybe...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He was not "just" a coach.

He was a coach with a record of considerable success in the Championship but abject failure in the PL.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If the model is reliant on a particular head coach then the model isn't worth mentioning. 

It isn't.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Only one person can do that then? Lol 'was'.  We have had better spells at this level before Farke, these 2 seasons have been terrible prem league performance.  Alex Neil felt disappointing and he way exceeded Farkes achievement in EPL.

Webber signed Pukki and Emi.  Without those signings the coach is quite irrelevant.  So Celebrate what they all achieved as a team instead of playing coach and sporting director off against each other.

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Only one person can do that then? Lol 'was'.  We have had better spells at this level before Farke, these 2 seasons have been terrible prem league performance.  Alex Neil felt disappointing and he way exceeded Farkes achievement in EPL.

Webber signed Pukki and Emi.  Without those signings the coach is quite irrelevant.  So Celebrate what they all achieved as a team instead of playing coach and sporting director off against each other.

People have short memories, or perhaps shall we say, selective memories. 

Alex Neil did not have *major* injury problems nor a pandemic to contend with in his maiden season of Premier League football. And although he didn’t exactly have a massive transfer kitty, he did have more at his disposal than Farke’s paltry 3 and a half quid. The Pukki toe injury in December was the final nail in the coffin - and again not Daniel’s fault.

For me, and for those reasons, the jury will always be out as to what Farke’s true capabilities were as a Premier League manager. Farke was on a absolute hiding to nothing that season from all angles, and why so many fans bury their head in the sand and not acknowledge those very genuine reasons, I’ll never ever know.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He was not "just" a coach.

Stop,  he was good, not god. Ànd before you say that you didn’t actually say he was god,  we know you Lakeyo,  you handed him deity  long ago.

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

People have short memories, or perhaps shall we say, selective memories. 

Alex Neil did not have *major* injury problems nor a pandemic to contend with in his maiden season of Premier League football. And although he didn’t exactly have a massive transfer kitty, he did have more at his disposal than Farke’s paltry 3 and a half quid. The Pukki toe injury in December was the final nail in the coffin - and again not Daniel’s fault.

For me, and for those reasons, the jury will always be out as to what Farke’s true capabilities were as a Premier League manager. Farke was on a absolute hiding to nothing that season from all angles, and why so many fans bury their head in the sand and not acknowledge those very genuine reasons, I’ll never ever know.

Out of likes, but thanks for this. Exactly what I think. Farke's luck in the PL has been awful - the injuries/covid/even the fixture list at the start of this season. Why people harped on so much about the stat from two seasons ago is just bizzarre to me, after such a magnificent response to adversity last season.

And to put the record straight on stats, we have haf 5 points in the last five games. That puts at us 13th in the table for form. A point a game. Add that up over the rest of the season puts us on 32 points. Not enough maybe, but close enough to make it interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Out of likes, but thanks for this. Exactly what I think. Farke's luck in the PL has been awful - the injuries/covid/even the fixture list at the start of this season. Why people harped on so much about the stat from two seasons ago is just bizzarre to me, after such a magnificent response to adversity last season.

And to put the record straight on stats, we have haf 5 points in the last five games. That puts at us 13th in the table for form. A point a game. Add that up over the rest of the season puts us on 32 points. Not enough maybe, but close enough to make it interesting.

No worries buddy, and what happened was there for all to see. The worst phrase in the world is ‘you make your own luck’. That is only true to a certain extent. There is too much that happens in life that is beyond our control. I still maintain Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola wouldn’t have got us through that season under the same circumstances.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We were projecting to get 17 points this season. 11 games, regardless of mitigating early season factors, was long enough to ascertain our direction of travel. 

If we'd shown any fight in some of those games (particularly Citeh and Chelsea), I'd be feeling much more sympathetic. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

We were projecting to get 17 points this season. 11 games, regardless of mitigating early season factors, was long enough to ascertain our direction of travel. 

If we'd shown any fight in some of those games (particularly Citeh and Chelsea), I'd be feeling much more sympathetic. 

But it's all unknowns, isn't it? The form table - which so many people take as a guide to how things are going  - doesn't lie. Over the last five games we are 13th, which suggests an improvement. Win either of the next games- or both - and we are on track, form wise, to stay up....

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It wasn’t for Burnley last season though, was it? Didn’t win a game for their first 10, Dyche under massive pressure, but then they won their first game, got the monkey off their back and the rest was history. Regardless, we’ll never know now either way, and can only hope we get someone who can hit the ground running 🙏

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It was less those games that did for Farke than the home games against Watford & Leeds. A point from each of those and Farke would still be here with us only two points from safety rather than six.

The main point is that, according to the report, this Japanese outfit seems determined to invest in an English club.

With Delia not budging, it will inevitably mean that some other club, probably below us in the current hierarchy, will benefit and eventually overtake us.

It is now my conviction that if the old couple are allowed to carry on in their current role for too much longer then they will eventually condemn our club and its support to permanent mediocrity.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 3