Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Favourite Farke Moments

Now he’s gone I can’t help but reflect on all the great moments he gave us. His legacy is secured as truly one of our greatest managers which I’m happy about

Theres lots of great Individual moments I’ll remember from Farke but one that came to me immediately after I heard the news yesterday was the game last year that we had won and he stood with Omibamidele in the Center circle after the game just talking with him, giving him pointers, encouraging him. Even in a stadium where everyone was happy and wanted his attention he made is obvious that the only person important to him was Andrew. He took the time and I think he did with all of the young players. 

I think this encouragement of youth is his true legacy, may it long continue.

image.jpeg.08ba61c79441256224c40ea5e6e6a23b.jpeg

• Like 4

The one where he got us promoted twice, only to have his best player sold and replaced with a bunch of dross. And then got sacked when the results were predictably poor.

Sorry, still a bit bitter about yesterday.

Keira Knightley.

Seriously, the win at Spurs in the cup. Academy grads scoring outstanding penalties in front of that huge home terrace in the shoot out. Krul running the length of the pitch. One of my best nights in 35 years as a fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I think this encouragement of youth is his true legacy, may it long continue

This is a lovely post btw and a very nice tribute to the great man. Am out of likes, so have a comment instead.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

This is a lovely post btw and a very nice tribute to the great man. Am out of likes, so have a comment instead.

Cheers pal. I’m just happy his legacy is secured there’s no bad feeling. Rare that a manager gets to leave not under a massive cloud.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Cheers pal. I’m just happy his legacy is secured there’s no bad feeling. Rare that a manager gets to leave not under a massive cloud.

Yes, agree totally. There's a lot of angst about the way it was done but in a perverse way I think they did him a favour. Just about the last thing he did as City manager was the olé wave with the away fans: what a glorious way to go. Far better than amid a chorus of boos after a limp defeat to Southampton.

• Like 1

2017-18 Maddison; just sublime.

2018-19 Millwall. Ipswich. Sheff Weds. Swansea away. Buendia; also sublime.

2019-20 Newcastle. Man City.

2020-21 First half v Huddersfield. Brentford at home. 20 minutes v Bournemouth until Gianni got red carded.

• Like 1

I loved his crazy analogies that would go proper off piste. Or when he’d give a 25 minute answer to a question to some idiot journo that all other managers would likely answer in one sentence, to presumably leave the journo on wishing they’d never asked.

Time is right to move on, Herr Farke is a the City legend. I will miss him for sure but right now we mustn’t get too addicted to the topic.

• Like 1

I’ll always remember what Farke said about Wes when he left

”I feel really blessed and thankful to have been his coach," said Farke. "It's been a big pleasure to work with Wes, not only because of his ability but also because of his personality.

"I've made it clear before just how much I would have appreciated working with him when he was 26, because he's an unbelievable player. He's a club legend already, and we know he will be even more of a legend in the future."

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Time is right to move on, Herr Farke is a the City legend. I will miss him for sure but right now we mustn’t get too addicted to the topic.

Anyhow

Adding to @sgncfc's post (thanks). Additions in bold.

2017-18 Maddison; just sublime.

2018-19 Millwall. Ipswich and the wink. Sheff Weds. Forest. Swansea away. Leeds away. Buendia/Pukki. Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons.

2019-20 Newcastle. Man City. Spurs in the cup.

2020-21 First half v Huddersfield. Brentford at home. Giannoulis' foul throw. 20 minutes v Bournemouth until Gianni got red carded.

Keira Knightly and the bus driver. Separately, of course!

Oh, and the video footage of Farke singing “Allez allez allez” after our first title win.

Priceless. We’ll never have another like him in so many respects.

Lucky to be at Villa Park, promoted as Champions.

Remember the banner - “Thanks for the magic”.

Great thread @The Real Buh

That there's so many iconic moments in just a few seasons is testament to how special its been under him.

I'm even more gutted we couldn't be there last season.

Farke has been my favourite ever manager in every way from playing style, personality, humbleness and a genuine love for our club that other successful managers like Lambert simply didn't have.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Keira Knightley.

Seriously, the win at Spurs in the cup. Academy grads scoring outstanding penalties in front of that huge home terrace in the shoot out. Krul running the length of the pitch. One of my best nights in 35 years as a fan.

Screenshot_20211107-125414.png

Looking back the put down he delivered to Nelson Oliveria after Fulham was class. 

The important thing is the name on the front of the shirt not the name on the back.

was true then and will always be true.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Now he’s gone I can’t help but reflect on all the great moments he gave us. His legacy is secured as truly one of our greatest managers which I’m happy about

Whatever you say about Farke, somebody is going to put together one hell of an entertaining YouTube highlights reel of his time at the club.

Might even top the Fozzy Flick IMO.

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Great thread @The Real Buh

That there's so many iconic moments in just a few seasons is testament to how special its been under him.

I'm even more gutted we couldn't be there last season.

Farke has been my favourite ever manager in every way from playing style, personality, humbleness and a genuine love for our club that other successful managers like Lambert simply didn't have.

Absolutely this. Great coach but an even better person.

The inspiration for a great YouTube song

And ‘Farke’s on a horse’ which I used to sing to myself during games in the last ****ty lockdown to get me through. 

Special.