The ***official*** Farke out poll

In or out?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should farke stay or go?

• Farke in
    • Farke out
    • Farke shake it all about

41 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Man, you guys are cool. Was the Warhammer shop closed today?

😅😅

Weird deflecting go-to but I sort of rate it!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Pretty sure I voted out, haven’t changed my mind about that just because Smith’s dull. They aren’t mutually exclusive issues.

Pretty much this. 👆👍

• Like 2

On 24/10/2021 at 17:48, Mike w said:

I do not see any appointed new manager turning it round with these mostly second rate players. How many have played consistently in Premier League. On the money the players get and for the dross they gave us yesterday , they seem not proud to wear yellow shirt.

What other occupation can you earn so much cash and only aszked to work at your best for a few hours a week on match days We have let some players go in the summer who were rated not good enough players for PL only to be replaced by third tier players at best.

Some of the new additions were plying their trade at the bottom end of second tier clubs in Europe like bringing in Milton K Dons players who probably would put a bit more grit  in their play. 

This was the last post until this thread's resurrection. By rights, @Mike wdeserves an award for this one!

I can't see how I voted but suspect it would have been 'out'.

Regardless of where we end up this season I think it was the right thing to do. Whilst the way he was sacked left a sour taste in the mouth, there were some pretty scandalous performances up until that point. There was no way back with that particular group of players.

17 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

I’ve still seen nothing to suggest we will get promoted. We’re sitting 4th 

I know it's slightly out of context but this really made me chuckle

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Why? 4th isn’t a promotion position….

You said you've seen nothing. If you're 4th that's factually incorrect. You earn a chance for promotion if you're 6th - 3rd.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You said you've seen nothing. If you're 4th that's factually incorrect. You earn a chance for promotion if you're 6th - 3rd.

I’ve seen nothing in our performances this season, especially in those against the better teams in this league to suggest we could navigate through the play offs. If you have then that’s up to you

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I’ve seen nothing in our performances this season, especially in those against the better teams in this league to suggest we could navigate through the play offs. If you have then that’s up to you

That's fine. Plenty said Farkes first season suggested relegation the next. Then it was claims we would never bounce back.

Now it's the same posters who said on this thread that the absolute best we can hope for is playoffs this season, criticising Smith for having us..in the playoffs.

It's what fans do.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

😅😅

Weird deflecting go-to but I sort of rate it!

Isn't digging up threads over a year old to try and prove you're right and other people are wrong weird deflecting? I mean, it's a few other things too, but weird deflecting is definitely on the list.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Isn't digging up threads over a year old to try and prove you're right and other people are wrong weird deflecting? I mean, it's a few other things too, but weird deflecting is definitely on the list.

I was the one who bumped this and that wasn't the reason. I am posted the reason which was to avoid anymore rewriting of history. Nothing to do with posters being right or wrong. I didn't even read the posts.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't know, I didnt dig it up. But I did read it and see that even with Farke in charge you thought we were capable of playoffs "at best" this season, and Dean Smith has us 4th. Those be the facts, Warhammer deflections or not 🙃

The only obvious points to come out of this thread are that those who think Deano is doing OK still do.

And those who think he is doing a poor job, and by the OP, worse than DF, still do.

The only certainties at this stage are that DF got us promoted twice and Deano has us in a play off spot at the moment.

And of course, they were both in charge of a Norwich side that was relegated from the EPL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't know, I didnt dig it up. But I did read it and see that even with Farke in charge you thought we were capable of playoffs "at best" this season, and Dean Smith has us 4th. Those be the facts, Warhammer deflections or not 🙃

Yes, at a particular point months ago, probably shortly after a defeat (I guess you can check if you have time between painting Orcs). I'm sure everyone on here has said something in the heat of the moment that they may not have done if they were thinking rationally, a hard thing for football fans passionate about their club to do.

Fortunately for you guys, I have a life. But if this gives you a little buzz then fill your boots. But I hate to tell you, 13 month ago me thinking we'd be playoffs at best doesn't actually change the fact that taking a team favourites for automatic promotion to the playoffs at best isn't great. And that's before you factor in our pretty turgid displays despite having players not even on the bench who'd make almost all our rivals starting XIs.

Digging up threads for a little point and a tehehe is classic deflecting away from those points. And also terribly sad.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The only obvious points to come out of this thread are that those who think Deano is doing OK still do.

And those who think he is doing a poor job, and by the OP, worse than DF, still do.

The only certainties at this stage are that DF got us promoted twice and Deano has us in a play off spot at the moment.

And of course, they were both in charge of a Norwich side that was relegated from the EPL.

I agree with that except the omitting of the Emi factor. 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I agree with that except the omitting of the Emi factor. 

I'm not sure you can include Emi or else we have to widen it to any of the players in each squad.

For instance, SKY had the second leg victory against the Binners on this afternoon. I don't know how much they cost but considerably less than the current team. And I would wager they would eat today's lineup. I always argue with my son that Wes was as good as Emi, if not better, for starters.

Ruddy, Whittaker, Bassong, Martin Ollson, Tettey, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan, Redmond, Jerome.

What do you reckon?

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm not sure you can include Emi or else we have to widen it to any of the players in each squad.

For instance, SKY had the second leg victory against the Binners on this afternoon. I don't know how much they cost but considerably less than the current team. And I would wager they would eat today's lineup. I always argue with my son that Wes was as good as Emi, if not better, for starters.

Ruddy, Whittaker, Bassong, Martin Ollson, Tettey, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan, Redmond, Jerome.

What do you reckon?

Happy days.

That team would beat this lot. Not so sure they'd beat the 2019ers, it would be close.

Not Deano's fault though.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy days.

That team would beat this lot. Not so sure they'd beat the 2019ers, it would be close.

Not Deano's fault though.

That is where you and I differ Double N. I think he could be doing better.

37 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, at a particular point months ago, probably shortly after a defeat (I guess you can check if you have time between painting Orcs). I'm sure everyone on here has said something in the heat of the moment that they may not have done if they were thinking rationally, a hard thing for football fans passionate about their club to do.

Fortunately for you guys, I have a life. But if this gives you a little buzz then fill your boots. But I hate to tell you, 13 month ago me thinking we'd be playoffs at best doesn't actually change the fact that taking a team favourites for automatic promotion to the playoffs at best isn't great. And that's before you factor in our pretty turgid displays despite having players not even on the bench who'd make almost all our rivals starting XIs.

Digging up threads for a little point and a tehehe is classic deflecting away from those points. And also terribly sad.

Again I didnt dig up the thread but there's no need to be this embarrassed about it fella 🙃

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That is where you and I differ Double N. I think he could be doing better.

Well I'm hoping he does do better. As we're 4th going into the halfway point changing him would be a bigger gamble than if we were mid-table or worse. I guess it depends how good you think this squad is. I'm with you and don't think they're as good as the team from 2015. They finished 3rd.

Thankfully I don't have to roll the dice.

Would you think the 2015 team with Deano in charge would still beat this team if they were managed by Alex? I do.

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

no need to be this embarrassed about it fella

A very strong whiff of projection there fella.

Edited by canarydan23

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A very strong whiff of projection there fella.

Whatever you need to get over a forum post you made, not sure why it would bother you so much 🙃 we all post stuff on here.

It does raise an interesting point. At that point in the season you spoke with some certainty about how under Farke we would be "playoffs at best" this season...

I wonder, considering you've been vocal about how much worse the rest of that season was under Smith and you wanting him gone this season, what suddenly changed you to thinking we should be automatic promotion candidates?

Was it purely because the bookies told you so? That would be a...unique way of basing all your football opinions...

I guess the result of all this is that if Smith was sacked or resigned then our new manager would within 6 months have the same people wanting him out as wanted Smith and Farke ( and Southgate ) out, whilst others will show him support.

For the record I voted in because I felt there was no manager for ‘ our club ‘ that could do any better, but hey ho those who wanted him out called me a happy clapper ( whatever that means ). 

I voted to keep Farke, but certainly understand why he was sacked, though didn’t agree with the way and timing of that occurrence.

It would have been interesting if we had known that Farke was going to be replaced with a sacked Dean Smith had the vote numbers have changed!

9 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Why? 4th isn’t a promotion position….

A playoff position is a promotion position if you win the playoffs and an automatic promotion slot by the end of the season is still plausible.

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

I voted to keep Farke, but certainly understand why he was sacked, though didn’t agree with the way and timing of that occurrence.

It would have been interesting if we had known that Farke was going to be replaced with a sacked Dean Smith had the vote numbers have changed!

That's quite an interesting idea: talk to prospective new managers all of the time, and if the board like one, put it to the club season ticket holders whether they'd like them to replace the existing manager. If no, then no new proposals until a new contender comes up.

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

A playoff position is a promotion position if you win the playoffs and an automatic promotion slot by the end of the season is still plausible.

Of cause it’s still plausible, performances on the pitch don’t reflect that though. We’re the same points distance away from 13th as we are from 2nd. Could easily go either way 

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Suddenly? This is a post from over a year ago. Suddenly?! Deary me.

I can understand completely why you wouldn't answer the question.

Ironically your response does answer it for me 🙃