Capt. Pants

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Arsenal ****

34 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No - that's not accurate; the rules were changed about that sometime ago.

The goal was very, very messy - difficult to see who did or didn't touch it before Aubameyang.

OTBC

Please provide a link to the change in rules. The general view on the media is that it was offside

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

God, I hope you're not touching yourself as you type this. 

Accurate.

Don't worry all, I am sure we will get the same "yes the decision was incorrect, we're very sorry" message again from PMGOL so you can rest easy tonight.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

God, I hope you're not touching yourself as you type this. 

No - but you have to admit it is concerning. Here is our current record at this level. 
LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
we are rooted to the foot of the table. We don’t have a single point, we haven’t scored in open play. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No - but you have to admit it is concerning. Here is our current record at this level. 
LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
we are rooted to the foot of the table. We don’t have a single point, we haven’t scored in open play. 

You’re a hit at parties, and only show up on the forum when **** hits the fan. It’s like you enjoy revelling in the negative energy!

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What do you want me to say/ what an exciting start to the season! I loved nearly scoring and how we only lost by one 

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Just wondering why anybody thinks it's relevant to compare the season before lady's results when we had a significantly different squad?

Seems a bit irrelevant unless you are trying to put a negative spin on things?

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He wasn't.

2:15 on this video makes it crystal clear. Pepe's touched it, Aubameyang's clearly behind the ball at that point - it's legit.

https://youtu.be/yGXVFA0lKzQ

Just now, Ian said:

Just wondering why anybody thinks it's relevant to compare the season before lady's results when we had a significantly different squad?

Seems a bit irrelevant unless you are trying to put a negative spin on things?

It’s entirely relevant. We were told things would be different this time round. How can we judge progress if we are not allowed to look at the last outing in this division for comparison? 

but LLLL is just as bleak. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s entirely relevant. We were told things would be different this time round. How can we judge progress if we are not allowed to look at the last outing in this division for comparison? 

I understand that, thanks. However, you're not comparing, you're acting as if the chain of 14 losses is a row, or whatever it is has any sort of relevance.

Had there been a couple of wins at the end of last season, what would you say about our progress then?

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

When you looked at the fixture list, how many did you think we would have? I was optimistic and had us down for 2 points. Get beaten by Watford and I'll be worried. We won't know if things are different until we have played a meaningful number of fixtures against a fairly representative sample of this league.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

At the point Pepe plays the ball Aubameyang is offside

Not on the ricochet.

First shot, Aubameyang is onside.
Second shot, Williams gets a piece of it as it hits the post. At that point Aubameyang was off, however...

Watch the replay in full. You'll see the ball comes back, and hits an unwitting Pepe again before going across to Aubameyang. When THAT touch is made, Aubameyang is onside as Pepe was closer to the byeline when the ball hit him. The judgement is from there.

It's a rare set of circumstances, but it is legit.

Just now, 1902 said:

When you looked at the fixture list, how many did you think we would have? I was optimistic and had us down for 2 points. Get beaten by Watford and I'll be worried. We won't know if things are different until we have played a meaningful number of fixtures against a fairly representative sample of this league.

Don’t forget that last time we took points against the big boys and failed against those around us…let’s hope the same doesn’t happen this time or records will be broken 

A lot to like about the game. I thought Williams had some great moments but clearly tired and may have got a knock. Tzolis also looked a real threat, nice touches from Dowell.

On the negative side Krul’s distribution is becoming a real problem. Far too many times we were out immediately under pressure - but was bailed out by his shot stopping. Rupp appeared a weak point to me again although we conceded after the shape changed. More concerning is how Pukki fits into the team now. He isn’t really an out ball when we’re under pressure and we’re not creating the chances he thrives on. 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not on the ricochet.

First shot, Aubameyang is onside.
Second shot, Williams gets a piece of it as it hits the post. At that point Aubameyang was off, however...

Watch the replay in full. You'll see the ball comes back, and hits an unwitting Pepe again before going across to Aubameyang. When THAT touch is made, Aubameyang is onside as Pepe was closer to the byeline when the ball hit him. The judgement is from there.

It's a rare set of circumstances, but it is legit.

Yeah and Michael Oliver is a godlike genius with hawk like vision and a photographic memory so from standing 20 yards away he saw all that everybody else has to watch a close up replay of and even then it's sketchy. We should all be grateful for Oliver's vision, he is the next step in our evolutionary phase

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Yeah and Michael Oliver is a godlike genius with hawk like vision and a photographic memory so from standing 20 yards away he saw all that everybody else has to watch a close up replay of and even then it's sketchy. We should all be grateful for Oliver's vision, he is the next step in our evolutionary phase

Was fairly clear from here that Aubameyang was on. Assistant's dead level as well.

image.thumb.png.eaf15e60c280eb9ef2c75344876f315a.png

We seriously have to go back to 4-2-3-1 or playing Pukki is pointless. Sure we might get rinsed some games but we don't currently look like scoring in a month of Sundays. I'd love Todd to get a go there with Normann and Gilmour behind him

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Was fairly clear from here that Aubameyang was on. Assistant's dead level as well.

So basically, it's Krul's fault for saving the ball the wrong way then. Glad we established the offside rule is so robust.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

So basically, it's Krul's fault for saving the ball the wrong way then. Glad we established the offside rule is so robust.

Strawman. Who said that? The last touch was from Pepe as it squirmed across, so you need to check where Aubameyang is at that point. He was half-a-yard on.

The offside rule is a mess, and I'll maintain it's impossible to apply at local level football with any degree of consistency or efficiency as it stands, but that's a different story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Your kidding right? 

Everyone football fan I know always expects us to finish 20th in the EPL. Cannon fodder is a term I hear alot..

Couldn't give a monkey's about what you may or may not hear. It's likely to be inaccurate going on previous posts.

As for relegation, we are favourites for relegation - no shocks there. Anyone with a couple of brain cells would have told you that before the summer, half way through the summer and at the end of it.

Most people outside of Norfolk barely pay our club much attention, they don't look into what we do in any real depth. That's no surprise - it's how our county is generally treated as well. Hence we get talksh!t radio erm, hosts, jabber a load of absolute unresearched b0ll*cks about us.

Why does anyone genuinely expect to see or hear otherwise from fans of other clubs? There are a good ten teams in the premier league who will, with good reason, see a promoted team and be eyeing 6points from them. Any of them.

You just have to be more logical about these things. If you live outside of Norfolk you must know how generally it is unpopular, rarely in conversations and rarely a big draw destination. If you are from Norfolk, or have friends here, you'll know that generally, that's just how we like it. It's nice, it's peaceful, it's got an old world slow pace of life. I have been elsewhere, I have seen elsewhere, I have lived elsewhere - and I am quite happy for people who have never been, never researched, or never looked into Norfolk, or our club, to slag them off. Why? Because I'd rather keep it the way it is than to have a sudden population boom that pushes our wonderfully rural county into a more congested and population demanding space. I like that we are always the underdog as a club, just like we are always an underdog as a county, and as a part of the population.

Anyone that knows anything though, knows that few places are truly better for many things. And our club is much, much better than people may give it any credit for. So far as I can see, we are still yet to break £10m in signing a player. When we start playing our genuine competitors in this league, then we can truly start to worry if things don't go our way. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's not the shot though is it? That's the challenge on Krul following the shot. 

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

That's not the shot though is it? That's the challenge on Krul following the shot. 

It's Pepe's touch after the rebound from that shot. It's clear from that view that he's half-a-yard behind the ball, and by definition onside. It's the equivalent of playing a ball across goal for a tap-in, flukey though that one was.

Edited by TheGunnShow