Loving the look of the squad and the way it is shaping up with several top class young players on our books. We could be one of the youngest sides in the PL this season and could quite possibly have eight or nine players on the pitch in a match who are under 23.   Youth, athleticism and strength, not to mention technical ability and skill - may not be enough to win the league (well, you never know 🙂 ), but with Farke's abilities it should be an exciting season nevertheless!

• Like 1

Certainly looking forward to getting back in the swing of things, and some live football, seeing the new signings etc. .

Always nice to get a good start, but not sure the fixtures have been kind to us in that regard, but we will see! 

Dont like the initials of your post though LDC, makes me think of someone else! 😉 

• Like 1

Experienced spine to the team and most of the young players have far more top level experience than what we had last time.  Still a couple of players away but it's looking exciting.

• Like 1

Surely we are all looking forward to seeing new signings playing for us?

But how many will start on Saturday?

PLM and Gilmour I would expect will be the only two.

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Loving the look of the squad and the way it is shaping up with several top class young players on our books. We could be one of the youngest sides in the PL this season and could quite possibly have eight or nine players on the pitch in a match who are under 23.   Youth, athleticism and strength, not to mention technical ability and skill - may not be enough to win the league (well, you never know 🙂 ), but with Farke's abilities it should be an exciting season nevertheless!

"You'll win nothing with kids!"  😉😉 

• Haha 1

Lots of online predictions have us 20th - they just roll out the classic 'yo-yo' club, haven't invested in the squad of players etc - this plus the loss of Buendia (and Skipp to a certain extent) and they can't see any scenario we aren't 20th - 

Not sure about anyone else but this really fires me up - back Farke to the hill to prove them all wrong and keep us up

OTBC

Probably because we haven't bought a DM and the media don't really bother with us much so they are ignorant and lazy guesses. With a DM iI'm pretty hopeful of staying up, without it may be pretty tough unless the Farke Firepower just outscores the oppo.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not looking forward to seeing us get battered every other week, but hopefuly we pull of some good wins now and again to keep the good spirits and manage to survive

Hate to agree…but I must until proven otherwise.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Exciting...well i really hope so Lakey..but for now this is the reality of where we are..on a run of 10 consecutive Prem defeats...in those 10 games we scored 1 goal and conceded 24..the record streak of defeats in the Prem is held by Sunderland  back in 02-03 at 15...and sure enough the computer hit us with the hardest possible start to the new season...i would be  over the moon to get 1 point in  the first 5 games, its not a record i wish on City.

Anyways, i do agree that up front is looking exciting...Pierre and Billy Gilmour already showed glimpses that they will be good for us and im so looking  forward to seeing Rashica, Sargent and Tzolis added to Cantwell, Dowell and Teemu..it could be somewhat testing period until these new guys get up to speed but if they can click as a team at some point in the season then we could  be about to see some real great times at our club. Reserve any judgement on our defence until end of the month.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Top 4 minimum requirement. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Top 4 minimum requirement. 

No targets, just aims - and the aim is to do the best we can, which means we end up as high as we are good enough for. That could be 20th, 17th, 7th, 4th or even 1st.   

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No targets, just aims - and the aim is to do the best we can, which means we end up as high as we are good enough for. That could be 20th, 17th, 7th, 4th or even 1st.   

First please Lakey with more points than Leicester got. 

Let's be honest, if winning is the be all and end all of your aspirations as a fan, then City are certainly not the club for you. Dye your scarf a shade of blue or red and take your pick, you'll be an awful lot happier. Of course I want us to win every game we play but my continued life-long support for the club is not remotely conditional on its success rate. Frankly I'm astonsihed at the successes achieved within the relatively short timespan of the current regime, the quality of football that has graced CR has been enthralling. But most of all I'm delighted with the club ethos that has directed that progress.

The "self-funding" clearly doesn't appeal to those on this site who would prefer the higher risk gamble of accumulating significant debt to purchase "big name" players to "ensure" survival in the PL. There is no need for me to name the long list the clubs whose fans now regret their club took that pathway. Me? I'm in happy clapping heaven as I contemplate the fact that in all my years of support, the club has never looked more financially stable while at the same time having accumulated the most talented squad of players in its history, and playing the best football I can remember. No doubt I shall be using the expletive "FFS" a lot more this year than last, but I hope I manage to keep reminding myself why the current NCFC brand is regarded by most the vast majority of commentators on the current state of football in the UK (and elsewhere) as the paradigm of how a football club (outside of the elite few) should be run. 

• Like 3

With Williams and even younger looking squad. The team below is all 23 or under apart from Gunn 25, Gibson 28.  I know Cantwell may not be a natural number 10, but wonder how well this team would do.

Gunn

Aarons Omobamidele Gibson Williams

Gilmour Soreneson

Sargent          Cantwell          Tzolis

Idah

I do wonder why Sorensen doesn't get more game time......does really well wherever and whenever on the pitch.....

It would be a great team for the Championship, but early evidence shows that in the EPL it would get rinsed.

I love to see us play young players mind, so if we can find an U23 as good as Hanley and a U23 version of Tettey (or Jorginho 😂) it would look a bit better.

You'll never win anything with kids......... 

EDIT : damn should have clicked on Sheffields link before posting 😂

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

With Williams and even younger looking squad. The team below is all 23 or under apart from Gunn 25, Gibson 28.  I know Cantwell may not be a natural number 10, but wonder how well this team would do.

Gunn

Aarons Omobamidele Gibson Williams

Gilmour Soreneson

Sargent          Cantwell          Tzolis

Idah

I do wonder why Sorensen doesn't get more game time......does really well wherever and whenever on the pitch.....

Are you on drugs?