Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Please Sort It Out Yet Again Peter The Deleter Part 5.

I’m calling for a mass exodus… season starts next weekend. Getting bored of this

32 minutes ago, Vazzza said:

I’m calling for a mass exodus… season starts next weekend. Getting bored of this

Do you know of any other Norwich City related forums? Asking for a friend.

I wonder why it always seems to happen on a weekend. Increased traffic maybe

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

If there was a half-decent alternative we’d have gone there by now.

If everyone goes somewhere doesn’t that make it better? It can’t be this amazing platform is better than the others? 

Just now, Vazzza said:

If everyone goes somewhere doesn’t that make it better? It can’t be this amazing platform is better than the others? 

This forum technically is a total joke. The problem would be getting everyone to move over to a new forum so you keep the community together. 
Anyone with a bit of IT nous could spin a new one up with minimal effort.

What happened to that other forum someone set up? 🤔

Does anyone remember a forum called The Nest about 15 years ago? Pretty decent but short-lived.

Just had a record I think, 9 refreshes to get onto a page! See if you can beat that 👆

I can’t view my notifications or post images either, no matter how many times I try, which is new.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Maybe tagging @Pete Raven

That proved fruitless during Part 4 of this nonsense. I also understand Twatter and Facebook to the Pinkun also had no response together with a PM to Peter The Deleter.

19 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

What happened to that other forum someone set up? 🤔

Does anyone remember a forum called The Nest about 15 years ago? Pretty decent but short-lived.

Paul got too bust to carry on with The Nest when he got a new job. Was a good site though. 

*busy not bust, that would have been a crap job 😂, and of course this forum won't let me edit it at the moment. 

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That proved fruitless during Part 4 of this nonsense. I also understand Twatter and Facebook to the Pinkun also had no response together with a PM to Peter The Deleter.

Afraid I was on annual leave for Part 4 and don't use Facebook. I've asked IT to fix the problem and to see if it wouldn't be too much trouble to fix it permanently.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Afraid I was on annual leave for Part 4 and don't use Facebook. I've asked IT to fix the problem and to see if it wouldn't be too much trouble to fix it permanently.

Thanks, Pete. In the interest of transparency and 'building communities', will you be able to let us know if and when they think they might be able to implement a permanent fix?

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks, Pete. In the interest of transparency and 'building communities', will you be able to let us know if and when they think they might be able to implement a permanent fix?

Of course I will.

17 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Pete, I have asked this before but got no response. What is the problem?

You never know, one of the posters on here might be able to come up with a solution as it seems your IT team can’t.

Not having a dig at the IT team, just hoping we have a genius amongst us.

Just a bit of background for those who aren't as au fait with IT: the forum uses software written and maintained by a third-party, and runs on servers owned and maintained by a different third-party. And probably  communicates with other services over network links owned and maintained by many other third-parties.

So while it's of course up to Pete/Archant to monitor the performance and status of the service,  report problems and push suppliers for resolution, much of it will be out of their hands.