He's not really a 10. More of a deep-lying playmaker. The player Leitner should have been.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Uhhhh

A- He's a number 8 not 10

B- Even if he is coming it wont be announced until next week due his chinese cough and sneeze test being positive

Come on, let's not trivialise something that's killed over a million people worldwide as "chinese cough and sneeze", shall we? 

7 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Come on, let's not trivialise something that's killed over a million people worldwide as "chinese cough and sneeze", shall we? 

Pretty sure the term itself is censored right?

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pretty sure the term itself is censored right?

That isn't why you called it that. 

Own the fact that you made a pr!ck comment about something that's taken so many lives in the interest of trying to be funny.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

That isn't why you called it that. 

Own the fact that you made a pr!ck comment about something that's taken so many lives in the interest of trying to be funny.

If you're that desperate for a pound of flesh just go to the ****ing butchers.

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Ah Dan, ever the Midas touch

Sure. Good luck getting an apology or climbdown or whatever it is you feel you need from a stranger on the Internet. I'm sure it'll make you feel much better about yourself.

• Haha 1

It would be a positive sign(ing) all round. A measure of how well the club is seen, that the player will gain from being with us - and it gives us another promising youngster, as with Skipp, without the financial burden

This way it allows us to focus on a few quality signings, while progressing others at relatively low cost (McLean, Sorensen, Dowell, Mumba, Idah etc). If the player is 'not up to it, then we are not stuck with them as,  Roberts, Amadou and Duda.

49 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

You're right, we shouldn't trivialize a disease that has a 99% survival rate. We should over hype it and use it to chip away at the rights our great-grandparents fought to secure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You're right, we shouldn't trivialize a disease that has a 99% survival rate. We should over hype it and use it to chip away at the rights our great-grandparents fought to secure.

Spot on. I can see it now, my great grandad ready to storm Juno beach thinking "I'm in this so people don't have to wear masks in Tesco and are allowed to eat in at Frankie and Benny's with anyone they bloody like."

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

It's OK, the VIPs who go to euro semis at Wembley won't have to isolate or quarantine at all. Effing joke and laughable this country.

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

...still, good news about Billy Gilmour.

That depends, what are his views on forcing care home staff to be vaccinated?

11 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

As above, they didn't fight for our rights to do as we please for our own gratification and convenience regardless of the impact on others. Otherwise, why have any laws at all?

I'm also interested in what the survival rate is if left to spread un-hindered. My understanding is the restrictions are to protect the healthcare providers' capacity to provide life-saving treatment, rather than because the new virus is especially deadly in itself. It's the proliferation that's the issue, not so much the outright deadliness of the disease. 

Edited by Chip20
Mis-use of a word and fat fingers.
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I'm sure you'd be peddling this sort of nonsense if one of your loved ones had died from it.

21 minutes ago, crab man said:

Not good enough for us, why all the pant wetting. We need Skipp back. 

You think Billy Gilmour isn't good enough for us? 

Bonkers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That depends, what are his views on forcing care home staff to be vaccinated?

If he has any loved ones living in a care hone, I would imagine he’s all for it.

1% of the Worlds population is 70 million.

If anyone thinks that is an acceptable attrition rate then they need to have a severe word with themselves.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I'm sure you'd be peddling this sort of nonsense if one of your loved ones had died from it.

You're probably right. In fact I wouldn't be pedaling this "nonsense" if anyone I know had even caught the world's most deadly disease, let alone died from it. But yet here we are 18 months later and I still haven't met anyone who's caught it. That's probably been because I haven't been allowed to mix with other people though.

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You're probably right. In fact I wouldn't be pedaling this "nonsense" if anyone I know had even caught the world's most deadly disease, let alone died from it. But yet here we are 18 months later and I still haven't met anyone who's caught it. That's probably been because I haven't been allowed to mix with other people though.

You are very fortunate. I know of a man I'm friends with who lost his wife. She suffered from bronchitis her entire life. Leaves behind a 7yr old daughter whose mother was her world. 

Sorry I called your view "nonsense" but I just worry that 1% you speak of who do succumb to this virus will be forgotten as they are "only 1%" - when in reality they are people whose families are destroyed by this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

You are very fortunate. I know of a man I'm friends with who lost his wife. She suffered from bronchitis her entire life. Leaves behind a 7yr old daughter whose mother was her world. 

Sorry I called your view "nonsense" but I just worry that 1% you speak of who do succumb to this virus will be forgotten as they are "only 1%" - when in reality they are people whose families are destroyed by this. 

Why ever would you feel you need to apologise for calling him out. It’s far worse than nonsense. It’s totally disgusting, selfish and ignorant . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Why ever would you feel you need to apologise for calling him out. It’s far worse than nonsense. It’s totally disgusting, selfish and ignorant . 

Well for one, I know others do have differing views to myself. Doesn't make his views "nonsense". 

Anyway, let's get back on topic.