Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

'It's a fantastic stadium, massive club with great history'

He said it, he said the thing! They eating it up as always too. Someone really needs to start a 'Huge club/huge stadium/huge history' etc binner checklist, swear everyone who has ever even so much as looked at the club has had to read the exact same script at gunpoint.

massive.png

Grr pesky Ipswich have got 'Hambiton, why havent we? Stonking rich American owners when? 😡😡😡

😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

It's like they're given a cue card to read, the new Manager said it, the new CEO said it, now they've got incoming players,  most have never heard of, tagging it on to their interviews.

Of course, as you say, the delusional will lap this up, how, with so few words,  they will adopt these no marks as one of their own....

They're being linked with anyone who can tie laces at the moment, Cook had better know what he's doing, it's easy to blow a 40 million warchest on rubbish,  it's been done plenty of times before........

Here's hoping 👍 

"It's a fantastic stadium, massive club with great history"

I'm sure I saw this graffiti inscribed in Latin somewhere:

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To be fair, they say that about our ground and some of it is over 40 years old. Wonderful stadium, great supporters, top club, looking forward to working with the players and coaching staff and a wonderful place for my family to grow up in.

Then they are sold a year later.

Who the Tom Tuck is he???? Thought they were signing Messi or the like now they're supposedly minted??? 😂

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

When are they announcing Drogba? 😂

As soon as they have confirmed that George Best cannot be resurrected.

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 2

Also, more importantly, did he get a lump in his throat when he saw the font on the Cobbold Stand? That means something.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Also, more importantly, did he get a lump in his throat when he saw the font on the Cobbold Stand? That means something.

Yep! He's a dogger too!

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yep! He's a dogger too!

Does he shave his ? .........

never mind 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Does he shave his ? .........

never mind 

I think them's the rules for the Cobbold couplings (hence the TWTD obsession).

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

"It's a fantastic stadium, massive club with great history"

I'm sure I saw this graffiti inscribed in Latin somewhere:

See the source image

Yeah, but is there a tree growing out of the roof?

• Haha 1

What's fantastic is the fact they've bought the stars back to the new shirt!

They weren't on there for a while but now there's all this fuss with Ed Sheeran, new owners, new CEO, they've made a come back... And everyone loves a comeback. 

Just researched this Wes Burns chap and found out he played for the mighty Fleetwood Town in League One so it looks like these stinking rich Yank owners won't be splashing too much cash around after all.

Somebody once said "When your past looks good, your fading", seems like our neighbours are continuing to fade deeper and deeper into obscurity 😂 Still a great Marquee signing like Willy Burns (or whoever) will undoubtedly take them to the promised land.

Just now, Lessingham Canary said:

Still a great Marquee signing like Willy Burns (or whoever) will undoubtedly take them to the promised land.

Willy Burns sounds like a condition you might pick up if you hang around outside the Cobbold dogging stand at night. Whether it takes you to the promised land will depend on who else is there (I wouldn't hold out much hope).

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just researched this Wes Burns chap and found out he played for the mighty Fleetwood Town in League One so it looks like these stinking rich Yank owners won't be splashing too much cash around after all.

and he’s been involved in more loans than HSBC!

I hear they've also asked the Football League if they can manufacture their own goalframes too, to help their strike 'force' next season.

They expect to install the 'Norwood' range before August...

CAN'T SCORE? THIS COULD BE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM | Grimsby Futsal

The new owners have a plan for the training ground based on their specific business experience, they're already showing around potential recruits:

See the source image

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The new owners have a plan for the training ground based on their specific business experience, they're already showing around potential recruits:

See the source image

And even they can hardly remember Ipswich being a 'big club'!

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And even they can hardly remember Ipswich being a 'big club'!

That's Alan Brazil in the orange. They're bringing him in as fitness coach

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 2

Great History huh..well yea..the most recent history...that of the last month or two, now shows them in a league below Posh, so definitely great history indeed.

Just now on BBC Look East the director of sales at Scum HQ was discussing their ginger sponsor and his tik tok effort for the Euros and his influence on things down there and i kid you not she said and i quote ' we have a rich heritage and a worldwide fan base '.

I am lost for words quite honestly.