Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

O/T Wolves manager to step down

Very much out of the blue.

Wonder how long Wolves are gonna stay as the Portugal national team B team now he's gone.. Feel many of the squad will want to leave given he was the main reason they joined. Fantastic manager mind, sure he is somewhat of a 'chequebook manager' and all, but fair to say what he has done with Woles has been fantastic regardless

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Why on earth would you leave Wolves for Palace?! 

Nuno will learn so much from the new Palace player/manger, Emi Buendia

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good shout...or maybe Tottenham?

Lakey I'm surprised you agree that Nuno moving from Wolves to Palace or Spurs would be a good move for him, whilst not seeing any reason for Emi to move from us to Arsenal...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Lakey I'm surprised you agree that Nuno moving from Wolves to Palace or Spurs would be a good move for him, whilst not seeing any reason for Emi to move from us to Arsenal...

🙂 But Emi is destined for better than Arsenal imo.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder how long Wolves are gonna stay as the Portugal national team B team now he's gone.. Feel many of the squad will want to leave given he was the main reason they joined. Fantastic manager mind, sure he is somewhat of a 'chequebook manager' and all, but fair to say what he has done with Woles has been fantastic regardless

Their second strip is even the Portuguese kit ! I noticed it the other night . 

My son-in-law is a Wolves supporter 😪    He was teling me that the people who own Wolves also own a certain percentage of that super agent bloke who does all the main Portuguese transfers, it's part of the reason why they have so many Portuguese players, that may make it likely that Wolves will get in another Portuguese manager and try to pretty much continue what they have been doing

Big news for them. I think Nuno is a fantastic manager but this season his hands have been severely tied with terrible injuries. 

If he does go to Spurs, their fans should be rubbing their hands with glee!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Portuguese players (and Nuno himself) are there because of Jorge Mendes. He's been pulling most of the strings since Fosun took over.

As for Nuno, he has been linked with Spurs in recent weeks. Coincidence?

Wolves have been woeful for a lot of this season and I don’t think this announcement is because he’s about to become Spurs manager (he certainly won’t be their first choice).

Yes he’s been unfortunate with the Jiminez injury but that doesn’t cover for how inept they’ve been defensively and Nunos flip flopping between formations.

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Why on earth would you leave Wolves for Palace?! 

He isn't "leaving" of his own volition, mutual agreement tends to skew more towards being asked to leave than offering to step down in my experience.

The injury to the Jimenez really shafted them. He made that team. But they've gone backwards this year and the grass is always greener when you've put the money in their owners have.

You’re all miles out. He’s obviously seen that Cook’s been a flop in Suffolk and been tipped off there’s going to be a vacancy. Who could resist that opportunity?

• Haha 1