FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ooh touched a nerve there..

Did I? Sorry 😞 . It really hacks you off that people love the way we are doing things doesnt it? 

Did you used to be someone important then  ?

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No it says as long as we are top 26... all is good. It was chosen because we are already there... a target should be achievable but hard to hit, not where you already are.. 

You don't think maintaining top 26 is an achievement? 

28 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So the top 26 comment? Is that not imposing a ceiling on our ambitions? Jim is 100% correct and has as much right to support the club as those that thinks the sun shines out of the owners ... despite 4 relegations..  christ on a bike indeed

Kenny Foggo being a ****. Hands up who is surprised?

You were very much part of my thinking when I described some of this forum's user base as no smarter than pond life. I mean how can anyone take my comment as anything other than a criticism of saying this club is imposed on them and start waffling on about ceilings and sun shining out of people's ****. 

Frankly the sun must shine out of your ears given the repeat evidence you offer that nothing exists between them. 

That @TIL 1010 has liked your comment is no surprise either. All said above applies equally to him.

This forum would be better off without the both of you.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No it says as long as we are top 26... all is good. It was chosen because we are already there... a target should be achievable but hard to hit, not where you already are.. 

Not at the time. We finished 8th in the Championship before Webber and Farke came along, so then we were basically 28th with that expensive, aging squad, a serious wage bill and facilities in need of considerable investment. If anything, we were in quite some trouble at that point particularly with parachute payments running down so cutting outgoings was of the utmost importance.

So in four years, we've massively trimmed the team down, improved our facilities, generated many millions from selling our own youngsters (and getting a million for Marley Watkins was a seriously good piece of business) and seen two of our lads move on from us into an England shirt (Maddison and Godfrey). And we've done it playing, at least IMO, the best technical football since at least the first Walker era, if not earlier. And we've managed to get into the Premier League twice!

I'll accept that if given anything resembling talent to work with along with commensurate investment, Farke has the ability to create a team up to stay up. He's already shown from the way he got this team to win the Championship that he can amend his principles somewhat and get a team to fit it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You were very much part of my thinking when I described some of this forum's user base as no smarter than pond life. I mean how can anyone take my comment as anything other than a criticism of saying this club is imposed on them and start waffling on about ceilings and sun shining out of people's ****. 

Frankly the sun must shine out of your ears given the repeat evidence you offer that nothing exists between them. 

That @TIL 1010 has liked your comment is no surprise either. All said above applies equally to him.

To be fair Tilly does take part in the PUPS thread, and also an enthusiastic supporter of my campaign to change the badge...🤩

• Haha 2

Just now, Fuzzar said:

You don't think maintaining top 26 is an achievement? 

Particularly when you consider some of the clubs that haven't

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did I? Sorry 😞 . It really hacks you off that people love the way we are doing things doesnt it? 

Did you used to be someone important 

2/10. 

Terminally Yellow...Why don't you start your own forum where people with the same opinions just slap each other on the back and tell yourself what a great club you support, whilst it sells your best players... I'd read it for a laugh...occasionally. Anyway, chill out, have a beer, its Friday!

Pond life... 🤣

Edited by Kenny Foggo

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Particularly when you consider some of the clubs that haven't

I only care about NCFC

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I only care about NCFC

Odd, because you seem desperate to compare us to clubs doing better than us when it suits..

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not at the time. We finished 8th in the Championship before Webber and Farke came along, so then we were basically 28th with that expensive, aging squad, a serious wage bill and facilities in need of considerable investment. If anything, we were in quite some trouble at that point particularly with parachute payments running down so cutting outgoings was of the utmost importance.

So in four years, we've massively trimmed the team down, improved our facilities, generated many millions from selling our own youngsters (and getting a million for Marley Watkins was a seriously good piece of business) and seen two of our lads move on from us into an England shirt (Maddison and Godfrey). And we've done it playing, at least IMO, the best technical football since at least the first Walker era, if not earlier. And we've managed to get into the Premier League twice!

I'll accept that if given anything resemblingnt to work with along with commensurate investment, Farke has the ability to create a team up to stay up. He's already shown from the way he got this team to win the Championship that he can amend his principles somewhat and get a team to fit it.

I agree, they learnt from their previous mistakes and as such should be greatly applauded for doing that. The risk is not being able to learn from the last disastrous premiership campaign and losing the recruitment talent and one of the best coaches we have ever had. Hope that doesn't happen.

51 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Is it not part if the master strategy Tilly? Finances are great... we are in a better position... survival should be straight forward. Are we in year 4 or 5 of the "plan"?

We're in year five.

Are we in a better position on the field than where we were when the plan started? 

Are we in a better position off the field than where we were when the plan started?

Are we in a better position in terms of infrastucture than where we were when the plan started?

Moreso, did the club make it ever so clear on our last promotion that we wouldn't spend big, but we would be prepared for relegation; with the upside that we'd be in a better position to challenge moving forwards?

Finally, you must be the only person on the planet that thinks "finishing in the top 26" is a ceiling, when by the very nature of it, top 26 includes 1st, of the top division in the country, if not world. I'm not sure if you need a 0th (st) place finish for Norwich to ever be happy? 

18 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh dear, oh dear pond life and this forum would be a better place without Kenny Foggo and myself. Funnily enoiugh i was thinking the same thing about you and your self righteous oubursts to anybody who disagrees with you.You must remind me what separates you above most others on here.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Odd, because you seem desperate to compare us to clubs doing better than us when it suits..

Ah c'mon on... you compare us to Pompey etc all the time. I just want to see us win another trophy in my lifetime hence Leicester comparison (a club of the same size as us it terms of history, fan base)

With Buendia being again closely linked to Aston Villa & Arsenal, if you were Buendia, would you seriously want to go to Villa.

No disrespect to them, but they're never really going to challenge for Europe. They may be a bigger club than us, and "may" stay in Premiership longer than us, but would you want that.

Personal terms aside, if its about money then go there. If it's about ambition and possibility of European football, then surely Arsenal are the better fit? Don't know who the european teams interested are

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

I agree, they learnt from their previous mistakes and as such should be greatly applauded for doing that. The risk is not being able to learn from the last disastrous premiership campaign and losing the recruitment talent and one of the best coaches we have ever had. Hope that doesn't happen.

Some of that last disastrous campaign did stem from our losing three centre-halves at once! That appears to be why they're paying greater attention to improved facilities for recovery / physiotherapy.

I'm not saying with Klose, Hanley and Zimmermann all fit that we'd have stayed up, but there's no way it would have looked abject. We basically had defensive midfielders in defence, and box-to-box midfielders asked to do more purely defensive roles. Needless to say, the whole structure of the team changed dramatically and we couldn't get round it.

Even Liverpool and Manchester City, for all their millions, have struggled when three centre-halves are missing. It's just worse when we get hit with it as there's no way we could have the same depth as they do. Hell, Liverpool lost six home games on the spin this year - as defending champions no less - due to losing so many centre-halves at once.

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ah yes. Always luck or fortune when it goes well.

PS. Just seen that BF had made the same point about this truly pathetic attitude.

I didn’t mean we were promoted due to fortune but I think it’s true to say it was fortunate (or necessary if you prefer) that we got promoted that season because any long stint in the champ with this model will really hit hard. 

• Confused 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Oh dear, oh dear pond life and this forum would be a better place without Kenny Foggo and myself. Funnily enoiugh i was thinking the same thing about you and your self righteous oubursts to anybody who disagrees with you.You must remind me what separates you above most others on here.

Unfortunately par for the course.. It doesn't bother me so if it keeps him happy insulting fellow City fans...

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And yet again insults. I don’t really know Til well but I know who he is and I’d lay good odds that he along with Foggo and i are up there with most on this board (and ahead of many) in terms of the miles we’ve put in watching our team play, however sh*t we’ve been. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Learnt from some of their mistakes. Not sure they’ve learnt much from their multiple relegations from the premier league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Some of that last disastrous campaign did stem from our losing three centre-halves at once! That appears to be why they're paying greater attention to improved facilities for recovery / physiotherapy.

I'm not saying with Klose, Hanley and Zimmermann all fit that we'd have stayed up, but there's no way it would have looked abject. We basically had defensive midfielders in defence, and box-to-box midfielders asked to do more purely defensive roles. Needless to say, the whole structure of the team changed dramatically and we couldn't get round it.

Even Liverpool and Manchester City, for all their millions, have struggled when three centre-halves are missing. It's just worse when we get hit with it as there's no way we could have the same depth as they do. Hell, Liverpool lost six home games on the spin this year - as defending champions no less - due to losing so many centre-halves at once.

Yes and someone did say we are looking at reducing the amount of injuries we seem to get (guess that is a risk with high tensity training). Losing the three centre-halves was an issue but so was not having a back up to Pukki.

Sell Emi and with Skipp already gone, I think our issues will be in another area of the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Learnt from some of their mistakes. Not sure they’ve learnt much from their multiple relegations from the premier league. 

You'd think the two are somewhat related. Learning from some of their mistakes would surely mean learning from relegations!

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

You'd think the two are somewhat related. Learning from some of their mistakes would surely mean learning from relegations!

I think they’ve learnt in the sense that they don’t be entering into Naismithesque contracts again. I’m not sure they have learnt (or if they have then maybe they are in denial) that you need the resources to back the coach financially in the summer transfer window and to perhaps take a calculated risk. Time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yes and someone did say we are looking at reducing the amount of injuries we seem to get (guess that is a risk with high tensity training). Losing the three centre-halves was an issue but so was not having a back up to Pukki.

Sell Emi and with Skipp already gone, I think our issues will be in another area of the pitch.

I sort of agree, but would always say that if your defence is so badly compromised as ours was, it's bloody hard to get on the attack for prolonged periods. Liverpool weren't looking great in attack either when they had their funk with centre-halves missing, and they had Salah, Firmino and Mane up there!

So whilst the lack of back-up for Pukki was a problem, the centre-halves being out made it far, far worse. We had a lot of plaudits for our play before Project Restart - it was after that when it really turned out badly for us.

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

BBC reporting that Norwich bought out the sell on clause with Getafe - which would be excellent news if true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57359202

I guess it was part of the bit we paid after promotion last time, and explains why it was perhaps a bit higher than we anticipated.  A Good move when all’s said and done!

Loss is central to the experience of being a fan, tinged with a sense of bitterness, and a hint of betrayal with most big transfers.

....it profits not man to give his soul for the world ........but for Arsenal?