Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I've said the Christmas tree for a long time, although what you call a 4-3-3 is probably going to look like more a 4-3-2-1. Gilmour as the deep-lying playmaker (the "Pirlo"), someone as the "Gattuso" (probably Sorensen) then someone as the "Ambrosini", which could easily be one of Rupp, McLean or indeed Lees-Melou.

I also think the 4-3-2-1 is possibly the way we might go, especially given the Pinkun's speculation: "One theory is that Norwich could adopt a more counter-attacking approach. Given Rashica was largely somebody who contributed at the end of the move, rather than the start like Buendia, that would suggest this is something being considered by Farke and his coaching staff." 

It could be that we're not looking at trying to replace Buendia, but setting up to play without him.

I suppose thinking of Buendia, Stieperman and Vrancic gone that Rashica and Lees-Melou now replace those guys in our squad, meaning still 1 less than we had and of course Leitner gone to, even though we was not part of our squad last season. Still allows a need for a Tettey type so Michael Bailey is likely correct in our need for a defensive mid to come in. Midfield would sure look pretty freshened up  and the squad in generl would still be 1 or 2 leaner in amount of contracted guys.

15 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

I also think the 4-3-2-1 is possibly the way we might go, especially given the Pinkun's speculation: "One theory is that Norwich could adopt a more counter-attacking approach. Given Rashica was largely somebody who contributed at the end of the move, rather than the start like Buendia, that would suggest this is something being considered by Farke and his coaching staff." 

It could be that we're not looking at trying to replace Buendia, but setting up to play without him.

Think that's more likely, especially with Hernandez and Placheta in the building.

26 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Stop with common sense please, you are aware of where you post, I assume?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Stop with common sense please, you are aware of where you post, I assume?

Very good.

It reminds me of all the 'I just don't see how we're ever going to replace Maddison' stuff.

There's no I in team.

That said, there is an I in 'Buendia', 'Aston Villa', and 'win', so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

Very good.

It reminds me of all the 'I just don't see how we're ever going to replace Maddison' stuff.

There's no I in team.

That said, there is an I in 'Buendia', 'Aston Villa', and 'win', so

But there's  also an  a in buendia, villa and  team, so I guess that means about the same then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

But there's  also an  a in buendia, villa and  team, so I guess that means about the same then. 

'buendiavillateam' contains 16 letters, so they're in for a difficult season if that means they'll finish 16th

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

'buendiavillateam' contains 16 letters, so they're in for a difficult season if that means they'll finish 16th

There's more to this cosmic connection  shoite than I first thought.  It's amaaaaaazing, maaan. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

There's more to this cosmic connection  shoite than I first thought.  It's amaaaaaazing, maaan. 

Isn't Joe Rogan the best?

3 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Isn't Joe Rogan the best?

I have no idea  who Joe Rogan is, did he invent 'cosmic connections'....or the expression  'amaaaazing maaaan'?, or both. If you dont enlighten me I will be forced to really show my ignorance and google him.

27 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I have no idea  who Joe Rogan is, did he invent 'cosmic connections'....or the expression  'amaaaazing maaaan'?, or both. If you dont enlighten me I will be forced to really show my ignorance and google him.

NFL player turned UFC pundit turned YouTube podcaster who reeeeeeally supports the use of psychedelic drugs in a way that is not subtle in the least.

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

NFL player turned UFC pundit turned YouTube podcaster who reeeeeeally supports the use of psychedelic drugs in a way that is not subtle in the least.

Oh, cheers, not very well up on such things. Well , NFL ,UFC  and Youtube anyway. 😂😵😍😇

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh, cheers, not very well up on such things. Well , NFL ,UFC  and Youtube anyway. 😂😵😍😇

He also signed some sort of podcast record deal with Spotify worth $1m recently as well I think.

He's an interesting guy and his podcasts are good fun, he finds a way to ask really pertinent questions I think

his interview with Elon Musk on his youtube podcast is really worth watching and listening to, for sure.

he just makes it super obvious that he loves the ol' drugs sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

We apparently have a striker of yours coming in to join us (Southend) on trial on Thursday - any idea who it might be? Unclear whether this is with a view to a loan or something else.

Not heard anything, although another striker called Gassan Ahadme whacked in a hat-trick on trial at Portsmouth so maybe it's him?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not heard anything, although another striker called Gassan Ahadme whacked in a hat-trick on trial at Portsmouth so maybe it's him?

I think he’s in Portugal?

10 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

We apparently have a striker of yours coming in to join us (Southend) on trial on Thursday - any idea who it might be? Unclear whether this is with a view to a loan or something else.

Got to be one of our U23’s

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I think he’s in Portugal?

He cracked in a hat-trick as a trialist for Portsmouth against Havant & Waterlooville.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He cracked in a hat-trick as a trialist for Portsmouth against Havant & Waterlooville.

👍 He was triallist H then 😁

Interesting little line from the Mirror's assistant content editor...

Edited by TheGoogler

2 hours ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Omotoye I'd imagine? Showed some promise but didn't make an impact on loan at Swindon last season.

17 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Interesting little line from the Mirror's assistant content editor...

Both of them going out? I mean, yes yes Rashica can play as a striker..

But could this mean we are in to buy a striker?

Would prefer to see a new centreback, but interesting development if true

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Both of them going out? I mean, yes yes Rashica can play as a striker..

But could this mean we are in to buy a striker?

Would prefer to see a new centreback, but interesting development if true

Well, you will be seeing a new centreback anyway. And a new striker, whether Idah is loaned out or not. But given the ultra-positive spin that has been coming out of Carrow Road about how this is going to be Idah's breakthrough season a loan move would be a surprise.

Edited by PurpleCanary

The article on the 72 notes more like Hugill is on the move and that we are looking more of a loan than a purchase of Hugill.

Personally I would be surprised if Idah goes as he has been utilised out wide too.

Let's see if these suitors make a move

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Omotoye I'd imagine? Showed some promise but didn't make an impact on loan at Swindon last season.

Good shout

So we've brought in some midfielders, but still needing a defender and someone for up front.

10 minutes ago, smooth said:

The article on the 72 notes more like Hugill is on the move and that we are looking more of a loan than a purchase of Hugill.

Personally I would be surprised if Idah goes as he has been utilised out wide too.

Let's see if these suitors make a move

I would imagine we would much more want a sale than a loan for Hugill. Potentially we could recoup up to a couple of million towards what we are spendng on Lees-Melou.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would imagine we would much more want a sale than a loan for Hugill. Potentially we could recoup up to a couple of million towards what we are spendng on Lees-Melou.

Yeah unless he's on high wages I don't think a loan helps us all that much. 

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

https://the72.co.uk/242075/no-shortage-of-interest-nottingham-forest-facing-championship-competition-in-pursuit-of-norwich-citys-jordan-hugill/

If we sign another striker it is unlikely Hugill would see game time unless injuries come in to play. However a loan  could be beneficial with him getting game time and coming back next season, hopefully after a good season and either people wanting to pay bug bucks or he comes back ready to compete here

The key is that we need a new striker for any move to go ahead but obviously discussions ongoing

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Exactly, Purple. I cannot for the life in me see why we’d loan Jordan Hugill out when, at the age of 29, this is probably the last chance where we’d be able to recoup back the money we paid for him. I’ve heard that fee to West Ham was anywhere between £2.5mil and £5mil - either way, even in the current financial climate, I do not believe there aren’t 1 or 2 clubs in the Championship that can’t afford that for a striker that is proven in that division, as he could be a real bargain for someone. If we loan him out I will actually be gobsmacked.

The thought of Idah going out on loan after we’ve sold Hugill is another head scratcher. We won’t be going into the new season with just 2 strikers surely! (assuming we buy A.N.Other too)