Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

28 minutes ago, WSM said:

Honestly I think Rupp could do that dictating the play role - when I saw him last season I did feel there was a metronomic quality to his passing

Good call, can't disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why do we keep knocking our young players? Why do we keep knocking the ability of our coaching staff to identify a player capable of contributing to our league season? 

We (and I'll admit to being guilty of this myself) did it to Todd last time. Look at how that turned out. 

If the guy is performing on a par with the other players in his position in training and having exceeded all possible expectations last season, then he deserves a shot in pre season to prove we don't need to spend millions on a player who may well be no better. 

Palace are about to pay £15m (rising to a possible £20m) for Marc Guehi. If Omobamodiele (apologies if spelt wrong) can step up, that's massive for us in so many ways. We should be supporting him rather than posting how it makes us "fearful" and saying "he's not ready", like we know better than the coaching staff.

I'm not knocking him. Of course should he play, I'll support him. I just don't think he's ready for EPL football yet. 

1 hour ago, WSM said:

Honestly I think Rupp could do that dictating the play role - when I saw him last season I did feel there was a metronomic quality to his passing

Agree, and unlike Leitner he's defensively astute and got a very healthy turn of pace.

• Like 1

Rupp looked comfortable in the Championship, it's whether he can deal with the step up in quality of the Premier League and the physicality.

Or to put it another way, has he improved since 2019/20?

43 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Confirmed now that we did have one of your youngsters training with us today, though I am not sure who still.

We have a massive stable of youngsters atm, and loads of players out on loan as well.

Without more info. it would nearly be as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack to deduce the player.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rupp looked comfortable in the Championship, it's whether he can deal with the step up in quality of the Premier League and the physicality.

Or to put it another way, has he improved since 2019/20?

I think placing him at the base of a midfield three would be much less demanding on him physically that when he was put on the right wing or attacking midfield, especially if there are players like PLM and Billing around him.

I'd also say he probably has improved from 19/20 as he came to Norwich off the back of an ACL injury which had ruled him out for a year.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think placing him at the base of a midfield three would be much less demanding on him physically that when he was put on the right wing or attacking midfield, especially if there are players like PLM and Billing around him.

I'd also say he probably has improved from 19/20 as he came to Norwich off the back of an ACL injury which had ruled him out for a year.

Don't even joke about putting Rupp on the wing, I still have flashbacks.. Those were dark days, dark.. dark days

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't even joke about putting Rupp on the wing, I still have flashbacks.. Those were dark days, dark.. dark days

It was his position at Hoffenheim so it was logical, just the guys pace has gone due to the injuries.

It's not so much his position that worries me and I'm aware he had an injury, it's that he seemed to lose almost every duel, as soon as a player got tight to him he was too easy to shrug off the ball. His pace and the lack of powerhouse midfielders in the Championship meant that Rupp could shield the ball better and move it past players but in the PL, against bigger, stronger, faster midfielders I'm worried he's just going to give the ball away too much again and that would be even worst if he's playing deep

• Like 1

An article saying an unnamed Prem club are in contect with Forest  about Joe Worral..the article named City, Brentford, West Ham and Burnley as interested parties in  last 2 or 3 months. Brentford are in for Ajer and Burnley have recently signed a Stoke defender..so maybe us or West Ham?

On 12/07/2021 at 19:04, TheGunnShow said:

Just speculatively chucking a name into the mix, but wouldn't Marc Guehi be worth a look as a loan call, perhaps? Especially if we got Gilmour from Chelsea already, and it would give us that important fifth centre-half.

That's assuming we decide not to go after Ajer or Adarabioyo.

Interesting to see he's reportedly heading to Palace on a permanent deal. The Athletic mentioned us in a list of clubs who'd shown some interest but it seemed to suggest Palace were the only team who'd made a permanent bid- so if we were interested it would have to have been pre Gilmour. 

14 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

An article saying an unnamed Prem club are in contect with Forest  about Joe Worral..the article named City, Brentford, West Ham and Burnley as interested parties in  last 2 or 3 months. Brentford are in for Ajer and Burnley have recently signed a Stoke defender..so maybe us or West Ham?

What is worrel like? 

Why do we constantly say the youngsters aren’t ready?

Pedri - Spanish international. Probably one of the best Spaniards on show at the Euros.

Damsgard - Danish International. Ok got the gig under awful circumstances but was a delight to watch, until he scored against England obviously.

Rooney - how old was he when he arrived on the scene.

Finally our loanee- Gilmour - not very old, very little experience but we all seem happy with the loan.

My point being if your good enough your old enough

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grantham yellow said:

Why do we constantly say the youngsters aren’t ready?

Pedri - Spanish international. Probably one of the best Spaniards on show at the Euros.

Damsgard - Danish International. Ok got the gig under awful circumstances but was a delight to watch, until he scored against England obviously.

Rooney - how old was he when he arrived on the scene.

Finally our loanee- Gilmour - not very old, very little experience but we all seem happy with the loan.

My point being if your good enough your old enough

I think the problem is, that we cannot take the risks the players above clubs can. We are constantly fighting for survival or fighting for promotion. 
I think it’s the reason why we give them that years loan and get them prepared for men’s football. 
It has worked well with your Godfreys and Cantwells. I know Lewis came and was exceptional, but they were left with no choice and Aaron’s had cup experience. I just don’t think we want to do it (unless needed)

The trouble with this season is a good number of our players are untried in Premiership. To that end I can't say I'm fussed about Ajer. We have no idea if he can step up, or cope with the physical side of the Premiership.

With Sorenson signing an extended deal, and omobamidele, could both be on Farke's plans to feature in CDM and CB. That could allow us funds to strengthen elsewhere. I'd still like Billing to bring some physicality to midfield and in an attacking role, and I'd still like to see Armstrong, as we do need strong competition for Pukki 

6 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He never played DM for Bournemouth though, and was usually deployed in a two man midfield in Eddie Howe's 4--4-2. I think he could get exposed in that position more than in a 3 man midfield.

I don't think Norwich are necessarily signing him as a defensive midfielder, that looks like it will be Gilmour - but if you have Billing next to PLM/McLean you suddenly have a really hard working duo who'll cover a ton of ground and be able to go both forwards and backwards depending on the game state. What happens if Gilmour is injured is the question, but both PLM and Billing have experience in that DM role. 

That is a good shout actually, he is an excellent passer of the ball and has the positional intelligence to do it also. 

I haven't seen enough of them to comment, but how similar are Billing and PLM to Kante in style? I'm asking because if performing well alongside Kante won Golmour accolades, it would make sense to do something similar, and may be what they are going for?

1 hour ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I haven't seen enough of them to comment, but how similar are Billing and PLM to Kante in style? I'm asking because if performing well alongside Kante won Golmour accolades, it would make sense to do something similar, and may be what they are going for?

Lees-Melou is not Kante in style from what I have seen of various youtube vids. Box to box - some have described him as. He is quite versatile, he looks like he can play most positions in midfield whether that be AM, CM or DM. I would say that in the highlight vids he does look a bit like a more refined and technically better Stiepermann. The word is the club are still after a DM though so I would hazard a guess that none of those we still have are that other than Sorenson. 

I think that whilst the transfer business has been decent so far we still need a decent centre back, a central defensive midfielder & a forward to challenge Pukki. Still a lot of business to be done if we are to be competitive in the top flight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think that whilst the transfer business has been decent so far we still need a decent centre back, a central defensive midfielder & a forward to challenge Pukki. Still a lot of business to be done if we are to be competitive in the top flight. 

I'd take a full back too, as relying on Byram to stay fit as the backup isnt a good plan, Sorenson filled in well, but is limiting in that position as hes right footed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

The trouble with this season is a good number of our players are untried in Premiership. To that end I can't say I'm fussed about Ajer. We have no idea if he can step up, or cope with the physical side of the Premiership.

With Sorenson signing an extended deal, and omobamidele, could both be on Farke's plans to feature in CDM and CB. That could allow us funds to strengthen elsewhere. I'd still like Billing to bring some physicality to midfield and in an attacking role, and I'd still like to see Armstrong, as we do need strong competition for Pukki 

Agree with all that, except I think Idah is capable of being a big part of what we do this season, so not that bothered about Armstrong, but would like to think we will get another maybe young striker in, just not maybe a high profile one - Rashica can play up front too, lets not forget.

13 hours ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

Who else is Kante style? He’s world class and alone in what he’s able to do, ground he’s able to cover. 

I was just reading the Athletic article regarding Man City and them getting Kane & Grealish. It mentions that they are looking to offload some players in order to help fund those deals and lists some players that they are looking to sell. Yangel Herrera looks like a very decent DM to me with La Liga and international experience. Pedro Porro could be a good option if Aarons were to leave and Lukas Nmecha who I think Bethnal has mentioned before. Also says they are hoping to get around £10m for each of them which would put them into our price range. I don’t know whether work permits would be an issue but as they are already with Man City I would’ve thought it would be ok on that front?

21 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We have a massive stable of youngsters atm, and loads of players out on loan as well.

Without more info. it would nearly be as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack to deduce the player.

It's Matthew Dennis who is training with us. Any info at all on what he's like? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

It's Matthew Dennis who is training with us. Any info at all on what he's like? Thanks!

Former Arsenal player, joined us shortly after Josh Martin and both were described as good prospects. 

Martin has developed while Dennis hasn't as much. But seem to remember him being quite well liked. 

Will be interesting to see how he does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Vaguely remember hearing he was a full-back but converted to a striker? Sure he's scored a few goals for the youngsters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Also maybe worth mentioning there are a few youth games/highlights on the Norwich youtube channel, so you might be able to find a few clips of him.

27 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Vaguely remember hearing he was a full-back but converted to a striker? Sure he's scored a few goals for the youngsters.

That's an interesting position change, always a fun one. Once years ago heard about a player at some academy who started out as a goalkepeer and keep playing as one until he turned around 16/17 when he just decided to become a winger.

Shame I can't remember his name beacause I would love to know if it worked out for him

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, Jpootz said:

I was just reading the Athletic article regarding Man City and them getting Kane & Grealish. It mentions that they are looking to offload some players in order to help fund those deals and lists some players that they are looking to sell. Yangel Herrera looks like a very decent DM to me with La Liga and international experience. Pedro Porro could be a good option if Aarons were to leave and Lukas Nmecha who I think Bethnal has mentioned before. Also says they are hoping to get around £10m for each of them which would put them into our price range. I don’t know whether work permits would be an issue but as they are already with Man City I would’ve thought it would be ok on that front?

we cant afford Man City wages.