Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Linked to Martin Braithwaite by the Spanish press.

Scored the other day for the Danes, didn’t he? Could see him being the kind of player that Farke would like. Probably just nonsense as you’ve already said though, Bethnal. 

Is it just me or do we seem to fishing in a slightly bigger pond this time around? In the past you could easily dismiss most rumours, but I think our top class training facilities are starting to have a little more pull than the good old portacabins. Well done, Webber - you might just be on the way to becoming the most important figure in Norwich’s history 👏

I think I was saying on Monday how in the space of one day we could go from the doldrums to a sudden rapid number of people coming through the door. Could be that we have another 2 sorted by the end of next week and in time for pre-season. 

Still think we might be playing the long game for Armstrong in the hope Blackburn panic at the thought of losing him for free next summer and take 10 million with some add ons. Could see us trying to get one more midfielder in who is more of a number 10 as well as the late hope for skipp to come back too.

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Scored the other day for the Danes, didn’t he? Could see him being the kind of player that Farke would like. Probably just nonsense as you’ve already said though, Bethnal. 

Is it just me or do we seem to fishing in a slightly bigger pond this time around? In the past you could easily dismiss most rumours, but I think our top class training facilities are starting to have a little more pull than the good old portacabins. Well done, Webber - you might just be on the way to becoming the most important figure in Norwich’s history 👏

Our world class top of the range training facilities, our reputation for playing untested players and youth, our new reputation for having lots of players getting called up..

Fair to say we are a more enticing club to join right now than we were season ago.. No more 'Little old Norwich in the middle of nowhere'

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Our world class top of the range training facilities, our reputation for playing untested players and youth, our new reputation for having lots of players getting called up..

Fair to say we are a more enticing club to join right now than we were season ago.. No more 'Little old Norwich in the middle of nowhere'

Yep, honestly can’t wait for Liverpool to roll* into town on August 14th now, Cambridge!

*No offence Jan Molby

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hard to say until all the business is done - on every promotion Norwich get linked with big names, only for none of them to actually happen/be true. Rashica is maybe a sign of change, but I doubt he's even been to England yet to have a proper look around. It seems Berghuis wasn't convinced by Norwich's offer (although with Ajax the most likely destination for him that is understandable).

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, honestly can’t wait for Liverpool to roll* into town on August 14th now, Cambridge!

*No offence Jan Molby

And don't forget- Not only do we have an Argos but we have all the seasides you could want, and some of them are crackhead free!😂

59 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yes! I think there are several things at play here:

1. Topping the Champs again proves we weren't a flash.

2. Skipp loan went exceedingly well which "proves" to big clubs we can be a good destination for their youngsters.

3. Godfrey sale went exceedingly well which now means there was real quality and value in 2 of our last 3 big sales (sorry Jamal).

4. A slew of astute signings/deals in Gibson, Dimi, Sorensen, etc. We clearly have something about us.

5. Continued time/opportunity for youth such as Idah, Placheta, Andy, etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Yes! I think there are several things at play here:

1. Topping the Champs again proves we weren't a flash.

2. Skipp loan went exceedingly well which "proves" to big clubs we can be a good destination for their youngsters.

3. Godfrey sale went exceedingly well which now means there was real quality and value in 2 of our last 3 big sales (sorry Jamal).

4. A slew of astute signings/deals in Gibson, Dimi, Sorensen, etc. We clearly have something about us.

5. Continued time/opportunity for youth such as Idah, Placheta, Andy, etc.

Great post, Carolina, cheers (out of likes!)

47 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Hard to say until all the business is done - on every promotion Norwich get linked with big names, only for none of them to actually happen/be true. Rashica is maybe a sign of change, but I doubt he's even been to England yet to have a proper look around. It seems Berghuis wasn't convinced by Norwich's offer (although with Ajax the most likely destination for him that is understandable).

Yep, can understand the pull of Ajax for Berghuis, Bethnal. Not too dissapointed about that one to be honest. And it sounds like Gilmour has interest from Wolves so we need to see this one over the line. Also, I note that Gilmour’s contract currently runs out in 2023, which would leave him in his final year at Chelsea once a season long loan was completed. I assume they’ll be tying him down to a long term improved contract this summer then, otherwise that could make things interesting if he enjoys his time with us (should we sign him that is!)

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/wolves-ready-to-battle-norwich-for-gilmour-loan-deal_452461.html

Braithwait's problem is his poor finishing, he's a pretty good player otherwise. But not really what you want when you're only going to get a few chances a game at best. I'd have him over Hugill if he was cheap but he's not going to Leave Barca to be third choice here

Another new name to add to the list....

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matty-longstaff-newcastle-united-norwich-20884821?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

5 hours ago, sonyc said:

Great stuff TG. Just about to post this same link. 

Made me laugh reading Paddy's other comment that this time we are going to war with a Gunn 🙂(reference to last time when Webber stated we went onto the PL without weapons).

This is all starting to come together. Gilmour is one hell of a piece of recruitment.

I did a post many days ago linking Angus's surname with Webber's comments last year..Paddy could have picked up  on that but likely quite a few people like me and Padd  could have seen the connection.

Not NCFC related but I had to laugh hearing that Villa have put a very large price tag on John McGinn to put off Liverpool and the Liverpool fans have resurrected the 'missing out on his dream move' line again. 

Billy Gilmour close to signing according to Eurosport. Apparently Chelsea see him as a long term replacement for Kante so wouldn't be surprised to see him play a holding roll

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://theathletic.com/news/billy-gilmour-chelsea-norwich-transfer/v1dmFuf950lT?amp=1

Athletic reporting it now, pretty much close to confirmed as can be when they report it.To be made offical next week it would seem, makes sense given he's hold up in his room with a box of tissues right now

No comment (you're all thinking it).

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

No comment (you're all thinking it).

Well, if you were about to sign for mighty Norwich City wouldn't you help yourself to a crafty one?

Gilmour is exciting specifically due to his pedigree and potential, and linking up with Tuchel's Chelsea is even more exciting broadly. Still ... I can't help but feel that Skipp would be better?? Perhaps we have room for both with Gilmour as the understudy (or not!?) in the Rupp/McLean box-to-box role?

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not NCFC related but I had to laugh hearing that Villa have put a very large price tag on John McGinn to put off Liverpool and the Liverpool fans have resurrected the 'missing out on his dream move' line again. 

They really are a bunch of arses, aren’t they?!

25 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Gilmour is exciting specifically due to his pedigree and potential, and linking up with Tuchel's Chelsea is even more exciting broadly. Still ... I can't help but feel that Skipp would be better?? Perhaps we have room for both with Gilmour as the understudy (or not!?) in the Rupp/McLean box-to-box role?

We have been briefed we are looking at 2 central midfielders, I would hope primarily defensive midfielders. It has been long talked about on here and by all NCFC fans and we know each promotion season we have neglected this position.

If Gilmour goes ahead then what a fantastic signing, but we need the defensive midfield option. It could be Skipp but if it isn't then we will need to fill that role. I believe we need 2 as we do not have that bite, strength, body presence etc if one get injured. Maybe Ajer is considered that option too and his versatility could help as that cover for a defensive midfielder if a new signing is injured. But there are a lot of uncertainties here.

This also means McLean then does sit back as a first team squad player and that lungi and rupp are also in this boat.

7 minutes ago, smooth said:

This also means McLean then does sit back as a first team squad player and that lungi and rupp are also in this boat.

Kenny ended up playing an awful lot of minutes in the prem last time given leitner, trybul, amadou, mario weren’t favoured or up for it. And he scored against City.

He could find another level with more prem experience. 

• Like 1

i think the list of positions we wanted and confirmed by the archant lads and bailey were that CB (ajer) 2 midfielders (gilmour billing) a winger (still to be decided) and one winger who cud play as a striker which is in the door. With if skipp cud suddenly come he wud be an additional extra. Then our business was done but for a back up LB if sam went?

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

'Double six'? I presume that is two holding mids? Gilmour and (hopefully) Skipp? Is that the correct interpretation?

9 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

what does this mean?!