TIL 1010

Memberships 2021/22.

Just took 25 minutes waiting in a queue online to purchase my Away membership so i guess the demand yet again will outstrip supply.

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just took 25 minutes waiting in a queue online to purchase my Away membership so i guess the demand yet again will outstrip supply.

Yep, just bought my away membership too Tilly, but the queue was down to 5 mins at that point fortunately!

The strength of Norwich is that it’s a club steeped in the local community what is alarming is this new international membership category

we are not Man Utd with their legions of plastic fans from abroad. This will only lead to a worrying invasion of plastic fans at the club 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The strength of Norwich is that it’s a club steeped in the local community what is alarming is this new international membership category

we are not Man Utd with their legions of plastic fans from abroad. This will only lead to a worrying invasion of plastic fans at the club 

Agreed, I mean half of them have never even heard of Scampi, let alone correct portion size, it’s an absolute disgrace

Thanks for the reminder guys... Just bought my away membership. 

Really hope the calendar works out for me this year.... 

Would enjoy a trip along the coast to Brighton. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am delighted that the foreign legion who get so much attention from the Club will have the opportunity to dip their hands in their pockets and help out us locals.

Just now, essex canary said:

I am delighted that the foreign legion who get so much attention from the Club will have the opportunity to dip their hands in their pockets and help out us locals.

It’s a good point well made provided the person is Chinese and stinking rich 

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Thanks for the reminder guys... Just bought my away membership. 

Really hope the calendar works out for me this year.... 

Would enjoy a trip along the coast to Brighton. 

Same here

Thanks @TIL 1010

Anyone have issues with card payment?? - tried about 5 times and still not working 😞

48 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Will they need a VPN though?

38 minutes ago, NWC said:

Anyone have issues with card payment?? - tried about 5 times and still not working 😞

I had to use an alternative card in the end

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NWC said:

Didn’t have any issues, NWC, but I think my cards already stored on their database - sorry that’s not of much help, I guess stating the obvious would be to try a different card if you have one? Good luck!

• Like 1

Is having an alternative card like having multiple accounts on the forum! 😉  

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Are the international memberships hereditary, and able to be passed on to a family member or friend in the event of the untimely demise of the international member, or should the purchaser check the terms and conditions before parting with their substantial wedge? 😜🙈

• Haha 1

Have to say the ticketing site is a bit crap - I have £25 on my son’s account so was going to use for his new membership, but the renewal includes £1.50 of fees. It doesn’t seem to want to ‘obviously’ allow for me to use the ‘on account’ balance and to pay the difference...I had to log out and in again to be able to checkout.  Daft.

Edited by Branston Pickle

52 minutes ago, GMF said:

Are the international memberships hereditary, and able to be passed on to a family member or friend in the event of the untimely demise of the international member, or should the purchaser check the terms and conditions before parting with their substantial wedge? 😜🙈

I don't for one minute think that will go unchallenged Gary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I don't for one minute think that will go unchallenged Gary.

Or unappreciated Tillo, by those with 

a) a sense humour

b) an understanding of the phrase " for life".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWC said:

Yep, my saved card failed twice so had to pay with a different one.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for the heads-up @TIL 1010, had forgotten they went on sale today!

We are getting blasé, arent we, OPFNGS, having to do this regularly*

*every 2 years, to be precise

6 hours ago, GMF said:

GMF, I am glad you've raised what is indeed a serious issue which my lawyers are already investigating.The question in my case being whether my personal assistant, Miss Prudence Golightly, will be able to inherit my international membership in the event I predecease her.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GMF said:

Given Shareholders, Bondholders, Season Ticket Holders, Home Members, Away Members, International Members, I would recommend that BK puts in a call to the Guinness Book of Records.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

GMF, I am glad you've raised what is indeed a serious issue which my lawyers are already investigating.The question in my case being whether my personal assistant, Miss Prudence Golightly, will be able to inherit my international membership in the event I predecease her.

I recommend checking out whether the funds are to be retained on the Balance Sheet or written off to the Income and Expenditure Account? Not that everyone understands the difference in principle including many of the Carrow Road hierarchy.

I'm being thick here so apologies in advance. 

The away membership is based on the assumption that everything goes back to "normal" in August. All grounds will be at full capacity, will have to offer 10% of their capacity to away supporters, travel to away games will not be classed as unnecessary travel, and no covid passporting/ proof of inoculation will apply? 

My son is 29 and lives in London. Odds of him having 2 jabs by August are slim I would say? 

Have I got this right , or is there some caveats on this? 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The away membership is based on the assumption that everything goes back to "normal" in August. All grounds will be at full capacity, will have to offer 10% of their capacity to away supporters, travel to away games will not be classed as unnecessary travel, and no covid passporting/ proof of inoculation will apply? 

My son is 29 and lives in London. Odds of him having 2 jabs by August are slim I would say? 

I think the sale of the memberships and tickets is all subject to government restrictions applicable at the time. Whatever they may be. 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can't blame them for trying to get a small amount of dosh coming in. Presumably the away membership means you can try and go to one  away game or all 19? Nothing is guaranteed. Could have waited until June 21st though when we might have a bit more idea of what restrictions will remain. 

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You need to wait until next week to see Dominic Cummings explain what government policy should have been from the outset and will be from now on...🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in east London and actually the last game I went to was at the Orient. The locals had a long standing joke there as every week they used to out a “West HAM” fan who slipped in the watch the 0s. Often wondered how many regulars/season ticket holders at Carra support other sides, especially when the prem come to town. 

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You need to wait until next week to see Dominic Cummings explain what government policy should have been from the outset and will be from now on...🤩

I wonder if we could arrange a pre season against Barnard Castle Rovers ? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't blame them for trying to get a small amount of dosh coming in. Presumably the away membership means you can try and go to one  away game or all 19? Nothing is guaranteed. Could have waited until June 21st though when we might have a bit more idea of what restrictions will remain. 

I’m glad you said that . I thought I was missing something ...