10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

My mistake then...Brentford winning last night and Swansea and Watford today constitutes an excellent set of results this weekend thus far

It constitutes a who gives a toss set of results 😉

As I’ve said before the psychological pressure really builds when into the last ten games. Suddenly a 7 point lead with a game in hand on one of the chasers appears a more fragile lead. Imagine the pressure on tbe chading clubs knowing that going into each match anything less than 3 points could be a nail in the coffin.

Our advantage, besides our points lead, is that we have been here before, got the T shirt and know what’s needed to get over the line. Five more wins will do it.

32 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Another nervous nelly, chill out lads, the jobs done 😎

Well that's the way Farke thinks and he's no 'nervous nelly' and he should know.

There's one aim in the league and that is to finish with more points than all the others. This aim is made all the more easy when those 'others' drop points.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Well that's the way Farke thinks and he's no 'nervous nelly' and he should know.

There's one aim in the league and that is to finish with more points than all the others. This aim is made all the more easy when those 'others' drop points.

The fact that Farke, quite rightly, is not treating it as job done, is exactly why it is job done. 

To quote Jones, 'Don't Panic'. 

If we win tomorrow, we're ten clear with ten to play. They will literally need four MORE wins than us.

Can't see that happening.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

If we win tomorrow, we're ten clear with ten to play. They will literally need four MORE wins than us.

Can't see that happening.

And remember TWO of them would need 4 more wins than us, and as it stands they need 3 more with a couple of them having less games. 

There's never been a more certain promotion from the 2nd tier in history with 10 games to go than ours right now. 

24 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You're missing the point that ALL of them have to go on pretty much unbeaten runs for us to get 90 points and not go up, these teams have to play each other too, 3rd place will be on around 84 points come the end of the season. 

If we get 90 points and don't go up, I'll parade naked around Carrow Rd on the opening day of the Championship season munching on my pants 😁

Actually you may be surprised to see how infrequently they are playing each other if you take a look!

Also, 90 points isn't unthinkable for the chasing two.

Swansea win 7 & lose 4

Watford win 7 lose 3

I'm not saying we won't do it ... it's just that we could be seeing a freakish year when a number of the top clubs end up on mega points.

All we need is 5 wins from 11 though and we'll be beyond 90 points.

I'm taking nothing for granted...after next saturdays game we then have a 2 week international break , where we could lose Krul Aarons,Giannoulis,Hanley,Skipp,McLean,Cantwell(?? is he still U21 age?), Hernandez,Pukki, Placheta..for World Cup qualifiers and U21 games....some of whom could play 3 qualifiers in 10 days...and any of whom could be sent back to us on a stretcher

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Yes the chasers have won but was any one of them convincing all three victories were fortunate.  Only one of the play off contenders won a game playing well and Barnsley are too far behind to be of concern to us, but will concern the team they face in the play offs.  We only need a convincing performance tomorrow, only concern will be a total loss of form and we put in a Waford (A) or Luton (A) performance.  That is highly unlikely as we are so close to closing the deal DF will not allow it.  

Does anyone really think that 90 points won’t be enough for a top two place ? That’s 14 points we’ll need from a possible 33.

I’ve been following this lot for 54 years and in all that time we’ve not failed to go up when in a promotion position. Well, maybe not strictly true as we lost in the Play-Off Final in Cardiff after sneaking into 6th spot by one goal in the final game of that season.

From this position I really can’t see us messing it up.

29 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

And remember TWO of them would need 4 more wins than us, and as it stands they need 3 more with a couple of them having less games. 

There's never been a more certain promotion from the 2nd tier in history with 10 games to go than ours right now. 

It's not over until the fat lady sings but she's definitely going through the scales in a warm-up.

EDIT: Musical scales. That was more ambiguous than I intended it!

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

As s Watford fan I cant see you dropping out of top 2. But you do still have to play us at your gaff. Please can you drop a few points to make it interesting.

22 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Actually you may be surprised to see how infrequently they are playing each other if you take a look!

Also, 90 points isn't unthinkable for the chasing two.

Swansea win 7 & lose 4

Watford win 7 lose 3

I'm not saying we won't do it ... it's just that we could be seeing a freakish year when a number of the top clubs end up on mega points.

All we need is 5 wins from 11 though and we'll be beyond 90 points.

It’s amazing how overconfident some of our fans are, our last five games are absolutely the toughest set to finish with. Lose against a relegation battling team tomorrow and the ap could be down to 7 points from third. Knowing we have to play Bournemouth, Watford & Reading in the last three home games then Barnsley away to finish, it’s not a run of games I’d be happy with if we’re level or about on points. Hopefully we will win tomorrow and the next two home games to put it to bed before we get to the last five! 

For the record no panic but certainly no complacency from me, we have a great team at this level and a manager who will keep them focused on getting the job done!

22 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s amazing how overconfident some of our fans are,

It's amazing how pessimistic some of our fans are, get your google maps set to Anfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge, the job is done my negative man 😉

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

It's amazing how pessimistic some of our fans our, get your google maps set to Anfield, Etihad and Stamford Bridge, the job is done my negative man 😉

Who’s negative? 

Just now, Indy said:

Who’s negative? 

You are 😛

Seriously though, I get the need for calm we've supported Norwich for too long, but under Farke he's simply not going to allow this to mess up, he's just not.  Yes some of us are getting "carried away", but my reason for 100% confidence in the job being done is I know the management and players will not be allowing the complacency that stating what some of us fans are right now to set in.

So yes, I do think anyone still thinking this could go wrong are being a tad negative. (you might say realistic, but I don't)

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

You're missing the point that ALL of them have to go on pretty much unbeaten runs for us to get 90 points and not go up, these teams have to play each other too, 3rd place will be on around 84 points come the end of the season. 

If we get 90 points and don't go up, I'll parade naked around Carrow Rd on the opening day of the Championship season munching on my pants 😁

Screenshot  taken.!!

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You are 😛

Seriously though, I get the need for calm we've supported Norwich for too long, but under Farke he's simply not going to allow this to mess up, he's just not.  Yes some of us are getting "carried away", but my reason for 100% confidence in the job being done is I know the management and players will not be allowing the complacency that stating what some of us fans are right now to set in.

So yes, I do think anyone still thinking this could go wrong are being a tad negative. (you might say realistic, but I don't)

We're in good hands with Farke of course....but theres still external factors that can throw a spanner in the works.... a Buendia red card and a 3 game ban?...dodgy refereeing decisions, such as the spate of them we had in the run in to promotion 2 seasons ago....and if course injuries, as I alluded to earlier, next weekend we could lose Krul Pukki Hanley McLean Skipp Hernandez Placheta Aarons Giannoulis Cantwell?? to international duty for 2 wks....who knows what could happen

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You are 😛

One thing to feel positive about is talk by Farke (interestingly, for the first time recently) about his players wanting to put on a performance that champions in waiting would want to do. He also spoke about the determination he sees in this group. So, is this just talk from a manager....the type you read every week from other managers? And the answer to that question is a resounding 'no' because with DF he speaks directly, honestly and is not one to over-exaggerate. I liked reading that. Quite right that this team should now be thinking of winning the league. 

Anyway, it's a confidence boosting thought after a day when the nearest 3 teams won their matches. We must look after ourselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We're good hands with Farke of course....but thers still external dactors that can throw a spanner in the works.... a Buendia red card and a 3 game ban?...dodgy referreing decisions, such as the spate of them we had in the run in to promition 2 seasons ago....and if course injuries, as I alluded to earlier, next weekend we could lose Krul Pukki Hanley McLean Skipp Hernandez Placheta Aarons Giannoulis Cantwell?? to international duty for 2 wks....who knows what could happen

That is quite a list of things that could all go wrong at the same time to cost us promotion, think I'll give Skybet a bell and get the odds on that and stick a fiver on, at least I'll be able to enjoy Championship football next season as a millionaire.

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We're good hands with Farke of course....but thers still external dactors that can throw a spanner in the works.... a Buendia red card and a 3 game ban?...dodgy referreing decisions, such as the spate of them we had in the run in to promition 2 seasons ago....and if course injuries, as I alluded to earlier, next weekend we could lose Krul Pukki Hanley McLean Skipp Hernandez Placheta Aarons Giannoulis Cantwell?? to international duty for 2 wks....who knows what could happen

Other teams near the top will also lose players to internationals. The difference is we have the squad to deal with it on par or even better with them

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Other teams near the top will also lose players to internationals. The difference is we have the squad to deal with it on par or even better with them

Not sure there...dont think Swansea Brentford or even watford have anything like that list...even U21's ..theyll all have a fortnight off, some of our plays could play 3 world cup qualifiers in that time

1 hour ago, Indy said:

For the record no panic but certainly no complacency from me, we have a great team at this level and a manager who will keep them focused on getting the job done!

Most sensible quote on the thread. 

Right, not only am I 100% certain the job is done, I will also back my big mouth by giving you all a date when I predict it will be mathematically done.

April 10th, Derby away we will open up a 16 point lead over 3rd place, with 5 games left to play........Mark the date 😄 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Mario convinced win the next 3 and it will be over see Pink Un website.  He obviously recognises the opposition for promtion are not capable with putting a run together to derail City

If we (the team at the top of the form table) win tomorrow (against the team at the bottom of the form table) , we will be 10 points (4 games worth) ahead of 3rd place with 10 games to play.

Out of the top 4 teams we are playing the most composed and confident (not cocky) football atm. We have the best defence in the League. We have won at least 3 more games than the others (and lost the least amount of games). We have scored more goals than Watford and Swansea. We have to keep bringing these sort of stats out to try and quell any worries. 

Our last 5 games look 'tough'. Brentford's are equally tough, I would say. Watford's look horrible. Swansea have the 'best' set. There will be some strange results from now on in, there always is, but we look far more equipped to deal with any possible setback. Could be practically nailed on before those last 5, so let's worry about the next 5 before those last 5. How do you think those other teams are thinking when they see us on the fixture list? 

We are way ahead of where we were 2 years ago, so goodness knows how nervous some people were then, if they are feeling it now. Are people worried that we will implode as we feel the pressure? The only pressure is between the other 3 as they try and fight with each other. We have that gap and that allows us to play with a freedom that the others can only dream of.  We have been here before, the others haven't, that will play a part.

It won't matter what other teams do, it is ours to lose. Believe in ourselves, and do not default that the other teams are not feeling the pressure and will come up with worldy performances for the next few weeks, whilst we crumble. Relax and enjoy the ride

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

The more I watch Watfords last minute free kick today, the more I just cant understand what on earth the Cardiff keeper is doing....he literally dives out of the way of the ball?!

...a bit of a sickener as a win tomorrow would have then put them out of sight with a 12 pt lead with 10 games left, as I believe theyre better than Swansea and Brentford