bringbackchippy

We should of cashed in, it won't be there at end of season

It was a poor performance today but we will bounce back , to many players had a bad game today , personally I think it's a massive over reaction to think we'll not finish top two.

41 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Yes Mr nutty got a tidy sum for it too, shame you missed out on it, still got paper on your floor? Ha ha

Worth waiting the 10 years it took to sell then🙃

5 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

We should of cashed in now on Buendia, Aarons and Cantwell because it wont be offered at the end of season!

Although  we are in a decent position at the moment, for me Swansea will win the league, Brentford runners up. I would hate to play Watford or Bournmouth in the play offs. Dont think we are good enough to keep in top two.

Then nobody is going to pay the money we could have got. Could have got 50 mill possibly.

We're not going to win them all, plenty of games won't go our way but it's the same for everyone. Its football look at Man U V Sheff Utd these things happen

Edited by Mullet

6 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

It's not an over reaction believe me, you probably agree with me deep down!

The only thing I agree with is what a massive Cnut you are. F off back to Ipswich

So the Ipswich model of running a club then. I'm sure Evans and Lambert would love to see more of your musings, being such an informed supporter. They would take great comfort in knowing there is at least one dunderhead who agrees with what they are doing.

12 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

We should of cashed in now on Buendia, Aarons and Cantwell because it wont be offered at the end of season!

Although  we are in a decent position at the moment, for me Swansea will win the league, Brentford runners up. I would hate to play Watford or Bournmouth in the play offs. Dont think we are good enough to keep in top two.

Then nobody is going to pay the money we could have got. Could have got 50 mill possibly.

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on any football forum.. These lads are permitted the odd bad game in a season....  Hopefully we will be in the prem, so will not be required to sell our prized assets! 

Wake up and smell the coffee mate...  

Whilst not wishing to assess the footballing allegiance of the OP, it is not uncommon for those amongst us, with tendency become nervous, to react in such a way at the slightest blip.

That Brentford currently seem unstoppable and that that Swansea defence is what promotion sides are made of are both undeniable facts.

Neither do I see the reaction as knee-jerk. There was a lot of the predictable about yesterday's outcome, not least because it is the second time this season that 'Warnockism' has, imo, got the better of 'Farkeball.' .... the last win over them being somewhat fortunate, I seem to recall.

That we were blunted to such an extent was as predictable as Buendia's sending off, and our failure to get one shot on target against probably the most well-drilled and ruthless parked bus in the league.

Whilst our two nearest rivals clocked up ten goals between them yesterday our main highlight over ninety minutes resulted in a scuffed shot from Vrancic, which should have been buried. 

We can call it a bad day at the office, and conclude that an off-day happens. We cannot expect to win them all, and I'll accept that to the full. It happens, but a previous poster has already suggested that Farke should give the squad extra shooting practise next week, and there is something in this. We have wasted so many chances in recent weeks that we seem to have developed an unnerving habit of becoming extremely profligate in front of goal. Creating with ease, scoring with difficulty. Missball has replaced Farkeball.

We do, imo, have the best squad in the league, but I would like us to demonstrate that as frequently as I have read the oft-repeated view on here that one day we'll give a side a 'good hiding,' or as often as we are being reminded that we have needed a predominance of one-goal wins to be where we are in the league.  

Benjamin Bloom calls it good game management. I'm not so sure, and my frequent need to swallow a diazepam tablet at the seventy-fifth minute stage of so many games this season is testament to this. 

We need a win against the Lions and a point against the Swans, otherwise it's a three-horse race. I remain confident of us achieving this despite the above misgivings.

I fail to get the OP's point about selling our finest. That makes no sense on many counts, but is mainly nonsense by suggesting that because we fall short of both Swansea and Brentford, we should compound that by selling our best players.

Perhaps, instead, we should have reinforced the striking options though. Step up Adam Idah, your time has come?

Edited by BroadstairsR

I hope that intelligent response was in reply to the opening post rather than to my own view.

Otherwise it would demonstrate a blind inability to face up to a few home truths.

Summed up this might be concluded that there is a need for us to become more ruthless in front of goal during the frequent periods that we have dominated games.

Yesterday's game might not have been the best indicator of this, but yesterday's results showed that our main rivals can be with ease.

Edit.

Slight retraction. Swansea have less in the 'goals for' column this season than us. It's not easy this punditry business, but I'd rather the gap of ten 'goals for' difference between us and Brentford were narrower.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Should cash in and turn Poorman Road into landfill. It's a waste of land use and could be more productive. 

22 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I hope that intelligent response was in reply to the opening post rather than to my own view.

Otherwise it would demonstrate a blind inability to face up to a few home truths.

Summed up this might be concluded that there is a need for us to become more ruthless in front of goal during the frequent periods that we have dominated games.

Yesterday's game might not have been the best indicator of this, but yesterday's results showed that our main rivals can be with ease.

Edit.

Slight retraction. Swansea have less in the 'goals for' column this season than us. It's not easy this punditry business, but I'd rather the gap of ten 'goals for' difference between us and Brentford were narrower.

Steady on. 

The OP said we should have sold our best players . 

Your post is about game management , Farke being tactically outthought , other teams and us having no shots . 
My post was in direct response to the OP . Your post  was not .

When I got my degree you tended to have to answer the question being asked , not lead off about any number of other topics.

I am more than capable of facing up to “home truths” - although this is usually about opinions rather than “truths”

Yours in intelligence. 

GPB

If the OP is alluding to his football knowledge being superior, I can only think this was brought to you by the Dunning-Kruger effect.

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If the OP is alluding to his football knowledge being superior, I can only think this was brought to you by the Dunning-Kruger effect.

😂 I suspect it is far more to do with the OP being a massive WUM. Fair play , he has had his (or her’s)  desired effect. We are now accusing each other of lacking in intelligence. 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

😂 I suspect it is far more to do with the OP being a massive WUM. Fair play , he has had his (or her’s)  desired effect. We are now accusing each other of lacking in intelligence. 

Sorry, uhm too funking spass-tik too see dat, bruh. 😉

14 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Steady on. 

The OP said we should have sold our best players . 

Your post is about game management , Farke being tactically outthought , other teams and us having no shots . 
My post was in direct response to the OP . Your post  was not .

When I got my degree you tended to have to answer the question being asked , not lead off about any number of other topics.

I am more than capable of facing up to “home truths” - although this is usually about opinions rather than “truths”

Yours in intelligence. 

GPB

The Opening post was largely nonsense, but he did not just say that we should have sold our best players as you suggested. He also presented the view that he thought both Swansea and Brentford were better sides than us.

My pointing out some of the misgivings in our  current performances, including yesterday's, does not necessarily mean that I agree with him in this respect, but it does have direct relevance to his view and is by no means "off-topic."

The fact that we have won a preponderance of games this season by the single goal is a truth not an opinion. The current form of Brentford and Swansea's defensive strength are proven. 

The mention of us having become somewhat profligate in front of goal recently can be construed as opinion, I suppose. Perhaps we too will score seven sometime in the near future. I'll settle for three though.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

The Opening post was largely nonsense, but he did not just say that we should have sold our best players as you suggested. He also presented the view that he thought both Swansea and Brentford were better sides than us.

My pointing out some of the misgivings in our  current performances, including yesterday's, does not necessarily mean that I agree with him in this respect, but it does have direct relevance to his view and is by no means "off-topic."

The fact that we have won a preponderance of games this season by the single goal is a truth not an opinion. The current form of Brentford and Swansea's defensive strength are proven. 

The mention of us having become somewhat profligate in front of goal recently can be construed as opinion, I suppose. Perhaps we too will score seven sometime in the near future. I'll settle for three though.

We are now at serious  risk of boring the pants off each other . So let’s move on and hope we score 7 against Millwall. 
OTBC 

9 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well that's stretching it a bit.

I merely obliquely pointed out that posting a Googled picture of a wheely bin (or indeed a burning skip) was an unintelligent response.

That's all. If you want to construe that as accusing you of lacking intelligence then fair enough

7 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Talk about an over-reaction to 10 men drawing with a play-off contender.

Clean your room, bucko! Have a word with yourself.

Pretty ballsy 'first post'. Going to own up to any other accounts on here? 🙂

(EDIT: I agree with the sentiment!)

Edited by Feedthewolf

16 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Why didn’t you say this earlier in the season? If we had cashed in on them, I don’t think we would be where we are in the table

The OP is the same guy who has:

- made several racist comments on this forum without punishment 

- Claimed as little as a couple months ago that Farke is rubbish.

- Furthered his racist ramblings by calling the BLM movement and taking the knee 'a load of ****'

Let's not take the bald 55 year old fat guy too seriously eh.

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Pretty ballsy 'first post'. Going to own up to any other accounts on here? 🙂

(EDIT: I agree with the sentiment!)

Is it Jerry Kerry in his mr nice guy guise?.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The OP is the same guy who has:

- made several racist comments on this forum without punishment 

- Claimed as little as a couple months ago that Farke is rubbish.

- Furthered his racist ramblings by calling the BLM movement and taking the knee 'a load of ****'

Let's not take the bald 55 year old fat guy too seriously eh.

Point taken, but your last sentence hardly shows you as a beacon of tolerance. Not sure what the poster's age, weight and receding hairline has to do with his racist posting.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Point taken, but your last sentence hardly shows you as a beacon of tolerance. Not sure what the poster's age, weight and receding hairline has to do with his racist posting.

Point taken too. 

But I bet I'm not far wrong.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Let's not take the bald 55 year old fat guy too seriously eh

That was close, I'm not 55 😊

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Point taken too. 

But I bet I'm not far wrong.

Even if you're right, making that correlation isn't really helpful when you're trying to point out other people's intolerance. Just sayin' 🙂

7 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Talk about an over-reaction to 10 men drawing with a play-off contender.

Clean your room, bucko! Have a word with yourself.

The OP did not mention yesterday's game.

He considered us a lesser team than our two main rivals. Some might agree with him (binner or not) most won't. Now it seems he has history.

Let's ignore the opening post and address the wider issue then.

Perhaps the fact that we were down to ten men in the first place might  be attributed to the fact that we were being outmanoeuvred in many ways, including by the efficient man-on marking of Buendia (and Cantwell) and by some ruthless application of gamesmanship.

(In truth,  Farkeball is just about getting away with it when faced with parked busses at Carrow Road, but it needs a lot of patience and is usually a close run thing. In absolute truth, no team in this league will be a pushover though.) 

Let's just hope that Brentford and Swansea get the same treatment from Warnock (and the others) as well.

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That was close, I'm not 55 😊

To be fair you're also not racist on a football forum 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Even if you're right, making that correlation isn't really helpful when you're trying to point out other people's intolerance. Just sayin' 🙂

Hey, I'm not intolerant to 55 year old fat bald men. See my dad, for example. Well he's not bald but he's nailed down the other two. I'm intolerant of racist trolls on a Norwich forum.