lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v QPR*****

QPR happy to let us come on to them. Pukki scores by running on to the ball not having to wait for it in a crowded penalty area.

We need to trying shooting from the edge of the box, that will force them out.

We have now gone 135 minutes without looking like scoring.

Just now, Indy said:

Wow we certainly see things differently! Out of position leaving Sorensen isolated even Skipp has to cover this side too. Still we all see it differently! All been very poor!

I think it's you that see's it differently. Pretty much everyone else thinks Kenny is playing well.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

This is the sort of football blindness we see when someone's decided they don't like or rate a player. 

Not only has Mclean saved us on more than one occasion covering for others, he's got into the box to nearly score one and created our best chance of the match for Buendia.

Anyway, good first half performance and a bit unlucky not to score. 

Nothing to do with not liking a player at all, as I’ve said above! They’ve all been poor but McClean has done nothing to warrant such praise! We can all have opinions can’t we?

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

QPR happy to let us come on to them. Pukki scores by running on to the ball not having to wait for it in a crowded penalty area.

We need to trying shooting from the edge of the box, that will force them out.

We have now gone 135 minutes without looking like scoring.

QPR Don't look like a team that have not won in 8 matches do they? Credit to them

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

We’re slow in midfield, funny how slow and ****e we look when McClean starts! If Quintilla is fit enough, get McClean off move Sorensen in field and Quintilla on!

Wow. McLean has easily been our best player in that half IMO...

First touch in the game he brought it down under pressure and swivelled between two of their players to find space to feed it right for Aarons.

He played two lovely flicks round the corner first to Pukki which didn’t quite run for him and the second for Vrancic who was clearly fouled (not given).

He’s played the ball out wide to Aarons or Sorenson several times under pressure with good first time passes or players around him.

It was his through ball over the top that set Buendia away for what looked to me like a pen (admittedly only saw one replay).

He also bailed out Sorenson when he got caught out by their right winger. 

In fact I’m not even sure he gave it away in that entire half apart from that one flick for Pukki which was nearly perfect.

We’ve been disappointing and below par but to blame McLean is frankly ridiculous. I’d much sooner look at Buendia and Cantwell who look some way off their usual influential selves that we saw vs Cardiff and Reading. 

• Like 2

Just now, All the Germans said:

I think it's you that see's it differently. Pretty much everyone else thinks Kenny is playing well.

Certainly do! Playing so well what’s he done in the game?

Far too flat. QPR are playing such a high line, but the problem is with no natural wide players on the pitch we’ve got no-one to exploit it, so instead everyone is in the centre of the park and it’s playing perfectly into QPR’s hands. The midfield is so congested. Really missing a Placheta or Hernandez. Even Quintilla would be a better outlet as Sorenson is always looking to come inside on his right foot every time, whereas a natural left-footer would be more capable of driving down the line.

Really need some players to step up in the second half. Emi, Vrancic and Cantwell not asserting any kind of control at the moment.

• Like 1

Wow we certainly see things differently! Out of position leaving Sorensen isolated even Skipp has to cover this side too.

Nothing to do with Cantwell sauntering back and standing off then?

I’m not McLean’s biggest fan but he’s been our best player so far. Probably the best I’ve seen him play for some time. 

Vrancic has to do better in front of goal. 

McLean has be great all around, especially tracking back and covering. 

Cantwell is in his perpetual good/bad cycle that oscillates every 30 seconds. 

Everyone else average 

Just now, Indy said:

See the post immediately preceding your question 😂

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

First touch in the game he brought it down under pressure and swivelled between two of their players to find space to feed it right for Aarons.

He played two lovely flicks round the corner first to Pukki which didn’t quite run for him and the second for Vrancic who was clearly fouled (not given).

He’s played the ball out wide to Aarons or Sorenson several times under pressure with good first time passes or players around him.

It was his through ball over the top that set Buendia away for what looked to me like a pen (admittedly only saw one replay).

In fact I’m not even sure he gave it away in that entire half apart from that one flick for Pukki which was nearly perfect.

We’ve been disappointing and below par but to blame McLean is frankly ridiculous. I’d much sooner look at Buendia and Cantwell who look some way off their usual influential selves that we saw vs Cardiff and Reading. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

See the post above yours 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Nothing to do with Cantwell sauntering back and standing off then?

Cantwell has been ****e too! All too slow, and my point. We’re weak in midfield and when we do win the ball keep turning back passing it slow and backwards! This is a ****e QPR who have looked the stronger side!

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I don't, he's gash.  Stops the rest of the team playing.  Sure he may stop the occasional attack of the opposition, but he stops more of ours!

Nothing to do with not liking a player at all, as I’ve said above! They’ve all been poor but McClean has done nothing to warrant such praise! We can all have opinions can’t we?

I think you'll have to wake up Indy Bones to back you up tonight! McLean has easily been our best player so far. 

Can only see a penalty breaking this deadlock. We are much too predictable in the final third and allow defences time to set.

I actually just wrote you a rough list of what he did.

Also forgot to add his lovely chest down to play a one two from McGovern’s goal kick. And various times he carried the ball forwards to build our attacks. He’s done much more than Skipp!

The fact literally the entire thread is against you might be a good indicator that you’re wrong?

Hell even Indy Bones thought McLean played well that half (just kidding)

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Agree with Buendia and Cantwell. Both trying to be a bit too clever or Emi has given away a pass or two (but then we may expect the unpredictable from him).

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I don't, he's gash.  Stops the rest of the team playing.  Sure he may stop the occasional attack of the opposition, but he stops more of ours!

Are we talking tonight or generally? As I can sort of understand your position if it is a general one, if it's based upon tonight, you're just wrong.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So blind

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I actually just wrote you a rough list of what he did.

Also forgot to add his lovely chest down to play a one two from McGovern’s goal kick. And various times he carried the ball forwards to build our attacks. He’s done much more than Skipp!

The fact literally the entire thread is against you might be a good indicator that you’re wrong?

Hell even Indy Bones thought McLean played well that half (just kidding)

Nope, not having it, the entire team has been lacklustre and to say he’s our best players us up how poor we’ve been. But hey ho, it’s my opinion, no coincidence we’ve looked to have poor game again and McClean isbackin!

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It's written in the stars for Hugill to score

(this is based on it's against his old team, and nothing else. Apart from wishful thinking)

Shame we seem incapable of crossing the ball into the box or it would be setup for him to score

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nobody said he should be praised as such. Just that calling him out as a weak link is actually ridiculous. In THIS team tonight, calling out one of the better players shows that what Hog said is likely right, you have probably decided you do not like him.

I don't think its down to opinions, which are of course always welcome - some of the posters opposing you here are usually quite well reasoned in fact.

Anyone with actual eyes can see that from a purely footballing point of view and without prejudice, Kenny has been well above the bang average of the NCFC contingent on the pitch.

That's what it is. And that's what people have identified, FYI.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 3