Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

What we are achieving at the moment is astonishing

After the horrible way last season fell flat, with half of the squad affected by injury, it is just amazing that week in, week out we are producing winning performances.

Every game produces a new challenge of style and individuals, Reading were yet another style, and yet we manage to impose our style, create chances, score goal, defend well, and win.

To me it's as good as it gets. It can't last forever - some of the individual performances are just too good - but this Winter really is a vintage period. I do hope it doesn't end to soon. Daniel and the players deserve all the credit. 

• Like 8

Hardly astonishing. Best squad in the division, and apart from some idiots on here who hate and criticise, intelligent fans know it. 

We are doing what we are capable of. 

Two seasons ago was astonishing, and should tell you that it can get better, and can last the season. 

Basically, everything you posted is wrong. 

Edited by Jerrykerry
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Hardly astonishing. Best squad in the division, and apart from some idiots on here who hate and criticise, intelligent fans know it. 

Two seasons ago was astonishing, and should tell you that it can get better, and can last the season. 

I wish running a team was really that easy!

16 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

That's the spirit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Get back under your bridge.

• Like 2

With the mentality and troubled injury history of last year looking like a distant memory it is great to see grit, determination and the ability to play out wins.

It's not perfect, injuries still have effected us, not having a striker for a few games etc. However even with players such as McGovern or Zimmerman coming in, filling holes when krul and gibson will likely take their positions back is fantastic.

Last night kenny went through a rough patch in the second half, with bad positioning, 4 consecutive misplaced passes and then he managed to shake it off as a group we helped each other and got stronger to quash a period of sustained pressure by Reading.

I like that there is still learning and areas we can improve on, not just in cohesion and play but with more grit and strength.

But we are building characteristics that we are more than a threat from different areas of the pitch for a whole 90+ mins. We are showing defensive resilience and that is growing. We are not naive and playing with a knowing of how to win or position ourselves when pressure is in. Hanley was superb yesterday with his body positioning and challenging the forwards in advanced positions.

Great to get Dowell and Cantwell playing time and it looked a cut above alongside buendia and pukki.

Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

The way a losing mentality has been replaced by a winning one and how we have coped with injuries like they haven’t even occurred is truly astonishing, massive credit to Farke and his team.

As for the squad, at Championship level the club has shown since Webber and Farke have been here that they are experts at identifying the players they need to achieve their goals and getting them in. Long way to go this season but they deserve huge credit for what’s been accomplished so far. 

• Like 4

I think what we saw from Pukki last night summed it up.

He had a tough second half to last season, struggled for goals, dropped to the bench with speculation about whether his momentum had just run out.

He's already back to firing on all cylinders, scoring for fun and most importantly absolutely working his **** off for the team.

Huge amount of credit due to him and to Farke for helping these players forget about the previous horror show.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

The way a losing mentality has been replaced by a winning one and how we have coped with injuries like they haven’t even occurred is truly astonishing, massive credit to Farke and his team.

As for the squad, at Championship level the club has shown since Webber and Farke have been here that they are experts at identifying the players they need to achieve their goals and getting them in. Long way to go this season but they deserve huge credit for what’s been accomplished so far. 

Agree with this, good post. A team takes its lead from the top. In Farke, we have someone VERY competitive. He has a pleasant and warm persona but in him is this massive sporting competitiveness. It is translating (again) to the team. That second half performance was Farke all through. 

I just hope the implosion happening at Arsenal and need to completely refresh the club doesn't attract Webber and Daniel. Hopefully there is a big prize for us to keep this great management team together for much longer. I think DF is an honest and loyal man though.

Edited by sonyc

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Hands down, 100% my favourite poster currently.

Comedy gold.

And we've achieved all this with some crazy injuries. I was thinking this morning whilst brushing my teeth how good it is that we're top and yet we've still got Krul, Onel, Idah and Xavi to come back, plus Cantwell and Dowell are only just getting back into the team, and then 3 hours later I've just remembered that we also have Rupp (arguably our best midfielder before he got injured) to come back! Our squad depth is absolutely insane. And that's before you even start thinking about some of our barely-seen youngsters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

And we've achieved all this with some crazy injuries. I was thinking this morning whilst brushing my teeth how good it is that we're top and yet we've still got Krul, Onel, Idah and Xavi to come back, plus Cantwell and Dowell are only just getting back into the team, and then 3 hours later I've just remembered that we also have Rupp (arguably our best midfielder before he got injured) to come back! Our squad depth is absolutely insane. And that's before you even start thinking about some of our barely-seen youngsters.

....and Byram,and Mumba.

14 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

....and Byram,and Mumba.

And Gibson and Placheta. We are still close to having a team of injured players that would survive in this division 

I fully agree with the OP

The fact that I can’t find anything to moan  about speaks volumes and I ain’t shy about having the occasional moan 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

And Gibson and Placheta. We are still close to having a team of injured players that would survive in this division 

Mumba I was including in my 'barely-seen youngsters' comment. I had completely forgotten about Byram though, another good one.

Gibson yes, although he's only just got injured. And I intentionally left out Placheta as I don't think he's as good as most of our other midfielders, so i don't know if he'll be challenging for starts when everyone else is fit.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Get back under your bridge.

Noticed how JK never actually posts anything to do with City, just literally posts to have a pop at other posters, ala the keyboard warrior he (she?) is? The fact they never respond when directly confronted makes them a cowardly keyboard warrior. 

2 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Hands down, 100% my favourite poster currently.

Comedy gold.

Me too. There aren't too many on here where you can say that absolutely everything they post is hilarious, but JK is right up there.

4 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You love a reaction don’t you?

Quintillla as well to come back seems to be forgotten, is it because you don't want him back.  Having a defensive liability back to bolster the team cannot be a good thing.  The occasional cross into the danger area to non existent strikers does not offset the disadvantages.  And wasting money on recruiting him for the PL if we get there is madness.  Mystery injury does nothing to inspire confidence.