hogesar

Farke has no idea, doesn't make subs

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No matter what i keep trying whatever that is nobody around here can match your egotistical arrogance. No need whatsoever for you to start this thread other than to have a pop at fans.

I've ran out of reactions to give you for your persistent attempts to have a go, but just so you know it would have the laughing one.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Good post. But I think Farke deserves better than what some have given him this past week. I'm not tarring everyone. Those who it applies to know.

Yeah you’re not wrong  - unfortunately I can’t see those few posters ever changing! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just because he got it right today doesn’t prove he got it right (or wrong) in theprevious two games 

doh! 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

It works both ways. The final whistle had hardly blown before a smarmy post appears on here criticising posters when they had been asking for substitutions. 

Just enjoy the win FFS.

Exactly Capt. P.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I've ran out of reactions to give you for your persistent attempts to have a go, but just so you know it would have the laughing one.

You really need to get over yourself but i am pretty sure that day will never come and yes how dare i have a go about you having a go.

Have a lovely evening.

Yep got it spot on today, other games (Luton, Coventry) he gets it wrong, that's football 🤷‍♂️. I don't get the obsession here with deliberately trying to get a rise out of fans who support the same club, but I suppose that's what makes this forum mildly amusing at times. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You really need to get over yourself but i am pretty sure that day will never come and yes how dare i have a go about you having a go.

Have a lovely evening.

You too! Try to stay calm when posting online Til, not good for you to get all worked up late on a Saturday night. 😉

Ok - so why It was ok to bring in Omotoye today but not last week, in as near to similar circumstances as you’ll get?  
Farke shouldn’t be and isn’t exempt from criticism, so long as it makes sense; I don’t usually have too much of an opinion either way on subs but for me, he still got it wrong v Coventry.  Making the late sub today was precisely what he didn’t do last week, but we won...so how does that make him ‘right’ both times?

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok - so why It was ok to bring in Omotoye today but not last week, in as near to similar circumstances as you’ll get?  
Farke shouldn’t be and isn’t exempt from criticism, so long as it makes sense; I don’t usually have too much of an opinion either way on subs but for me, he still got it wrong v Coventry.  Making the late sub today was precisely what he didn’t do last week, but we won...so how does that make him ‘right’ both times?

I imagine in very typical Farke history, he wanted Omotoye to earn his place via training rather than the fact he was simply forced to be on the bench, and the fact he's had much more time with the first team to have a better understanding of what Farke wants.

I dont know for sure but Farke has a fantastic record of bringing younger players into the first team at the right time.

To be fair, bringing on Martin was about the only realistic attacking option he had, so I reckon that decision made itself to some extent. Definitely deserves credit for the system change though! Glad he didn't bring Zim on again as that hasn't seemed to work too well so far.

You could argue that Farke bringing on Omotoye today was a tacit admission that he got it wrong v Cov and shows he’s learnt from it.

He has improved with the subs this season I will happily admit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You absolutely geniuses.

How many times does Farke have to prove he knows what he's doing, before keyboard warriors claim we definitely would have done better if Farke made sub a, sub b, or whatever.

Calling people “keyboard warriors” as you proceed to lay into them doesn’t make you look clever at all!

So thats good, we ere really awful, didn't have a clue how to break them down, conceded the obligatory goal but eventually managed to get the winning goals although our game plan went out of the window

so lets act like Keith Scott and have a go at other posters.

Hoggy, I like reading some of your posts and admire your absolute dedication to the cause but this OP is nothing more than inflammatory.

As others have said, just rejoice that somehow we did it again and sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So thats good, we ere really awful, didn't have a clue how to break them down, conceded the obligatory goal but eventually managed to get the winning goals although our game plan went out of the window

Hoggy, I like reading some of your posts and admire your absolute dedication to the cause but this OP is nothing more than inflammatory.

As others have said, just rejoice that somehow we did it again and sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Absolutely, the joys of being a City fan KG😉

>”Farke doesn’t give the Yoof on the bench a chance”

>both goals scored by youth players Farke has given a chance. One of which came off the bench

0E740796-95E4-41CA-BB31-027CBE9EFE75.gif.c34317de475ff252a4d9ddc72b58b324.gif

Edited by The Real Buh

55 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It didn't seem like that in the ground Pops. Sheffield Weds were really solid but we kept trying. And kept playing our football. We got our just rewards and were no way lucky to win.

Really enjoyed the game and after last season really enjoyed celebrating the goals when they went in rather than wait for someone somewhere else fart arsing around drawing lines on a screen🙃

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It didn't seem like that in the ground Pops. Sheffield Weds were really solid but we kept trying. And kept playing our football. We got our just rewards and were no way lucky to win.

Really enjoyed the game and after last season really enjoyed celebrating the goals when they went in rather than wait for someone somewhere else fart arsing around drawing lines on a screen🙃

What a game for you and your family to be back for. So pleased for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Glad you got a ticket Double N. 

I thought we were too slow in our buildup. Against Stoke we started like a train and our superior class bewildered them. And against Brizzle we kept up a great tempo for as long as possible. And even the first 25 minutes against Coventry were sharp.

No team in this division can live with us when we play with tempo as our players have more skill.

Luton and today, I thought we over passed it.

Anyway, lovely to be able to sing and cheer for you. Nothing like a live match.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Absolutely has a point though. Never known someone take pleasure at criticising their fellow fans, what's that all about!? You seem motivated to package it up that opinionated and irrational comments from emotive fans is exclusive to Norwich City. Strange really. 

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Absolutely has a point though. Never known someone take pleasure at criticising their fellow fans, what's that all about!? You seem motivated to package it up that opinionated and irrational comments from emotive fans is exclusive to Norwich City. Strange really. 

Wait a minute. Feel free to look back at the criticism I got for defending Farke. Go further back and look at the personal abuse I got at one stage for daring to defend 'league one standard mario vrancic'.

I was a happy clapper that embodied everything that was wrong at this club and why we would never get back to the prem etc etc.

So apologies if sometimes it comes back the other way. But please don't make out its one direction. 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I thought we were too slow in our buildup. Against Stoke we started like a train and our superior class bewildered them. And against Brizzle we kept up a great tempo for as long as possible. And even the first 25 minutes against Coventry were sharp.

No team in this division can live with us when we play with tempo as our players have more skill.

Having watched so many games in ifollow I did wonder what I'd have made of it if I hadn't been there. My guess is I'd have been frustrated because it was a war of attrition. But when you're there you are invested in that war and feel part of all that effort our players put in. They got what they deserved.

4 hours ago, All the Germans said:

They wouldn't care. Not even a little bit. They are both sensible people and understand the system. Win and you're amazing, lose and you're awful. Even if you dominated the game you lost and stole the game you won.

They are professional enough to be realistic about it. But Webber has actually been quite pointed in criticizing negative fans in the past. And he's right.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Again, KG its in response to some of the stick I've had for defending decisions. It doesn't apply to everyone. 

I must say I dont agree fully with your thoughts on the match we weren't at our best, which we won't be until we have our best players all back, but we had 70% of the ball, more shots, more chances, more corners, more passes, more forward passes, more anything. Wednesday scored with one excellent cross against the run of play and defended really well but we deserved to win. And did.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Has it occurred to you that all those passes were to wear down a very well organised, defensive team so we could hit them in the last ten minutes when they tire? Ie, that a manager who's got us to the top of the league during the worst injury crisis in the division knows what he's doing?

Edited by Mr.Carrow

15 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I sometimes wonder what Webber or Farke would think reading this board after draws and defeats and just cringe. Ever negative righteous moaners can drive good people out of clubs and it needs to spoken out against. If just a couple of people become more trusting and supportive then it's worth it.

Farke and Webber both hold senior, well paid positions in football. Both of them know that fan criticism is something that comes with the territory. Neither of them will be driven out by a few threads asking why we didn't make subs earlier.

Its good to see a young manager evolving and improving. Farke has definitely struggled in the past with using subs and his squad but this season suggests he's developed his approach significantly.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

. Neither of them will be driven out by a few threads asking why we didn't make subs earlier.

They probably wont answer  either.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Its good to see a young manager evolving and improving. Farke has definitely struggled in the past with using subs and his squad but this season suggests he's developed his approach significantly.

And developed  the variety within the squad, allowing effective subs. ..and thats with half the squad injured!