Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match thread v Millwall*****

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

He's probably not a massive Hanley fan either. 😆

Aye, you thinking exactly what I was thinking there? 😉

Wait, this is Grant Hanley. It should be "aye, ye thinkin wor I thinkin' laddie??"

Triple sub and according to the live EDP feed we've gone 3-5-2 with Aarons as left wing-back and Skipp on the right. Even more interesting, the middle three is McLean, Vrancic, and Buendia.

Now, FFS, let Buendia go box-to-box...

Change hasn't helped at all, so far. It's swung it the other way if anything.

Just lacked a cutting edge today unfortunately, defence held their shape well throughout though.

Thought the triple change actually quietened us down quite a bit at the end but oh well.

On to Swansea!

Perhaps the number of games in the last fortnight have taken their toll, but we didn't seem to really make enough of things when we were on top.

Still, 6 unbeaten, and we move on.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that's 90 minutes of my life wasted. Dreadful game with zero quality. Two points dropped.

I spent a tenner on the stream, but honestly, get a grip - 14 points from 18 is a good return.

• Like 1

Shame we couldn’t win this one, but pleased to see us doing a much better job at shutting out their chances. Other than that shot at the end which was a bit sloppy they created nothing!

We didn’t seem to create quite enough, but were always on the front foot...there’ll always be odd games we don’t score, the trick is not to concede and barring that late clip of the top of the bar, we never looked like doing.

One thing we really must do is work at set pieces - we are about as ‘ordinary’ as you can be at corners, we seem to have next to no threat at all.

The triple substitution took the momentum out of our game.  It took most of the rest of the match to figure it out. If you are going to make such a radical change do it earlier ffs.  And why was Rupp taken off, he was the main man.  Baffled ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I spent a tenner on the stream, but honestly, get a grip - 14 points from 18 is a good return.

Glad you enjoyed it. I was commenting on this game, not the one before, or the one after.

It was a poor game, but our unbeaten run continues.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that's 90 minutes of my life wasted. Dreadful game with zero quality. Two points dropped.

Wasn’t that bad at all, we’ve played worse this season and won!

That’s a game we really should’ve won but I’ll take the point. Looking forward to having Idah, Quintilla and maybe Cantwell back on Saturday.

I’m still incredibly unconvinced by Hugill.

A few positives to take out of that game, unfortunately none of them from the final third.

Sorenson looks like he can become a class player, Rupp is our midfield don, Hanley had a good game. 

Just frustrating that our decision making in the final third often leaves too much to be desired. We can say "20 shots" or whatever, but often predictable pot shots which would have been better refrained from. 

Still, unbeaten run extended. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

We needed just one sub change. Cantwell for a tiring Stiepermann. Why change the whole set up when we were totally in command. Difficult to beat these very defensive line ups but the final ball and shooting was never very good. Placheta looks a good prospect with his strength and ball control but never really attacked the full back on the outside. Have yet to see signs of his lightning pace.