Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that goal yesterday?

https://twitter.com/iwritethings23/status/1322531825940635649?s=20

Hopefully the above link has worked. Didn’t see a thread about this (apologies if there is) and felt it really deserves one.

I mean, wow. What.A.Goal. That’s Bergkamp vs Argentina type class.

That’s why Farke will persevere with him through any dips in form, any moment he can come up with that. Wow. Also, a great pass (as were Stieps and Sorensons for the other 2 goals) from Gibson.

Things are starting to gel. OTBC.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Thanks 3

I have to say that I often think that Emi has the mentality of a child. He's over emotional, he thinks the world is against him, he's selfish, he sulks and mopes, he rages, he doesn't always consider consequences, his mood is written into his face. Of his natural football ability, I have no doubts. And of course when it's going well, he plays with a unconcealable joy.

There are times when I tire of Daniel Farke, but it seems that he will not tolerate players becoming servants to their own ego, and for that reason Emi and Todd are under the right manager at the moment. Move them to a bigger club, shower them with adulation, suck up to them, and I would fear for the careers of both.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Hopefully the above link has worked. Didn’t see a thread about this (apologies if there is) and felt it really deserves one.

That’s why Farke will persevere with him through any dips in form, any moment he can come up with that. Wow. Also, a great pass (as were Stieps and Sorensons for the other 2 goals) from Gibson.

There's a reason why he shares a birthday with Jesus. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's a reason why he shares a birthday with Jesus. 

Correction. Jesus shares a Birthday with Emi. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Thanks for the link, knew it was good, but in the moment (jumping around the room, spilling beer etc), hadn’t realised just how good. The self belief is just breathtaking and as with the rest of the  game puts the long-ball dimension into perspective. Of course it can’t work every time but the mix between short and long game was brilliant yesterday and very, very difficult to play against.

The touch was sublime and the way he got his shot away whilst being shoved in the back by the defender was superb. I thought Pukki's first goal was just as good though, terrific first touch putting him in the perfect position to score.

10 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Thanks for the link, knew it was good, but in the moment (jumping around the room, spilling beer etc), hadn’t realised just how good. The self belief is just breathtaking and as with the rest of the  game puts the long-ball dimension into perspective. Of course it can’t work every time but the mix between short and long game was brilliant yesterday and very, very difficult to play against.

The bit in bold is key. There's a world of difference between aimless long balls and targeted direct passes. Bristol had a fair few out injured and also a day less to recover from their game against Bournemouth compared to our draw at Brentford, but that was precisely why putting a speedster down the flank in Placheta with the aim of stretching the game a clever move from Farke.

If that had been Messi or Ronaldo it would be all over the media as one of the great goals of re ent times. The touch, not just the first one, was sublime. That my friends is why EMI is rightly rated in the £40m plus bracket. He is young and will only get better. Thank the good lord he is one of us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The bit in bold is key. There's a world of difference between aimless long balls and targeted direct passes. Bristol had a fair few out injured and also a day less to recover from their game against Bournemouth compared to our draw at Brentford, but that was precisely why putting a speedster down the flank in Placheta with the aim of stretching the game a clever move from Farke.

Agree, it's been great to see the mix now of possession and long ball. 

The ball from Sorensen was my favourite of the 3 and all 3 were brilliant. 

All 3 touches are genius. The first to stop it, it comes over his body yet he watches it all the way onto his foot, dead. The second is so soft (and needs to be) to then perfectly set up the third which is a perfectly placed shot into the bottom corner. A thing of beauty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You forget to add a question mark to your title 😉

My apologies 😀

Krul is fully deserving of your thread, as he is most weeks. A true leader on the pitch.

Edited by Fiery Zac

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Agree it was a damn good goal but on a par with this?? Really??

Bergkamp vs Argentina is my all time favourite goal, I remember watching as a kid just in awe and amazement at what he’d done. Bergkamp easily my favourite non city player ever.

No, Buendias goal isn’t as good but it’s what immediately came to mind when I saw it. Three touches, all sublime. I stand by what I said, it’s of that class simply because each touch was perfect and the level of skill needed to accomplish each one, and score a goal at the end of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's all about the first touch, that was the top drawer bit, couldn't have brought that ball down any better. 

They released another angle of the goal today - I actually think Emi's second touch is as good as his first as, with his movement, the ball ius slightly behind him now, and he has to sort of flick his foot sidewards at speed to bring it back in front - amazing at pace.

9 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

This view shows what an inch perfect, peach of a pass it was too.👍

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1322689814693556225

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's all about the first touch, that was the top drawer bit, couldn't have brought that ball down any better. 

Agreed, the first touch is the bit very few, if any, other players can do in this league.

He nearly repeated the trick later in the game with an equally ridiculous touch, plucking the ball out of the air and getting a shot away on his left which ended up being straight at the keeper. 

Love him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agree it was a damn good goal but on a par with this?? Really??

Think it was better. First touch is almost identical, & Bergkamp's 2nd was too far away, enough to let in an astute defender. And he wasn't being fouled.

I've seen Bergkamp score goals for Arsenal that looked physically impossible. Up there with Best & Maradonna.

Emi wasn't being fouled.

Bergkamps first touch brings the ball under control in front of him.

Emi's first touch was brilliant, but was slightly behind his stride which is why his second, for me, is even better, it's slightly improvised to shift the ball out from under him enough to strike at goal.

Begkamp also had a defender to beat who was goal side of him which he did with his second touch.

I think it is very difficult to argue Emi's is better. But the fact it is being compared to such a high quality goal goes to show you how good it was. Above all else, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that it was the goal that put the game to bed really and got us the three points away from home against a promotion rival.

• Like 1