Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Better start than the other relegated clubs..

Recommended Posts

If things stay as they are.

As I've said the past few weeks, the criticism for fluke games like Derby have been ridiculously over the top and with no easy games in the championship the 'why didn't we score 5 against Wycombe' bunch look a bit silly when they then go and get a point against Watford.

Been creative all season, sat in the top 6 places for chances created all season. Long may it continue. Pleased to see Farke stick to his guns and the abuse he got for the Emi and Cantwell decisions is looking more stupid by the day.

We look every bit like a team that can get promoted this season, with the caveat we can't afford many injuries in our defence.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hogesar said:

If things stay as they are.

As I've said the past few weeks, the criticism for fluke games like Derby have been ridiculously over the top and with no easy games in the championship the 'why didn't we score 5 against Wycombe' bunch look a bit silly when they then go and get a point against Watford.

Been creative all season, sat in the top 6 places for chances created all season. Long may it continue. Pleased to see Farke stick to his guns and the abuse he got for the Emi and Cantwell decisions is looking more stupid by the day.

We look every bit like a team that can get promoted this season, with the caveat we can't afford many injuries in our defence.

đź‘Ź

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Il Pirata said:

Dropping Cantwell has been a cracking move, as I've said all along. 

Was amusing seeing him on the bench watching on looking like he was thinking

 

'Yeah I'm not gonna be starting again for a while am I?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was amusing seeing him on the bench watching on looking like he was thinking

 

'Yeah I'm not gonna be starting again for a while am I?'

Why exactly was that amusing?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Dropping Cantwell has been a cracking move, as I've said all along. 

He will be an integral player this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, All the Germans said:

Why exactly was that amusing?

Amusing to see a player who it would seem did not want to play for us a short while ago now looking annoyed that he's probably not going to be playing for us again for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Amusing to see a player who it would seem did not want to play for us a short while ago now looking annoyed that he's probably not going to be playing for us again for a while.

Very key words in that sentence made bold; but lets all jump to conclusions without having actual knowledge of the situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He will be an integral player this season.

Hopefully. But not shown a lot for a long time now, and no coincidence our form is improving without him. I like the lad, but he's so overrated. Vrancic and Steipermann are far more effective - they actually create and score. Buendia is a different level, and Placheta and Hernandez offer blistering pace we need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Amusing to see a player who it would seem did not want to play for us a short while ago now looking annoyed that he's probably not going to be playing for us again for a while.

It was all complete speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bournemouth are above us in the table and are unbeaten

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, the criticism after Derby was warranted. We weren’t at our best and a total failure to capitalise on our chances resulted in a sucker punch loss to a team with 0 points. However since that game we’ve been better, and things seem to be starting to click. To take 13 points from a possible 15 shows we can grind out results, but it’s the way that the performances are improving that leaves me very hopeful. Let’s take stock at Christmas and see just how excited we can allow ourselves to get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Hopefully. But not shown a lot for a long time now, and no coincidence our form is improving without him. I like the lad, but he's so overrated. Vrancic and Steipermann are far more effective - they actually create and score. Buendia is a different level, and Placheta and Hernandez offer blistering pace we need. 

Stieps understanding of Pukki's movement means that even though he's not as good a player as Cantwell he's probably more effective than anyone else in that 10 position generally. I don't think Cantwell is overrated at all but of course, he'll now have to fight for a place back after today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I mean, the criticism after Derby was warranted. We weren’t at our best and a total failure to capitalise on our chances resulted in a sucker punch loss to a team with 0 points. However since that game we’ve been better, and things seem to be starting to click. To take 13 points from a possible 15 shows we can grind out results, but it’s the way that the performances are improving that leaves me very hopeful. Let’s take stock at Christmas and see just how excited we can allow ourselves to get!

We completely dominated them start to finish but couldn't take our chances - those games happen to every team but the performance itself didnt' deserve anywhere near the level of criticsm that was on here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We completely dominated them start to finish but couldn't take our chances - those games happen to every team but the performance itself didnt' deserve anywhere near the level of criticsm that was on here.

The criticism of the performance was driven by criticism of the result and to be honest, had been coming. I don’t think it was unfair for people to be disappointed that a relegated premier league team couldn’t put away a single chance against a winless Derby side that were short on confidence. There’s too much expectation on here sometimes that fans should just suck it up when results don’t go our way, it’s good to see that people care enough to be royally hacked off when we dominate a game but can’t put the ball in the net, and then concede a totally avoidable goal because we don’t commit an early foul. Thankfully it looks like that painful lesson has been learnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The criticism of the performance was driven by criticism of the result and to be honest, had been coming. I don’t think it was unfair for people to be disappointed that a relegated premier league team couldn’t put away a single chance against a winless Derby side that were short on confidence. There’s too much expectation on here sometimes that fans should just suck it up when results don’t go our way, it’s good to see that people care enough to be royally hacked off when we dominate a game but can’t put the ball in the net, and then concede a totally avoidable goal because we don’t commit an early foul. Thankfully it looks like that painful lesson has been learnt.

At the end of the day you can be hacked off at a result but still not call for Farkes head and half the players and board. 

Like I said, the performance was fine. We dominated it start to finish. Some like me said it was clear we were going in the right direction and results would come. Others said we'd be 18th and Farke would be gone by now....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bournemouth are ahead of Norwich by 1 fewer goal conceded.. Same Pts, same Goals Scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bournemouth struggled today and only equalised late on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auto promotion has to be the objective. Absolutely no reason why we can't. We didn't lose all the crown jewels so no excuses in my opinion.

Must make sure we keep Emi in January as well as strengthen our defence. We look very good going forward, plenty of options for midfield, but the defence concerns me. We look dodgy every single game, and every pundit calls it out, that might be our undoing. We might be able to cope with a makeshift LB, but we are an injury away to Hanley or Gibson and we're scraping the barrel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pete said:

Bournemouth struggled today and only equalised late on.

You could say the same of Norwich against against Brentford.

Norwich's For column not looking too bad. Their Against, as usual, not quite as competitive !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Very key words in that sentence made bold; but lets all jump to conclusions without having actual knowledge of the situation.

Welcome to the Pink Un.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it is pretty irrelevant what our performances are like compared to other relegated clubs, but I agree with the sentiments that we have the wherewithal to do well this season. Farke also juggling his resources well, trying to include more players in a season where rotating and keeping players fresh is going to be so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half today was up there with 2018-19, including the giveaway goal. Some of our football was just fantastic. 

So if you're an opposition coach how do you set up against us now? Invite us on and we kill you. Defend in depth and we score in the last few minutes when you're knackered. Press us and we play around you. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The criticism of the performance was driven by criticism of the result and to be honest, had been coming. I don’t think it was unfair for people to be disappointed that a relegated premier league team couldn’t put away a single chance against a winless Derby side that were short on confidence. There’s too much expectation on here sometimes that fans should just suck it up when results don’t go our way, it’s good to see that people care enough to be royally hacked off when we dominate a game but can’t put the ball in the net, and then concede a totally avoidable goal because we don’t commit an early foul. Thankfully it looks like that painful lesson has been learnt.

That’s an interesting point. We got four yellow cards today when we should have been comfortable throughout the game. I think two, maybe three (the other was Krul’s for some pointless time-wasting), were for pulling back a player in a dangerous position and stopping a breakaway and the ones I remember were I think in the opposition’s half. Perhaps Farke has had a word with the team about this? If you’re going to do it, do it early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Todd play in some of these games including 90 mins when we beat Brum?

Deployment of the skipp'n'rupp has been important...

IMG_20201003_220350.jpg.f7a2edbedcf078dac07238604308f897.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pantwetting from some fans is pathetic. 

What are the pinkun moaners going to whine about tonight after a great display? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

What are the pinkun moaners going to whine about tonight after a great display? 

Their fellow fans, apparently...

..but then again, that's all you ever seem to do.

Maybe you should take up a hobby, get some joy into your life? Sky diving without a parachute?

OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

The pantwetting from some fans is pathetic. 

What are the pinkun moaners going to whine about tonight after a great display? 

Well it’s very disturbing to see Gibson pick up yet another yellow, he’s obviously going to be suspended soon, or worse get himself sent off. He should play more like Hanley, no booking and also no tackles today. And what was he thinking with that hoofball upfield - to Emi of all the people he could have aimed at? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Stieps understanding of Pukki's movement means that even though he's not as good a player as Cantwell he's probably more effective than anyone else in that 10 position generally. I don't think Cantwell is overrated at all but of course, he'll now have to fight for a place back after today.

Indeed. The fact both Stieps and Buendia have that understanding with Pukki made it much more difficult for Bristol to nullify him today.

The scary thing is we still aren't being hugely clinical...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...