Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

season ticket refund options announced

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

They're probably as delighted as you are 🙂

TBH, they have actually called me a couple of times to,  keeping me updated. So whilst i was complaining about their lack of comms on the website / socials, Im happy with their handling of my 'complaint'. 

Appreciate this isnt high on everyones agenda, but if some people have got the info they required from here, and thats saved them having to contact the club, it makes it easier  for other people to get through! 

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Someone in the ticket office is being made redundant as we speak 😉

Christ Frank, whilst loads of people are being made redundant / furloughed etc, I think that is in poor taste. 

Par for the course for you though im afraid! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

TBH, they have actually called me a couple of times to,  keeping me updated. So whilst i was complaining about their lack of comms on the website / socials, Im happy with their handling of my 'complaint'. 

Appreciate this isnt high on everyones agenda, but if some people have got the info they required from here, and thats saved them having to contact the club, it makes it easier  for other people to get through! 

Thanks Greavsy.

I'm happy with the plan to use my full payment for next season, so works for me.

49 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

looks like they are rolling season ticket money over to next years now. update on website

Yes, just received email to that effect.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you continue to pay by DD your final payment for 21/22 will be made in January 21 which means a 12 month payment holiday until February 22 when payments for 22/23 will commence.

Right or wrong Greavsy if you follow my thought ?

TBH Tilly, as I've paid in full for mine, I haven't fully read the monthly options - bit selfish I know! 

But  yes i theory, that's my understanding, you get a 'pay free season' until everything returns to 'normal' Obviously that assumes fans are allowed back in at the start of next season.  

22 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or that some of the earlier figures in the media were indeed an underestimate of what damage the pandemic would do to the club's finances this season but there is still no reason at all to suppose there will be any kind of appeal to supporters to donate money.

No mention in the email of a begging-bowl request for money to be donated. Odd, that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No mention in the email of a begging-bowl request for money to be donated. Odd, that.

Give it time...........................
People are still paying atm, im sure they will come up with something to take advantage when the payment break kicks in. 

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No season ticket income between January 2021 and February 2022 will surely result in some sort of begging bowl to cover that period ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank God for us ST holders eh?

For those who decide not keep paying, will they get the benefit of the frozen ST price for next season? 

Seems sensible overall, but I just hope that if games do become available then tickets are allocated fairly and all fans get an equal chance and none of this bubble crap.

Massive gap in revenue for next season allied to a reduced parachute payment!

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Christ Frank, whilst loads of people are being made redundant / furloughed etc, I think that is in poor taste. 

If anyone else had put that you would have found it funny

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If anyone else had put that you would have found it funny

Not at all, poor taste is poor taste, whoever says it. 

People losing jobs is never funny. 

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Par for the course of this forum. Many here more interested in trying to crack a joke than having an actual interesting discussion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

No season ticket income between January 2021 and February 2022 will surely result in some sort of begging bowl to cover that period ?

I think it's clever. Subsidise the loss of all income now by at least keeping season ticket revenue coming and then take the hit when other revenue streams are at least bringing in money when crowds are back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, and rather than credit the club on it they'll keep saying its coming till it still doesn't, and then go quiet.

I personally don't get some sort of weird kick out of slating the club I support for something they...havent actually done....but each to their own. 

Those who do, hardly surprising.

With a loss of income  next year maybe a reissuing of the bond they did for the training facility would be an appropriate approach to get money into the club 

I am sure all loyal canary fans would dig deep to help find the club in some ways would like to see it mandatory for season ticket holders 

10 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

With a loss of income  next year maybe a reissuing of the bond they did for the training facility would be an appropriate approach to get money into the club 

At least you have identified the problem Uncle Fred by looking at the big picture for the period January 2021 for the onward twelve months into 2022 with no income stream for season ticket sales but then again those that choose to play the poster and not the post it is hardly surprising. The hole during that year will be several million with 20,000 plus season ticket holders which will have to be filled.

Pointing out that fact is seen as criticism of the club for what was announced yesterday rather than a dose of reality when you are working to a self sustaining model.

11 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am sure all loyal canary fans would dig deep to help find the club in some ways would like to see it mandatory for season ticket holders 

You have struck just the right tone with that (comparitively) subtle sarcasm. 🤓

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am well aware there will be a hole in the finances for 2020-21 (and pehaps further on). I have been saying for weeks now it will be significantly bigger than the £5m figure I’ve seen banded about. Not least because, even as optimistic plans were being made for spectators, I was sceptical that they  would be allowed in at all this season in any numbers, and said the club had to budget for in effect zero revenue not just from tickets but catering too, and to an extent commercial. So a loss of income of £15m or more.

Against that the first season’s parachute payment of, at a rough calculation, £51.9m has to be factored in. As does income from player sales. Going on credible reports the basic fees for Lewis and Godfrey come to £40m, although of course we don’t get that all at once, but then we don’t pay out all at once either. And I now expect there will be one other money-spinning sale.

Given all that, I would be amazed if anyone at the club thought it would be a good idea to ask the fans, many of whom are struggling financially, to cough up money to help plug whatever the gap is when there are many millions coming in.

If the situation was desperate, and I doubt it would be, then an appeal might be made to businesses and wealthy individuals, but certainly not to the poor benighted supporters. If I am wrong £100 will wing its way to nutty for the CSF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

If the situation was desperate, and I doubt it would be, then an appeal might be made to businesses and wealthy individuals, but certainly not to the poor benighted supporters. If I am wrong £100 will wing its way to nutty for the CSF.

There is a pretty wealthy couple from the area- one made their name as a TV chef I think- wonder if they might respond to this appeal for funds....

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

There is a pretty wealthy couple from the area- one made their name as a TV chef I think- wonder if they might respond to this appeal for funds....

Aren't they from Suffolk? I'd heard they were buying Marcus Evans out...🤓

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Aren't they from Suffolk? I'd heard they were buying Marcus Evans out...🤓

Oh no, you need some mega funds to take on that debt.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Oh no, you need some mega funds to take on that debt.

No-one would take on the debt King . The new purchaser would agree a price with Evans (let's say £30m) And Evans would have to swallow the debt (roughly £100m). No-one is going to pay £130m for them with so few assets.

18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I can see where you are coming from and there is plenty of middle ground between 740 bondholders and 22,000 season ticket holders. I suspect any rate of return they offer will be much less than the Bond Scheme. 

Could be of some benefit if still in the Championship but £5 million is unlikely to contribute much to a Premier League season which is where we should be next time round given our financial advantages this season.

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am well aware there will be a hole in the finances for 2020-21 (and pehaps further on). I have been saying for weeks now it will be significantly bigger than the £5m figure I’ve seen banded about. Not least because, even as optimistic plans were being made for spectators, I was sceptical that they  would be allowed in at all this season in any numbers, and said the club had to budget for in effect zero revenue not just from tickets but catering too, and to an extent commercial. So a loss of income of £15m or more.

Against that the first season’s parachute payment of, at a rough calculation, £51.9m has to be factored in. As does income from player sales. Going on credible reports the basic fees for Lewis and Godfrey come to £40m, although of course we don’t get that all at once, but then we don’t pay out all at once either. And I now expect there will be one other money-spinning sale.

Given all that, I would be amazed if anyone at the club thought it would be a good idea to ask the fans, many of whom are struggling financially, to cough up money to help plug whatever the gap is when there are many millions coming in.

To add, very much for simplicity’s sake I have assumed there will be no ticket income this season, so the hole in the finances is a reality now, but there will be some income if some season ticket holders allow their money to stay with the club, to pay off next season’s ticket.

In that case the hole is more likely to be partly this season and partly next, and probably more pronounced next. But then either we will have been promoted back or will have a second year of parachute payments, of around £42m.