Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

season ticket refund options announced

....I was unable to watch our last home game on EFL i follow as I had some important business to attend to.....Tomorrow will be the first time I will be accessing EFL i follow to watch our home match.....I do hope there's no fluctuatin' stutterin' an' bufferin' glitches or gremlins in the NCFC EFL i follow transmission?.....

I also hope just before kick-off that NHL/Fed Ex or some other express delivery company will be delivering a couple of padded cushions and a matchday programme to my gaff? Oh and also that Deliveroo will be bringing me my complimentary beverage and biccies at half-time?...After all I do so wish to retain my NCFC home game soccerkickyfussball experience that the best part of £850.00 ST costs allow me and of which that I'm accustomed to.... 

Fug it....I'll probably just put on my waterproofs and watch it on Sky Sports through some pub window......

26 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Given the season is only 3 games old, and we have played just one home game to-date, it isn’t the world’s most pressing thing for me that this has been delayed a little.  The intention was for us to get back a bit more to normality with up to 8000 attending games but things have had to change.  IMO it is not a big deal, refunds will come when they come, it’s not like the club is trying to fleece us and not repay. 

I disagree, they have had my money since February (as I pay the whole lot up front) and to not tell us that they are changing their refund policy after the first deadline that they set themselves having agreed it via fan consultation is very poor form indeed. 

I am reaching the point as someone who has held a season ticket for 22 years straight that I have had enough of their disregard for us supporters, despite what Delia might tell us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Again, trying to keep on topic. 

Ticket office called me last night andd assured me there would be an update on their website today. 

That hasn't happened! 

I have just spoken to them again and been told that it will updated next week, once the updated process is fully agreed. Letters are to be sent over weekend. 

I think this is poor from the club, and should keep us informed when things change. I totally accept its out of the their hands, but communication is key. 

Thanks for your updates they are apricated.  Shame you have to put up with trolls but that's the PU for you. 

2 minutes ago, Ren said:

Thanks for your updates they are apricated.  Shame you have to put up with trolls but that's the PU for you. 

Thanks Ren, appreciate that. 

I am just trying to share my information, as the club seem to be unwilling to do so for what ever reason. 

Every site has its share of them I guess, with their own agenda, and self importance. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ren said:

I disagree, they have had my money since February (as I pay the whole lot up front) and to not tell us that they are changing their refund policy after the first deadline that they set themselves having agreed it via fan consultation is very poor form indeed. 

I am reaching the point as someone who has held a season ticket for 22 years straight that I have had enough of their disregard for us supporters, despite what Delia might tell us.  

So you do think the club is actually trying to fleece you?

I was wondering where the pro rata refunds were, and did check my account the other day,.  In an ideal world the club would have updated us before changing things again but it’s only been a couple of days - there’s a lot of crap going on so I think we can cut some slack.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No one has said that, but the truth is we have no idea what the club are doing. 

it would have been nice to have been updated, once the date they declared was passed, without anything happening. 

The away memberships were also late to be refunded too, without any reason or apology. 

For a club that set deadlines for renewals and the like, what we have to adhere to - it should work the other way too. 

Quite so, but all I’m saying is  given the current climate we can cut them some slack.  If Govt can one week tell everyone to start back working in their offices and the next order the complete opposite, it isn’t surprising if things aren’t quite as smooth as we’d like - it’s been days rather than weeks.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Im not saying they should tell us what is happening, just that they note the date has past, and discussions are ongoing. 

im sure they wouldnt cut you any slack if you missed a renewal deadline, the other way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I was wondering where the pro rata refunds were, and did check my account the other day,.  In an ideal world the club would have updated us before changing things again but it’s only been a couple of days - there’s a lot of crap going on so I think we can cut some slack.

Of course I don't think that, what I do find frustrating (as Greavsy has said) is that the club built a perfectly good refund scheme with the fans consent and then at the very first deadline date they have decided to change their rules without telling us.  It probably isn't but it feels a little underhand.  

I have had refunds from a national holiday company, cricket clubs and concert venues and the slowest at processing these things is NCFC! 

Edited by Ren
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ren said:

Of course I don't think that, what I do find frustrating (as Greavsy has said) is that the club built a perfectly good refund scheme with the fans consent and then at the very first deadline date they have decided to change their rules without telling us.  It probably isn't but it feels a little underhand.  

I have had refunds from a national holiday company, cricket clubs and concert venues and the slowest at processing these things is NCFC! 

Spot on - things change, Have no issue with that. But just tell us that what you said before isnt happening, due to Govt changing their stance, and a further comms will be issued when the new details are known / agreed / set up etc. 

I dont have a problem that its changed, just not being told. As stated above, it feels underhand. 

Greavsy any idea why the Away membership refund sitting in my NCFC account is £12.50p ( 50% ) as there is no chance whatsoever of going to an Away game this season ?

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Greavsy any idea why the Away membership refund sitting in my NCFC account is £12.50p ( 50% ) as there is no chance whatsoever of going to an Away game this season ?

They've  been reading  your  posts regarding " having seen it all before" and decided as you are a 50% supporter you get 50% back . 😉😇👍

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yep, that is correct Till, mine was a new application rather than a renewal. And when they sent the card it stated a 50 % refund would be made before the first home game. (that was also late being made). 

So it appears they haven't communicated this to the fans who renewed. 

Remember this was before the most recent govt change in policy, and when reduced numbers were still expected to be allowed into stadia. 

I assume there will be a further communication regarding this, possibly when they update their website Monday. 

Hope that helps Tilly. 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Absolutely. Let's hope this nonsense is completely abandoned.

9 hours ago, Ren said:

Apologies re my earlier posting re my debate with Nigel as you are quite right about the thread.

Equally though you are quite right above and my debate with Nigel was similarly about disregard for supporters.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 09:39, Greavsy said:

Again, trying to keep on topic. 

Ticket office called me last night andd assured me there would be an update on their website today. 

That hasn't happened! 

I have just spoken to them again and been told that it will updated next week, once the updated process is fully agreed. Letters are to be sent over weekend. 

I think this is poor from the club, and should keep us informed when things change. I totally accept its out of the their hands, but communication is key. 

Morning Greavsy - No letter in the post this morning, so if they did send them Saturday it must've been 2nd class.

Probably just waiting for the £25m from Everton to clear in the account before offering refunds!

If you hear anything today, please let us all know.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Morning Greavsy - No letter in the post this morning, so if they did send them Saturday it must've been 2nd class.

Probably just waiting for the £25m from Everton to clear in the account before offering refunds!

If you hear anything today, please let us all know.

Thanks.

Morning 

Was meant to be on website too, but nothing there. I was waiting until 10 to give them a chance. 

Chasing them now, and will update with their excuses, sorry comments

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Morning 

Was meant to be on website too, but nothing there. I was waiting until 10 to give them a chance. 

Chasing them now, and will update with their excuses, sorry comments

Just spoken to ticket office, "news on ticket rebates will be issued in a couple of days" 

Which in my view is pi$$ poor. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

OCD

Checking replies to posts you aren't interested in? Yes, I suppose you could call it obsessive. 

Either that, or you mistyped OTBC x

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just spoken to ticket office, "news on ticket rebates will be issued in a couple of days" 

Which in my view is pi$$ poor. 

Thanks for the update, and I agree it v poor.

I think Ill just pull my £500 out as I think this has been appallingly handled, changing their refund policy and not telling us! 

1 hour ago, CaptCanary said:

Checking replies to posts you aren't interested in? Yes, I suppose you could call it obsessive. 

Either that, or you mistyped OTBC x

That is the first kiss I have ever had on here 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Only on here?

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Thinking about it ? 🧐🧐

You must have kissed something fishy at some point in your life?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Have i stumbled on a blossoming bromance ?

39 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I don't believe for one second that @TIL 1010 hasn't given you a little peck before 😉

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't believe for one second that @TIL 1010 hasn't given you a little peck before 😉

Nearly as bad as looking in the mirror and blowing yourself a kiss not that i can think of anybody who would do that of course. Everybody around here are pretty modest or maybe not ?

Just spoken to someone (further up the chain) at the club again.  

Discussions are still ongoing as things are changing on a daily basis, and no update is expected to be announced early part of this week. They are hopeful for middle of week, but no guarantees. However they did say that if they cannot publish the new options they hope to have a interim message saying they are looking into things - only a week after we first promised refunds.

The letters that were due to be issued at the weekend didnt get sent, but when the process is fully agreed further letters will be sent to all season ticket holders.   

Whilst I totally empathise with their situation, I still think, personally, the lack of any comms to us, the fans, is extremely  poor. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just spoken to someone (further up the chain) at the club again.  

Discussions are still ongoing as things are changing on a daily basis, and no update is expected to be announced early part of this week. They are hopeful for middle of week, but no guarantees. However they did say that if they cannot publish the new options they hope to have a interim message saying they are looking into things - only a week after we first promised refunds.

The letters that were due to be issued at the weekend didnt get sent, but when the process is fully agreed further letters will be sent to all season ticket holders.   

Whilst I totally empathise with their situation, I still think, personally, the lack of any comms to us, the fans, is extremely  poor. 

I am cutting all organisations a bit of slack atm Greavsy so not overly concerned about this. I would say though that there is no excuse for failure to communicate, it’s a common curtesy at the very least.