Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

season ticket refund options announced

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

If you have paid by credit card then you should be ok as over Ā£100.

If like me you are paying by DD that might be a different story, but I'm really not worried about the solvency of the club at this stage. Depending on what happens in the world between now and March though might determine if I renew for 21/22 season.

Same here not worried about the solvency however I wonder if there are legal reasons that maybe the club have been told they canā€™t hold our money unless it is ringfenced.

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Likewise....In February before the 1st deadline I paid the best part of Ā£850.00 (in full) for the renewal ofĀ my ST....In the current climate I'd much prefer that amountĀ to be in my personal savings account gaining some interest....AlthoughĀ I'm sure NCFC are extremely grateful that they're accruingĀ some financial benefit of having my ST dosh in their account.....Ā 

Are there still banks paying any interest on savings? Think mine has gone down to 0.5% a year.Ā 

We're almost at the point where we'll have to pay interest to the bank to keep our money.Ā 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

12 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

You clearly must be hard up for wongaĀ 

That's a real d!ck post considering the state of things currently and how much a lot of people must actually be struggling.

People who thought they were ok, but things change on a daily basis.

You've just gone from standard troll back to full Waveney Cnt. Well done. I knew it wouldn't take too long.

Probably not too far form changing username in an attempt to reinvent yourself again.

Jobsworth probably burned too many bridges, but sure you have a stack lined up though.

• Like 1

Update from the club.Ā 

They will be posting something on the website by end of the week, as still discussions still ongoing.Ā 

I dont see that an update on the website / socialsĀ  to say the sameĀ would hurt personally.Ā 

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My DD has been taken overnight from my account.

I don't pay by DD Til however I beleive they are still to take payments, certainly until something is announced.Ā 

My understanding was they would be collecting the usual amount in one hand, and refunding a pro rata (price per match) with the other.Ā 

I think they are looking at something bigger now.Ā 

With it looking more and more less likely of getting into stadiums anytime soon, I would be happy to use the full amount I paid in Feb/Mar against next season.

If there are 3 or 4 restricted capacity games in 6 months time, then maybe the 1 in 3 scheme will work, and you just have to buy your ticket for those?

That's all reliant on having full stadiums again next season though. I've got tickets to The Killers at Carrow Road in June, and can't see how they can host that, with even more people on the pitch too, if we aren't back up to a full stadium on matchday by May.

Wait and see, I guess...

11 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Iā€™m happy to carry on paying my DD, worst case next season will be ā€œ free ā€œ

Assuming the prices don't increase for next season.Ā 

DDs were always going to continue to be collected, even with the refunds, was my understanding.Ā 

Like all non premier league clubs the club needs all the cash it can generate so I would encourage all fans to leave their cash in the club to allow them to operate as normally as possibleĀ 

use the money to pay for the following seasons season ticketĀ 

itā€™s the canary wayĀ 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Like all non premier league clubs the club needs all the cash it can generate so I would encourage all fans to leave their cash in the club to allow them to operate as normally as possibleĀ 

itā€™s the canary wayĀ 

This non-premier league club is probably going to generate around 25 to 75 million in the next two weeks depending on Webber's decisions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

itā€™s the canary wayĀ 

Yeah. It is important to keep funding Drmic's salary whilst he plays for the under 23s.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yeah. It is important to keep funding Drmic's salary whilst he plays for the under 23s.

Not the comments of a proper canary fanĀ 

27 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

itā€™s the canary wayĀ 

What not start collecting for 21/22 too to really help the club out.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Not the comments of a proper canary fanĀ 

I consider myself both a canary fan and a football fan. 30 years ago the Football Associations priority was the grassroots and ultimately that should matter more than the bloated Premier League which NCFC are still living off in relation to parachute payments.

Yet again yesterday the Premier League fails to make any progress in helping smaller clubs as they hold on to their greed culture.

Perhaps accept that the Bank of Carrow Road is as safe as any other and that they are striving to be successful, nonetheless football as an industry needs a more 'we are all in this together approach' and Robin Hood culture rather than simply dumping on supporters or the taxpayer.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I consider myself both a canary fan and a football fan. 30 years ago the Football Associations priority was the grassroots and ultimately that should matter more than the bloated Premier League which NCFC are still living off in relation to parachute payments.

Yet again yesterday the Premier League fails to make any progress in helping smaller clubs as they hold on to their greed culture.

Perhaps accept that the Bank of Carrow Road is as safe as any other and that they are striving to be successful, nonetheless football as an industry needs a more 'we are all in this together approach' and Robin Hood culture rather than simply dumping on supporters or the taxpayer.

I do agree re the tax payer itā€™s a disgrace that football are even thinking about approaching the government for fundingĀ 

In these uncertain times I'm hoping more than ever we keep the choice of what to do with our money. Those that want or need refunds should be able to get them quickly. Those who prefer to keep paying, either for any restart or for future season should also be able to.

I'm intrigued Essex. Do you get yours refunded? I suppose credit for future tickets would be of no use to you.

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ā I suppose credit for future tickets would be of no use to you.

I doubt any of us could guarantee we will be here to use themšŸ˜‰

I may be wrong but I'm sure we were all given the opportunity to pause our direct debit. If so, it's a bit late to complain now.Ā 

Perhaps the club has got it wrong but we are at least getting ifollow for nothing. As a season ticket holder I would have been quite happy to pay Ā£10 for home games so financially I have no complaints. Ricardo rightly says we may not be here by the time refunds are issued but I doubt I'll care if I'm dead.Ā 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

None of us are immortal though.

Some seem to live on here forever though!

Whatever happens the club miss out on revenue for ALL games that fans arent allowed in for, Be it tickets, programs, food/ drink and the like.Ā 

By holding onto the money (which I am more than happy for them to do) for next season merely defers the shortfall.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Ā 

I'm intrigued Essex. Do you get yours refunded? I suppose credit for future tickets would be of no use to you.

I think he gets a refund for life and can then pass it on after death.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

In these uncertain times I'm hoping more than ever we keep the choice of what to do with our money. Those that want or need refunds should be able to get them quickly. Those who prefer to keep paying, either for any restart or for future season should also be able to.

A shareholding which comes with a season ticket for life is clearly of little use just at the moment either in terms of match attendance or a refund.

Whilst I appreciate the enthusiasm to discharge some of the Clubs liabilities in relation to my mortality perhaps Drmics salary presents a greater financial risk given that he could simply sit there for 2 years. There is also the point that it is not his fault either. In the same way that Buendia and Cantwell are expected to show professionalism and compete for a first team place shouldn't he have the same opportunity?

12 months ago the Club was prepared to pay out a substantial capital reward to a limited number of supporters. Whilst appreciating that Covid is not their fault either it would still be a bit rich to look to the wider supporter base for any substantial free finance. Alternatives would be to fill the three vacant Board posts with some prominent local young businessmen or to extend the Preference Share scheme currently at a rate of 4 per cent.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Ā 

12 months ago the Club was prepared to pay out a substantial capital reward to a limited number of supporters. Whilst appreciating that Covid is not their fault either it would still be a bit rich to look to the wider supporter base for any substantial free finance. Alternatives would be to fill the three vacant Board posts with some prominent local young businessmen or to extend the Preference Share scheme currently at a rate of 4 per cent.

Agree entirely with that.