A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, as Braverman is out of a job and is completely useless, will she be getting deported to Rwanda with Priti Patel? Asking for a friend.

Although, in her defence of sorts, she admitted she ballsed up.

Suella Braverman MP on Twitter: "My letter to the Prime Minister. https://t.co/TaWO1PMOF2" / Twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if she sent that email on purpose, just so she could resign and show up Truss

• Like 1

Though it sounds like that they just didn't turn up, not they they supported the Labour motion.

For all the noise and the blustering, looks like no Tories voted for the ban.

BREAKINGChief whip and deputy resign

Chief Whip Wendy Morton and deputy Craig Whittaker have resigned, Tory MPs tell the BBC.

It's like a Carry On film :

BREAKINGBryant says he saw MPs being physically manhandled

Senior Labour MP Chris Bryant has urged the deputy speaker to launch an investigation into "scenes in the voting lobby" in Parliament.

Bryant says he saw MPs being "physically manhandled".

He accuses government whips - who enforce discipline - of bullying and harassing his Tory colleagues over the vote that has just taken place.

Labour MP, the shadow Scottish secretary Ian Murray, tweeted that he had "never seen scenes like it" in the voting lobby.

He said he'd seen Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg shouting at his colleagues, whips "screaming at Tories", and "dragging people in".

•  
  •  

2 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

It's like a Carry On film :

BREAKINGBryant says he saw MPs being physically manhandled

Senior Labour MP Chris Bryant has urged the deputy speaker to launch an investigation into "scenes in the voting lobby" in Parliament.

Bryant says he saw MPs being "physically manhandled".

He accuses government whips - who enforce discipline - of bullying and harassing his Tory colleagues over the vote that has just taken place.

Labour MP, the shadow Scottish secretary Ian Murray, tweeted that he had "never seen scenes like it" in the voting lobby.

He said he'd seen Business Secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg shouting at his colleagues, whips "screaming at Tories", and "dragging people in".

•  
  •  

Fair play to this chap👏👏👏

Saying it as it really is. Even astonishing the interviewer.

He has just said in this clip what so many people have felt about the recent shambolic state of the Tory party.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Every time I go out somewhere, even to the convenience store round the corner, the first thing I do when I get back is check whether Truss is still PM.

Set your clock to Sturgeon. Very reliable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Fair play to this chap👏👏👏

Saying it as it really is. Even astonishing the interviewer.

He has just said in this clip what so many people have felt about the recent shambolic state of the Tory party.

Yes, a very candid interview, most unlike a politician.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, benchwarmer said:

The Night of the Long Knives . . .

What next, the Day of the Triffids?  It could hardly be worse.

It's a pantomime, but without the humour. It needs resolving, and quickly, we're starting to make Italy look stable in comparison. I've never in 40 or more years of being politically aware known anything like it. We need leadership, and pronto.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Yes, a very candid interview, most unlike a politician.

If he's intending to quit politics before the GE as he says, then he's not got much to lose by just wearing his heart on his sleeve has he.

I think this is the Tory party in its dying days (hours) expelling the failed ERG as a last desperate attempt to be competent. Too little too late.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If he's intending to quit politics before the GE as he says, then he's not got much to lose by just wearing his heart on his sleeve has he.

I didn't know this, and yes, it explains it partly, but many politicians never shake the habit.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feels like we're essentially living in a failed state.

That's exactly what it is.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I wouldn’t perhaps have.put it quite like that…😎

But I would say the chances of Truss being forced out very quickly have shortened.

Oh, saying she was a "a repugnant self-serving c**tfuttock with her head up her **** as well" was the TGS diplomatic version for summing up Braverman.

Could well hit a lot of birds at once with that stone.

Edited by TheGunnShow

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think this is the Tory party in its dying days (hours) expelling the failed ERG as a last desperate attempt to be competent. Too little too late.

I have thought today that one huge effect of Brexit has been the absolute tearing apart of the Tory party. It has ruined the country and also this appalling administration. No good at all has come from it. It has set in sail a proper malevolent force. Cameron sits behind it all of course. Johnson used it as his vehicle for his act as world king and the ERG nutters to game the country. The party of Brexit has effectively led to it's implosion.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Just now, sonyc said:

I have thought today that one huge effect of Brexit has been the absolute tearing apart of the Tory party. It has ruined the country and also this appalling administration. No good at all has come from it. It has set in sail a proper malevolent force. Cameron sits behind it all of course. Johnson used it as his vehicle for his act as world king and the ERG nutters to game the country. The party of Brexit has effectively imploded it.

To be fair, Europe was always the weak spot of the Tory party. Brexit was the means of attacking it.

Any suggestions on what will happen next? 🤷‍♂️🤣

I'm going for Hatt Mancock to reappear as a Cab Sec for Luuuuuurve 😍🍆 and JRM to challenge someone to a duel at dawn. 🤔🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Any suggestions on what will happen next? 🤷‍♂️🤣

I'm going for Hatt Mancock to reappear as a Cab Sec for Luuuuuurve 😍🍆 and JRM to challenge someone to a duel at dawn. 🤔🤣

Apples

I reckon Liz will declare martial law, install herself as President then invade Scotland to stamp out the anti English sentiment! She’ll call it a special operation! That’s what desperate leaders appear to do nowadays!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I reckon Liz will declare martial law, install herself as President then invade Scotland to stamp out the anti English sentiment! She’ll call it a special operation! That’s what desperate leaders appear to do nowadays!

Alternatively, i just don't believe anybody could be so inept so it must be deliberate. Inspired.

I name Liz Truss as a deep cover Lib Dem remainer mole whose mission was and which has now successfully destroyed the Tories as retribution for the fallout for the LDs after the coalition.

Welcome back Liz. Job well done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

😂 That sounds entirely plausible except that I rather doubt Liz's knowledge/understanding of the UK extends as far as being able to identify which corner of it is Scotland.

Perhaps invading Islington to stamp out a few senior Labour politicians & assorted others of the anti-growth coalition is more likely 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Alternatively, i just don't believe anybody could be so inept so it must be deliberate. Inspired.

I name Liz Truss as a deep cover Lib Dem remainer mole whose mission was and which has now successfully destroyed the Tories as retribution for the fallout for the LDs after the coalition.

Welcome back Liz. Job well done.

Who knows the one thing we can all agree on, she makes Boris look a good alternative! I don’t think we’ll have a Tory government in the next ten years!

Just now, Indy said:

Who knows the one thing we can all agree on, she makes Boris look a good alternative! I don’t think we’ll have a Tory government in the next ten years!

I think Labour will be dining out on Truss for many decades to come. It's one of those once in a century events. Her name will enter the lexicon as slang for incompetence.....

(Oddly she'll overshadow Johnson as the worst ever PM which will probably disappoint him in the record books 🤔)

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think Labour will be dining out on Truss for many decades to come. It's one of those once in a century events. Her name will enter the lexicon as slang for incompetence.....

(Oddly she'll overshadow Johnson as the worst ever PM which will probably disappoint him in the record books 🤔)

What really does my head is Boris was so pro EU, till he saw an opportunity to head up the political ladder, he didn’t believe in Brexit but used it to his own gain, Liz is no better, she’s proven over and over that all she’s ever wanted is to mimic Thatcher, well unfortunately Thatcher love or hate her was a clever leader.

I utterly hate them for their selfishness and not doing the job for the country. It’s not only damaged our economy but put us so far back that it’ll take years to get back on an even keel! Our businesses are suffering and our pound is plunging, there’s potential for EU to put tariffs on incoming goods and were all supposed to be happy with this lot of dross. They’ve seriously screwed the country for years to come!

• Like 5